willjr
bobheckler
NYCelt
RosalieTCeltics
gyso
16 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Paris Olympics Basketball News 2024 - Page 4 Empty Re: Paris Olympics Basketball News 2024

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Jul 28, 2024 2:32 pm

Tatum walked out of locker room and never warmed up, total DNP along with Haliburton. What the heck is Kerr's facination with Embid????? He did nothing out there except try to get foul calls. Missed at least 4 free throws. Something smells here Just because Durant comes back,, you sit Jason Tatum after playing him at least 17 plus minutes in other games. I just think there is something here
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Paris Olympics Basketball News 2024 - Page 4 Empty Re: Paris Olympics Basketball News 2024

Post by NYCelt Sun Jul 28, 2024 5:34 pm

SI cover jinx?
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by bygone Sun Jul 28, 2024 8:40 pm

This crock was on the bleacher report.

"I went with the combinations that made sense," head coach Steve Kerr told reporters while speaking about Tatum's lack of playing time. "That was for tonight. He handled it well. He'll make his mark."

Kerr added: "I felt like an idiot not playing him... [In] a 40-minute game, you can't play more than 10."

Steve Kerr says Jayson Tatum sat mostly because of getting KD into the mix.
But said there will be opportunities.

E Spoelstra's face on the bench led me to believe something else is going on. The Dubs and Heat need help and they are not above anything to try and help themselves. Brown & Tatum snubbed, maybe they hope to create discord and steal White and/or Holiday.
bygone
bygone

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Jul 28, 2024 9:13 pm

I do not trust Kerr at all. So this is going to be interesting. He will make a fool of himself if he treats Tatum badly. It will be obvious his motives are not totally USA basketball related. I just don’t think this can happen for too long.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Mon Jul 29, 2024 8:49 am

Devil's Advocate here: Maybe the old guys get the playing time because it is their last Olympic rodeo?

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Jul 29, 2024 8:51 am

Giving him too much credit Gyso. One way to lose young players is disrespect. Kerr blew this one
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by bygone Mon Jul 29, 2024 9:31 am

I respect your hesitance to condemn Gyso, there are more games coming.

I do take Rosalie's view however, given Kerr's other reported comments that I didn't list that sounded like baloney to me.

I am very pleased that Brad Stevens is our GM and he is nobody's fool.
bygone
bygone

Back to top Go down

Post by bygone Mon Jul 29, 2024 9:36 am

Ditto for Joe Mazzulla, he's a no BS coach.
bygone
bygone

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon Jul 29, 2024 10:19 am

Steve Kerr has been a great player and a great NBA coach, despite his lack of condemnation of Draymon at time. I also respect his patriotism and approach to others. Plus he lost a father in the worst of all possible ways. That all prompts me to give him a pass on dissing Jayson for this one game. I can't imagine he'll keep Tatum on the bench for long stretches hereafter. Time will tell.
worcester
worcester

https://www.hkacup.com

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon Jul 29, 2024 10:20 am

Helluva game by Jrue. Kobe-esque defense.
worcester
worcester

https://www.hkacup.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Mon Jul 29, 2024 12:17 pm

worcester wrote:Steve Kerr has been a great player and a great NBA coach, despite his lack of condemnation of Draymon at time. I also respect his patriotism and approach to others. Plus he lost a father in the worst of all possible ways. That all prompts me to give him a pass on dissing Jayson for this one game. I can't imagine he'll keep Tatum on the bench for long stretches hereafter. Time will tell.

I'll agree that Kerr gets a pass on this one.

It does seem strange that you wouldn't play Tatum if you have him, but that's the coach's decision. When you look at possible motivating factors, why would a successful coach risk his record in the Olympics, on a global stage, to satisfy some vendetta? Likewise for any other ulterior motive. You're going to play what you believe are your best combinations to win. Perhaps in Kerr's mind, Tatum is a better fit in a different rotation against other teams. He could simply be looking at matchups as he claims. Let's at least see if he sits other key players going forward.

It's partly personal perspective too. You can be sure Indiana fans are complaining about White getting minutes and Haliburton sitting.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Berlin-T Wed Jul 31, 2024 7:48 am

As far as I'm concerned he can bench all our players for the rest of the tournament.

1. Then they'll have a big chip on their shoulders and do their best to show Kerr up when the NBA season starts.

2. They'll be well rested and hopefully healthy.

What's to complain about?
I don't give a crap about the Olympics.

Berlin-T
Berlin-T
Berlin-T

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Wed Aug 07, 2024 7:23 am

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Wed Aug 07, 2024 7:24 am

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Thu Aug 08, 2024 12:08 am

USA Basketball vs Serbia time, TV channel, streaming, prediction for Olympic semifinals

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/usa-basketball-vs-serbia-time-211910608.html

Justin Martinez and Joel Lorenzi, The Oklahoman
Wed, August 7, 2024 at 5:19 PM EDT·3 min read

The United States men's basketball team will face Serbia in the 2024 Paris Olympic semifinals on Thursday.

