tjmakz
Matty
beat
21 posters

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Trade Rumor Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Trade Rumor Thread

Post by dboss Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:33 pm

Horford looking for a $120+ million contract. The hawks would like to keep him but the money is prohibitive so they figure to move him now or lose him for nothing. Sounds like they are in a bind so why would anyone give them equal value?

Question: Does anyone think that he is worth that much money and
if so what would you be willing to part with to make the deal.

I am on record as saying no to both KO and Crowder

As far as the money is concerend considering that Lee is coming of the books the celtics may be able to fit his salary in. I however would not want him for that amount of money.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by pete Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:46 pm

dboss,

Too much for me!

pete
pete
pete

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:04 pm

dboss and pete,

I agree. Horford is a free agent next season? I say bid on him then. Only spend gold chips on a player who is under contract for the next 2-3 years. Otherwise it is a waste.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:41 pm

The sports radio station down here does not realize that danny is a value shopper!

They would be thrilled to get both kelly and Crowder down here and Hunter has the GA State connection.

Gyso and Pete - If Boston is not able to move Lee before the end of the season, what will we be looking at in terms of CAP space to go after a free agent or 2?

Dboss

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:32 pm

I proposed an Amir JOhnson, Dallas first and a second for Horford earlier.

the actual trade I proposed was

Bradley, Amir, Jerebko, Dallas first and Minnesota's first( will become two seconds)
for
Horford ,Teague and Sefolosha

for just Horford I would offer Amir, Dallas first and a second rounder in this draft. I would also add a future first IF Horford resigns to a deal longer than two year.

anyone who thinks Horford isn't better than any of the bigs on our roster now, is not seeing the same games I am.

he'll be 30YO next year and I believe he WILL get a max or near max deal.

there could be as many as 20 NBA teams that could offer max money next year. SO we need to understand that some players who in the past might have been $15M players will be $20M or more next season.

Like it or not.

Horford moves the needle for me in the trade that I offered here.

Celtics have $51M in salarys next year, not counting any first round picks Danny keeps and the holds for Sully and Zeller as RFA's and Turner and/or Lee as UFA's.

Lee if not traded or bought out will be renounced.
Turners hold would be around $5M
Rookies If we have a top 5 pick and two later first could be in the $5-8M range
I believe Zeller and sully would get an offer (hold) of less than $3M each (though Sully MAY qualify as a starter and have a higher offer.

so that's about $70M with all the holds (except Lee). and the cap is expected to be at least $89M.

we can also cut Amir and Jerebko freeing up an additional $17M.

IF Danny keep all three draft picks (unlikely to me, as there is no roster space) then Lee and TWO other players need to go to make room.

any Free agents signed, will require someone else being moved as well.

a couple links

http://www.basketball-reference.com/contracts/BOS.html

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q38

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:39 pm

Boss,

There is too much time left in the season and too many movable parts to begin to guess what our cap space will be. Danny has set us up quite nicely, so if he wants to be a player this summer in free agency, he can and will be.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:32 am

With almost every Boston player in the rotation playing good ball right now, I wonder if Danny will trade a key piece for an upgrade.
I do think Boston will be involved in Gallinari and Horford trade discussions.
It will seem like a long week with no regular season games and lots of trade chatter.
I wish we could fast forward to next Thursday to see what moves our teams make.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:31 am

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/240747/76ers-Waiting-On-Joel-Embiid-As-Trade-Calls-Come-For-Nerlens-Noel-Jahlil-Okafor

76ers Waiting On Joel Embiid As Trade Calls Come For Nerlens Noel, Jahlil Okafor

FEB 10, 2016 5:28 PM

The Philadelphia 76ers have received trade inquiries from rival teams on the availability of Nerlens Noel and Jahlil Okafor.

The 76ers, however, do not want to part with either Noel or Okafor until they know if Joel Embiid is healthy enough to play.

Embiid has undergone surgery on his right foot in each of the past two summers.

If the 76ers do trade a center, it is unlikely to happen until the offseason.

bob
MY NOTE:  So, they are waiting on a player who played one year in college and has never played in the NBA.  If he's healthy, who goes?  I'm not sure Embiid and Okafur will work any better together than Okafur and Noel.  They will both clog the middle. If we don't do the Horford deal, Danny is very patient.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:56 am

bobheckler wrote:http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/240747/76ers-Waiting-On-Joel-Embiid-As-Trade-Calls-Come-For-Nerlens-Noel-Jahlil-Okafor

76ers Waiting On Joel Embiid As Trade Calls Come For Nerlens Noel, Jahlil Okafor

FEB 10, 2016 5:28 PM

The Philadelphia 76ers have received trade inquiries from rival teams on the availability of Nerlens Noel and Jahlil Okafor.

