cowens/oldschool
gyso
RosalieTCeltics
dboss
bobheckler
17 posters

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

A Public Health Announcement about Coronavirus - Page 8 Empty Re: A Public Health Announcement about Coronavirus

Post by worcester Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:24 pm

Scary but encouraging.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

A Public Health Announcement about Coronavirus - Page 8 Empty Re: A Public Health Announcement about Coronavirus

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:13 pm

My cardiologist has called me a couple of times, yesterday he was quite candid about how MGH is just loaded with patients, said he has never experienced anything like this is his career as a doctor.. They have take over the cardiac floors in the Ellison wing of the hospital, three floors. Everyone is given an IPad so that the nurses won't have to go in and out of rooms and then have to dispose of their gear. Language barriers is an issue also. Chelsea is just loaded with cases, and they just come over the bridge to MGH.

I will not get my surgery until all the Covid patients are gone I cannot fight off any infection, and God knows, I would be the first to get it!!!!

This is a sad situation
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:18 pm

Not so encouraging.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by JerzeyCfan Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:52 pm

I will be praying for you Rosalie! My best!!!!!!
JerzeyCfan
JerzeyCfan

Back to top Go down

Post by JerzeyCfan Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:05 pm

I wanted to give everyone a heads up! My wife tested positive for Covid 19. I know my daughter had it too! I am told I need to be tested. I will let you know my results. I know the doctor saved her life. She had given up! She is very weak!
JerzeyCfan
JerzeyCfan

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:23 pm

JerzeyCfan wrote:I wanted to give everyone a heads up!   My wife tested positive for Covid 19.  I know my daughter had it too!  I am told I need to be tested.  I will let you know my results.  I know the doctor saved her life.  She had given up!  She is very weak!

Praying for you and your family buddy. Heard other stories like this unfortunately, makes me hate the Chinese government and Trump and his pathetic response or should I say non response

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by JerzeyCfan Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:34 pm

I just spoke to the Doctor. He said he has been having a lot of success with lyposomal or ester C in that order, 1000mg especially older patients, He told me I need to take it too!. He also said 100 mg of Zinc is working well for 5 days on and 2 days off for body rest. Since my wife is not on a heart monitor the Ivermectin and Azithromycin will be stopped on Sunday and then on Tuesday start the Hydroxychloroquine.

Thank you Cowens/old school
JerzeyCfan
JerzeyCfan

Back to top Go down

Post by JerzeyCfan Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:04 am

I wanted to give all a heads up on testing:

My wife was tested on Saturday at Kean University. It was the test that goes through your nose and my wife said down to her feet. It was not pleasant. You had to keep your windows up and could barely talk to them. They had about 10 stations you had to drive from one to another. The National Guard was present. Your cars windows are marked with initials and symbols at different stations. I think it was a soap type marking because after the first rain it was gone. My wife did not like coming home with all those markings.

My wife did test positive but the doctor warned us he has been getting a lot of false negatives with this test and although he was treating her for Covid 19 there is a possibility she would get negative results.

Finally, Rutgers University just came out with a test where you can spit in a cup. I hope other areas of the country have this type of test too! Way more pleasant!!!

Bill
JerzeyCfan
JerzeyCfan

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:08 am

Sorry to hear that her test was positive. Is she getting along okay or bedridden?  Ugh, that description of the test makes me sick just thinking about it. With my luck, I would be the false positive, my blood is so messed up. I have tested positive for Lime disease, syphillis (that is a story and a half!) Imagine being 19 and sitting in your doctors office with your MOTHER when the doctor said this one!!!! I was sitting there laughing and he was smirking, as he knew it was a false positive.
I come up with crazy issues that end up being false. I have Lupus and it has affected so many different things in my system.  That is why I said I would be the one testing positive and having it turn out false.

I hope she is getting her rest and the meds are kicking in and helping her. This is one ugly disease
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:32 am

Rosalie, I had no idea you had lupus. I've had very good results with lupus patients simply by addressing their intestinal flora. Too much of one bacteria and too little of another  - lactobacillus - really determines the continuance of lupus, and restoring a proper gut biome prompts pretty rapid recovery.