Team USA advanced past the quarterfinals with a 122-87 win over Brazil on Tuesday. Serbia advanced with a 95-90 win over Australia in overtime on Tuesday.

Here's what you need to know:

Quarterfinals: Germany-Greece | Australia-Serbia | Canada-France | United States-Brazil

What time is Team USA vs Serbia in 2024 Paris Olympic semifinals?

Date: Thursday, Aug. 8

Time: 2 p.m. CT

Where: Bercy Arena in Paris, France

How to watch, stream Team USA vs Serbia in 2024 Paris Olympic semifinals

TV: USA Network

Streaming: Fubo (free trial), Peacock and NBCOlympics.com

Team USA basketball roster

Bam Adebayo, C (Miami Heat)

Devin Booker, G (Phoenix Suns)

Stephen Curry, G (Golden State Warriors)

Anthony Davis, F/C (Los Angeles Lakers)

Kevin Durant, F, (Phoenix Suns)

Anthony Edwards, G (Minnesota Timberwolves)

Joel Embiid, C (Philadelphia 76ers)

Tyrese Haliburton, G (Indiana Pacers)

Jrue Holiday, G (Boston Celtics)

LeBron James, F (Los Angeles Lakers)

Jayson Tatum, F (Boston Celtics)

Derrick White, G (Boston Celtics)

Team Serbia basketball roster

Aleksa Avramovic, G (KK Partizan)

Bogdan Bogdanovic, G (Atlanta Hawks)

Dejan Davidovac, F (KK Crvena Zvezda)

Ognjen Dobric, F (KK Crvena Zvezda)

Marko Guduric, G (Fenerbahce)

Nikola Jokic, C (Denver Nuggets)

Nikola Jovic, F (Miami Heat)

Vanja Marinkovic, G (KK Partizan)

Vasilije Micic, G (Charlotte Hornets)

Nikola Milutinov, C (Olympiacos)

Filip Petrusev, F (Olympiacos)

Uros Plavsic, C (KK Crvena Zvezda)

USA vs Serbia prediction in 2024 Paris Olympic semifinals

Justin Martinez, staff writer

Nikola Jokic is the best player in the world, and he's good enough alone to give Serbia a fighting chance in this one. But no team is more equipped to make life difficult for Jokic than the United States, which boasts defensive-minded bigs such as Joel Embiid, Anthony Davis and Bam Adebayo.

And while Jokic will get some scoring help from Bogdan Bogdanovic and Vasilije Micic, it won't be enough to keep up with a United States offense that's averaging 109.8 points per game.

Team USA earned a 110-84 win over Serbia in group play. I'm picking the United States to win this matchup again and advance to the final round, where it'll compete for its fifth straight Olympic gold medal.

Prediction: United States 107, Serbia 93

Joel Lorenzi, staff writer

With Jokic leading one of the field's most high-powered offenses, I think it'll look competitive for a while. Serbia's 89 points would be as much as anyone has dropped against the United States.

But in the end, it'll look the same — a deficit probably not even worth mentioning by now. The United States, the most ruthless team in the field, has hardly lifted a finger while keeping every opponent below 87 points. On the other end, it hasn't scored less than 103 points, and steamrolled Brazil en route to scoring 122 points on Tuesday.

Serbia and Jokic should see an honorable defeat.

Prediction: United States 109, Serbia 89

USA vs Serbia betting odds for 2024 Paris Olympic semifinals

Odds courtesy of BetMGM as of Wednesday, Aug. 7

Spread: USA (-16.5)

Over/under: 186.5

Moneyline: USA -2500 | Serbia +1000

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Aug 08, 2024 3:11 pm

Gary Washburn @GwashburnGlobe
about 44 minutes ago
Just had a moment with Guerschon Yabusele, who recognized me and said smiling, "You gotta tell (the #Celtics) to bring me back." Yabu was a former BOS first-round pick. Plays now for Real Madrid.

Bob
MY NOTE:  He shot 39.4% from 3 last year and is only 28 years old.  He's not coming back, of course, Brad would give the nod to Drew Peterson before that, but it's amusing to imagine The French Dancing Bear in green again.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Aug 08, 2024 4:24 pm

I think we are going to have one unhappy superstar in Jayson Tatum at the end of this. OUT again today. they are getting their rears handed to them by Josic
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Aug 08, 2024 6:03 pm

USA squeaks by Serbia as JT is being treated like a scrub.  Another DNP-COACHES DECISION.