The 76ers, however, do not want to part with either Noel or Okafor until they know if Joel Embiid is healthy enough to play.

Embiid has undergone surgery on his right foot in each of the past two summers.

If the 76ers do trade a center, it is unlikely to happen until the offseason.

bob
MY NOTE:  So, they are waiting on a player who played one year in college and has never played in the NBA.  If he's healthy, who goes?  I'm not sure Embiid and Okafur will work any better together than Okafur and Noel.  They will both clog the middle.  If we don't do the Horford deal, Danny is very patient.

There's definitely no reason to trade Noel or Okafor now.
I think they will trade one for a pg at some point.
They will probably have the #1 or #2 pick in the draft.
Simmons and Ingram are both SF's.
They will probably have to trade to get a pg.
I think Boston could be a fit for Okafor or Noel, but I don't think Boston has a pg that Philly needs.
Smart is a good player, but not one who is going to be your pg for the next 5-10 years.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:48 pm

Embiid may turn out to be great NBA player, but ONLY the 6ers would even think about trading away either of their young, healthy centers after some doctors may claim that Embiid is healthy.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:48 pm

I'd trade our own first this year for Embiid.

what is our pick now, somewhere about 21-24?

yep, I'd roll the dice on Sam Bowie Jr.

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:07 pm

Funny article.  I never knew Real GM did satire.

Trade Noel?  Very outside possibility if they get back a top flight PG or wing.  Then again, they have what is probably the best young C and PF combination in the league (they just don't have anything else), so why?  Based on Embiid?  That might take the definition of "gamble" to a whole new level.

Trade Okafor? AhhhhHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa!  I think I just laughed so hard I hurt myself.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:55 pm

KDP,

I would also trade our own first pick this year for Embiid. A gamble, but a good gamble. Might even toss in a second round pick.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:17 am

wideclyde wrote:KDP,

I would also trade our own first pick this year for Embiid.  A gamble, but a good gamble.  Might even toss in a second round pick.

as long as we don't give philly back their own second rounder.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:16 am

wideclyde wrote:KDP,

I would also trade our own first pick this year for Embiid.  A gamble, but a good gamble.  Might even toss in a second round pick.

I don't think Philly is going to spend $9m on salary over the last two years for Embiid plus all of the rehab costs to give up on him now for a late first round pick.
Apparently, Embiid's rehab is going well and he is very dedicated to the process.

http://www.csnphilly.com/basketball-philadelphia-76ers/brown-joel-embiid-headed-really-positive-direction
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:55 am

I would def trade our own #1 for Embid. Throw in a # 2 if needed. Lee too if needed. Embid could have a big upside, or be a zero.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:07 am

http://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2016/02/boston_celtics_trade_rumors_20_188.html

Boston Celtics trade rumors 2016: Atlanta Hawks requests for Al Horford, Jeff Teague have been 'borderline ridiculous'

The Atlanta Hawks still have almost a week to lower their sights, but have wanted "borderline ridiculous" returns for Al Horford and Jeff Teague in early trade talks, according to CSNNE sideline reporter Chris Mannix.

Horford, 29, has been linked to the Boston Celtics in the rumor mill, but could be too expensive for their liking.

"From everything I've been told in the last two or three days, Atlanta's requests for both Al Horford and Jeff Teague have been borderline ridiculous," Mannix said Thursday night on the television station. "The kind of things teams like Boston, or Milwaukee, or Denver simply won't deal for the players they want.

"Things like this tend to cool off though. As we get close to the deadline -- when we get to the 17th, when we get to the 18th (the trade deadline) -- that's when the real horse trading begins. That's when (Celtics president of basketball operations) Danny Ainge will know if Atlanta is really serious about trading Al Horford."

Despite reports the Hawks are considering a major shakeup, Ainge said Thursday on 98.5 The Sports Hub's Toucher & Rich that he does not believe they will move any of their "key guys." Perhaps he developed that stance after gauging what Atlanta would want in a blockbuster deal. Or maybe he's just trying to drive down their price for Horford, the three-time All-Star who will hit free agency after this season.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:21 am

Boston Celtics trade rumors 2016: Shabazz Muhammad is reportedly on team's radar

Trade Rumor Thread - Page 4 Sam-mitchell-shabazz-muhammad-fa221b8c13d7ce9b
FILE - In this Jan. 10, 2016, file photo, Minnesota Timberwolves coach Sam Mitchell talks with forward Shabazz Muhammad (15) during the second half of an NBA basketball game against the Dallas Mavericks, in Minneapolis. (AP Photo/Stacy Bengs, File)

Jay King | mjking@masslive.com By Jay King | mjking@masslive.com

on February 11, 2016 at 4:15 PM

The Boston Celtics are on a list of teams that have explored the possibility of acquiring Minnesota Timberwolves forward Shabazz Muhammad, according to Darren Wolfson of ESPN Twin Cities.