The probiotics are cheap and harmless. You can take them with any Rx medication.
Consider this approach.

"We used a mixture of 5 Lactobacillus strains (Lactobacillus oris, Lactobacillus rhamnosus, Lactobacillus reuteri, Lactobacillus johnsonii, and Lactobacillus gasseri), but L. reuteri and an uncultured Lactobacillus sp. accounted for most of the observed effects."

https://microbiomejournal.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s40168-017-0300-8
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by JerzeyCfan Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:19 am

Hi Rosalie,

I have been thinking about you! I hope your doing well! I have been posting this information to hopefully help someone in this war! I am so happy worcester might have information that could help you. He certainly helped me when he posted information about Fulvic and Humic Acid. I am almost clear of allergies that have bothered me for 20 years. Also, I am symptom free of this deadly virus so far. Finally, I can sleep on my left side without my nose filling up with fluid. This certainly has helped me with my sleep!

Stay strong!
JerzeyCfan
JerzeyCfan

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:29 am

Rosalie, Fulvic and humic acid also help restore the gut biome. I also use humic every day (fulvic is a component of humic), and I take 6 drops in a six ounce glass of water twice a day. If you have lupus then you are probably already on Paquenil which means you may be resistant to Covid-19. That's a big question right now. Does HCQ prevent Covid-19 from progressing into disease once exposed?
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:47 am

worcester wrote:Rosalie, Fulvic and humic acid also help restore the gut biome. I also use humic every day (fulvic is a component of humic), and I take 6 drops in a six ounce glass of water twice a day. If you have lupus then you are probably already on Paquenil which means you may be resistant to Covid-19. That's a big question right now. Does HCQ prevent Covid-19 from progressing into disease once exposed?

Worcester,

Can you provide a link, or direction, to acquiring fulvic that is in the proper concentration for what you are suggesting?  Where/how does one get it?

Btw, for those who don't know this, Worcester and I did a route of the El Camino de Santiago in 2016.  Almost 160 miles of walking in 13 days with 9 kg backpacks.  He was no spring chicken then but did the journey.  He scuba dives almost every weekend, weather permitting.  I'm not going to give his age, that's his privilege, but I will say he is one of the healthiest nonagenarians I've ever known (just kidding, Worcester).  Seriously though, he is hearty and hale. People with serious pre-existing conditions should always be cautious about adding to their regimen.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:10 am

Bob,

W's age shows up right below his avatar. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:20 am

Yes it does! Gyso gets the Sherlock Holmes Award for 2020!
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:21 pm

I'd like to point out that Bob is the walking-est guy I've ever met. He must have been a great point guard. He is indefatigable and just scoots, scoots, and scoots through an 18 mile walk as if he were merely on a walk around the block. Maybe it's the Trader Joe's trail mix he munches en route. Anyways, we had one helluva hike from Portugal to Spain together.

Regarding fulvic acid, fulvic is just one molecule in the humic acid chain. It is very good at clearing heavy metals from the body, and here is a good source - https://tennantproducts.com/pages/fulvic-400x

However the best humic acid comes from a soft coal mine in Kentucky. There is a company in New Mexico which also sells decent humic acid, but the Kentucky source is better and has a more complete set of molecules. Both are free from heavy metals and other contaminants, but my preference is the Kentucky source. Here's the story behind it. There are two Drs. Alexander Shulgin. One was a chemist in San Francisco who formulated much of the LSD that fueled Haight Ashbury's 1967 Summer of Love. The other, Alexander Ivanovich Shulgin, was head of the Soviet Union's toxic waste cleanup efforts, including Chernobyl, until that empire collapsed. Then he migrated to Louisville, Kentucky where he became a research professor at the University of Louisville:

http://www.organocat.com/staff/alexander-ivanovich-shulgin-phd-vice-president-of-research-development-chief-scientist/

He came to understand the tremendous benefits of humic acid and recognized that there were only a very few non-contaminated sources of it available, one in Kentucky, which is 109 million year old decomposed carbonaceous vegetable matter. I met him 12 years ago when he gave me a private two day course on the biochemistry and health benefits of humic acid and how it works when applied externally on musculo-skeletal injuries. He also gave me a five gallon bucket of this ancient black gold. He then started a company to package and sell it under the name Primal Sport Mud.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/PrimalSportMud/events/?ref=page_internal

The University of Louisville basketball team started using it regularly. I assume Terry Rozier knew about it.I have pages of testimonials from super athletes about its efficacy.