Last edited by dboss on Thu Aug 08, 2024 9:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu Aug 08, 2024 8:42 pm

If I was him I wouldn’t play on that team ever again after this year. When they come calling, just say thanks I got stuff to do this summer. Then when they beg, just say “nah you had your chance, you obviously don’t value my abilities” What a disgrace not playing him, his defense, rebounding and passing is better than Durant’s, Booker and Edwards. Edwards sucked today, no way he should not have played!! The team really needed his game today and how he can effect the game. Even Draymond Green ripped his own coach, Kerr for not playing Tatum.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Aug 08, 2024 9:26 pm

Edwards is out there for one reason, himself. If he could, he would never give that ball up. Remember at the beginning of the Olympics he claimed he was the new ‘face’. I am sorry, what they are doing to JT is blatant crap. Kerr is a fool, does he think people do not realize what he is doing? Oh he has no choice but to play Holiday and White, they are the guys who have given all they can when out there. And now Hill wants to say that JB would be considered for the 2028 team. What an insult. Devin Booker is KD’s stooge, that is why he is there. This whole debacle has proved to me that they are headed for a blowout at some point. They do not know how to play like a team.

Remember, if it were not for Jayson Tatum, they would not have won the last Olympics. I have soured in my feelings for this whole thing. I will never root against America, but I have to say, to watch this kid being so disrespected, turns me off.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by bygone Thu Aug 08, 2024 9:28 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:If I was him I wouldn’t play on that team ever again after this year. When they come calling, just say thanks I got stuff to do this summer. Then when they beg, just say “nah you had your chance, you obviously don’t value my abilities” What a disgrace not playing him, his defense, rebounding and passing is better than Durant’s, Booker and Edwards. Edwards sucked today, no way he should not have played!! The team really needed his game today and how he can effect the game. Even Draymond Green ripped his own coach, Kerr for not playing Tatum.

I agree 100%.  Tatum and Halliburton both could have contributed to Durant, Booker and Edward's deficiencies. Serbia played awesome at both ends, for most of the game we played lackadaisical defense until 4th quarter and looked tired and Serbia played superior switching defense.  USA was lucky to get that win. Lebron, Curry and Embiid were quite good, Holiday was good, White had an off night. Too much hero ball, too little teamwork. Piss poor coaching, sorry Mr Kerr, you may be a fine person, but your coaching was sub par.
bygone
bygone

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Aug 09, 2024 3:22 am

bygone wrote:
cowens/oldschool wrote:If I was him I wouldn’t play on that team ever again after this year. When they come calling, just say thanks I got stuff to do this summer. Then when they beg, just say “nah you had your chance, you obviously don’t value my abilities” What a disgrace not playing him, his defense, rebounding and passing is better than Durant’s, Booker and Edwards. Edwards sucked today, no way he should not have played!! The team really needed his game today and how he can effect the game. Even Draymond Green ripped his own coach, Kerr for not playing Tatum.

I agree 100%.  Tatum and Halliburton both could have contributed to Durant, Booker and Edward's deficiencies. Serbia played awesome at both ends, for most of the game we played lackadaisical defense until 4th quarter and looked tired and Serbia played superior switching defense.  USA was lucky to get that win. Lebron, Curry and Embiid were quite good, Holiday was good, White had an off night. Too much hero ball, too little teamwork. Piss poor coaching, sorry Mr Kerr, you may be a fine person, but your coaching was sub par.

I just looked at the boxscore, it confirmed my eye test, Booker 6 points 0 rebounds 1 assist, Edwards 2 points 2 rebounds 0 assists, Durant 9 points 3 rebounds 1 assist. Tatum’s defense and rebounding and passing is way better than all 3, he’s way more active and tenacious than Durant defensively. Tatum and Brown always get those passing lane steals and turn them into dunks the other end. I didn’t see any USA guys doing that. Kerr is terrible. F0€k them, rest Jayson every offseason from now on please. You don’t need this crap.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bygone Fri Aug 09, 2024 6:06 am

Thank you Cow, I had trouble finding box scores, finally found one on msn.com.

Apologies, I can't get the box score to transfer to text properly, but the statistic that stands out is the assists column. Lebron had 10 in 32 minutes, Holiday had 7 in 20 minutes (and played helluva good defense every minute he was on the court). No one else had more than 2 assists. Edwards had 0, Booker had 1!
bygone
bygone

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Aug 09, 2024 9:40 am

Bygone my go to for boxscores is ESPN

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Fri Aug 09, 2024 10:36 am

No reasonable explanation for Tatum sitting this one out.

I would give Kerr a pass the first time if he was paying the matchup game. But this time around he knew the matchup capabilities and even had a chance to sub Tatum in for a player that was repeatedly getting beat on the defensive end.

I’d like to hear Kerr come out with a statement on why; one that makes sense. He probably won’t.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next