Darren Wolfson ✔ @DWolfsonKSTP
Newton's first real test: whether to move Shabazz. Hear tonight Blazers, Suns, & Celtics kicking the tires. LAC still too, & more. #twolves
9:03 PM - 10 Feb 2016
 28 28 Retweets   26 26 likes

If the Celtics could pick one area to add depth, perimeter size would likely be the choice. At 6-foot-6, 223 pounds, Muhammad would fit that mold, at least.

The 23-year-old former lottery pick hasn't shown progression like the Timberwolves probably wanted, but has still revealed potential as a scorer, albeit one who does not appreciate the fine art of passing. Last season, he averaged 21.3 points per 36 minutes on impressive 55.6 percent true shooting, according to Basketball-Reference.com. A number of his stats have dipped this year (including 3-point shooting), but his 6.9 free throw attempts per 100 possessions would still rank second on the Celtics behind Isaiah Thomas.

The Celtics certainly don't mind buying low on younger players who could blossom in different roles. Think about Jae Crowder, Evan Turner or even Thomas. Team president of basketball operations Danny Ainge could wonder whether a new set of responsibilities would allow Muhammad to emerge.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:43 am

A big outside shooter who drives to the hoop? I'm feeling it.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:16 pm

He is NOT a reliable 3 point shooter. We need more reliabble 3 point shooters.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:35 pm

What is his 3 pt %.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Berlin-T Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:53 pm

wideclyde wrote:Bob,

I understand your point about the NY press, but at the end of Rondo's time in Boston I was so upset with him that I may have actually accepted the box of donuts that you mentioned.

I actually posted at that time that I'd trade him for a bag of peanuts.

Berlin-T
Berlin-T
Berlin-T

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:18 pm

worcester wrote:What is his 3 pt %.

27.8% this year, 31.4% career (2 + years).

He shot 39.2% from 3 last year.

He's a scorer who can create his own shot, for what it's worth, but he is not a good passer. I don't see how he fits other than as a replacement for James Young.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Berlin-T Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:32 pm

dboss wrote:

The Celtics would like to make a move but i see no good reason to screw up the core of this team.  If we are not able to make a favorable trade then that is fine with me.  Next year Lee will be gone as well as Turner and Boston has to make a qualifying offer on Sullinger and Zeller.

The Celtics really do not have to make a trade unless it is most favorable to the needs that the Celtics have.  The other thing to ocnsider is that the team seems to have found a certain chemistry after countless rotation changes.  We now have a pretty solid starting 5 and rotation players that can step in and play together.  It is a real good mix.  if you bring in 3 or 4 new players at this pooint you will screw up that chemistry.

dboss

This exactly my greatest fear, that we'll bring in someone who can't or won't fit into the culture (chemistry) that Stevens and this team have achieved.

Berlin-T
Berlin-T
Berlin-T

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:32 pm

http://www.csnne.com/boston-celtics/report-celtics-best-fit-trade-as-partner-for-dwight-howard

Report: Celtics best fit as a trade partner for Howard

February 12, 2016, 11:00 am

With the Houston Rockets officially shopping Dwight Howard, and apparently setting an exorbitant asking price, a lot of eyes are on the Celtics, whose interest in Howard, 30, has been reported for weeks.

Bobby Marks, the former Nets assistant GM who now writes for Yahoo Sports’ The Vertical, reports that the Celtics have the players and “treasure chest of draft picks” to get a deal done without touching their core.

Marks offers this hypothetical trade:

The Celtics send David Lee and his expiring contract, along with Jonas Jerebko, their own first-round pick, and the first-round pick they got from the Dallas Mavericks in the Rajon Rondo trade (top-7 protected) to the Rockets for Howard and Montrezl Harrell, the 6-8 rookie from Louisville.

More from Marks’ report:

For the Celtics, the addition of Howard could move them closer to the level of Cleveland and Toronto. Acquiring a player like Howard without moving any of their core pieces would make the Celtics a dangerous out come the spring. The Celtics also would not have to move the unprotected 2016 and 2018 Brooklyn Nets first-round picks or Memphis' future first-rounder.

This deal would not hurt the Celtics in the summer if Howard does decide to walk. Boston would have the same cap space if it would have kept Lee and Jerebko, just minus two first-round picks in the mid 20s.

Aside from Boston, there is a limited amount of teams in the Eastern Conference with the potential to do a deal.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next