When the Covid-19 epidemic arose, my good friend Ron who introduced me to Alexander suggested we explore it as a preventative to stem the proliferation of the virus if one is infected. There is a great deal of literature that affirms humic acid prevents any virus from multiplying in vivo. Alexander sent me down a liter of Floris, a liquified version of humic acid which is what I take daily.  It was the only bottle he had left, and to make more he has to do 800 gallon runs which costs many thousands of dollars. Ron, Alexander, and I are considering starting a business to make, bottle, and sell it, although we have all been pinched this month financially by the lockdown. When it is available I will let you know.

In the interim, I have done the following, which would probably freak Alex right the hell out. I took a small bottle of Primal Sport Mud and diluted it 20 to one in distilled water. (By the way, you should NEVER take humic acid with chlorinated water. That creates unhealthy chlorine associated chemicals. ) Then I boiled it to clear the small amount of benzyl alcohol in its formulation (I don't know why Primal Sport Mud added that to its product). The ingredients in Primal Sport Mud are Polyelectrolyte-enhanced biopolymer (the mud), Sodium silicate, Benzyl alcohol, Salicylic acid, Glycerin and Sorbic acid. I have taken this liquid and suffered no ill effects, however Primal Sport Mud explicitly states - NOT FOR INTERNAL USE. If you want to try the crazy experiment I've tried, you can order it at www.primalsportmud.com

Or else you can try this New Mexico source - https://wellnessmama.com/61295/humic-acid-uses-benefits/
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:32 pm

worcester wrote:Yes it does! Gyso gets the Sherlock Holmes Award for 2020!

I'm more likely to get an award from this guy:

A Public Health Announcement about Coronavirus - Page 8 Captai10

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:44 pm

My problem(s) Worcester, go deeper than just Lupus. I have had 4 grand mal seizures in my life, the first 3 while I was still in my late 20's, the last was in 1985. After being on those seizure meds for so long and being seizure free, I started skipping pills, and before I knew it I had a double grand mal seizure. After going thru two doctors to get me back on track, I finally had to drop one doctor who handed me a piece of paper and told me to read it and let me know if I had any of the symptoms listed. I had given her all my problems at the time of the visit. After she just pushed me out of her office, I vowed to find a doctor who would listen to me. I found the doctor who had originally diagnosed my issues, I thought he had retired. He was wonderful, put me right back on what I was on and I have never had a seizure yet. Considering all my heart issues, blood issues, the lupus, fibromyalgia, and a few other things, I consider this a wonder.

It is difficult for me to do anything without going thru one of the five doctors that take care of me, some of whom are better than others. My primary care doctor is not a very personable doctor, but she will do for now. I love my cardiologist and my rheumotologist, both whom I have had for many years. My hemotologist has changed in the last year as Newton Wellesley hemotogy/oncology is now run by MGH. I had a wonderful caring hemotologist before, This new one is all business, but very good. Being on coumadin for a lifetime is something I wish would change as my body is not fond of that drug, but it is a necessity since I have had a few blood clots thru the years.

So..as you can see, I am a prisoner in my own body. Right now, waiting for the valve surgery, all I can do is take it easy and not put any pressure on myself. Stairs are a trip for me.

Enogh.............I have just given you a half a lifetime of issues, believe me there are more.
So.........I sit waiting for a replay of a game I have probably seen 10 times!!!!!

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:48 pm

Rosalie, just run the probiotic literature past your M.D. to get some feedback. I'd be surprised if he or she said it were contraindicated. But don't drink any Prime Sport Mud!
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:33 pm

By the way, I have completely reversed my viewpoint on colloidal silver. While it can be helpful for a very few days when taken internally to treat an infection, it does kill all bacteria, even healthy bacteria, and thus should be avoided...Also it can create a PERMANENT bluing of the skin and irises. There are safer, effective antimicrobials.

That said, it can be ok to use when treating an external cut or wound as it disinfec ts, but with so many topical antibacterials around, why bother?
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:30 am

New perspectives on addressing the Covid-19 epidemic from an esteemed Stanford epidemiologist:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/dr-john-ioannidis-on-the-race-for-real-data-on-the-coronavirus-pandemic/vi-BB12Tiov

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kn702geByg
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:05 pm

One can only imagine how many people would have died in absence of of social distancing and other preventative measures.

In only 91 days over 40,000 Americans have died.  

We need more testing.  Until that happens we will not have a clear handle on the rate of infection nor the actual percentage of deaths.

Testing large portions of the population will reveal how many people are likely to be infected.  And those that are asymptomatic will need to be put in quarantine because they are shedding the virus.

The data is speculative because it lacks hard numbers.  I am committed to precaution because I do not really know what my potential for exposure is.  

My feelings about this pandemic is that it is still unknown in many respects.  I have never know anyone who died from the flu but I know people that have died from Covid-19.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:34 pm

The concern I have read from both NY and Boston, is that people are dying at home from Cardiac arrest, or other issues, that are not being counted. These people could have had Covid 19 and that put the pressure on their heart to give out. Cuomo and Baker have said that the numbers could be higher once they get the determination if these people had the virus.

We went for a long ride yesterday, just riding not getting out of the car. Many people along the beaches that we drove by were walking two and three side by side, no masks. Just because you are out in the fresh air does not mean you are safe. If you are alone it is one thing, but there were so many, we were shocked. We drove by a take out that had picnic tables out and people sitting eating. Shame on the restaurant for putting them out there. I realize that these places are hurting for money, but......if things do not slow down, they will be hurting period because they will end up having to close

Touche to the Burger place (I have now idea where it is but it was on the front page) They got 10 million dollars from the government that they returned so smaller businesses could be helped. Don't see that happening much in this world. God bless them
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:26 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:Touche to the Burger place (I have now idea where it is but it was on the front page) They got 10 million dollars from the government that they returned so smaller businesses could be helped.   Don't see that happening much in this world. God bless them

Shake Shack.

One of the few fast food franchises without a drive-up window.

They returned the $10 million on combined reasons of public relations and confusion over the forgiveness vs repayment rules.

Incredible, but none of that $10 million can be lent out again in this first round of financing. If congress can quit arguing over releasing a second round of small business financing, the money Shake Shack returned can go out with that round.

Shake Shack is taking a beating. They've reported weekly operating losses of 1.5 million since the pandemic hit, so returning the 10 million couldn't have been an easy decision. They are also the restaurant chain considered to have the highest exposure to Covid-19, because all of their stores are in areas with high virus numbers.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:03 pm

I saw this yesterday . . .

A test of 200 people just outside Boston found that 32% had been exposed to the coronavirus, compared to an official rate of 2%

https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-test-200-chelsea-massachusetts-finds-32-percent-exposed-2020-4

A series of coronavirus tests carried out in Chelsea, Massachusetts, suggested than many more people have been exposed to the coronavirus than official figures show.

The project, carried out by Massachusetts General Hospital, took blood from 200 volunteers and tested it for antibodies produced after exposure. 32% had the antibodies.

The official positive rate for COVID-19 testing in Chelsea is 2%, though officials had already assumed the real figures are much higher.

The study is only a snapshot, and its findings are not necessarily applicable to the rest of the US, or even Massachusetts.

A snapshot test of people in a town just outside of Boston found that around one-third of them had been exposed to the coronavirus, even though none showed symptoms.

The results from Chelsea, Massachusetts, have led some experts to conclude that the coronavirus outbreak there, and potentially elsewhere, had touched many more people than first thought.

The study was carried out by medics from Massachusetts General Hospital, and was reported by the Boston Globe newspaper.

Chelsea is just outside Boston, and has one of the most severe outbreaks in the state.

The study asked 200 people to provide a drop of blood to be examined by a rapid testing kit, which delivered a result in 10 minutes. The Globe said that the tests are not FDA-approved, but are considered reliable by Massachusetts General.

Subjects were those who volunteered to do a test on April 14 and April 15 in Bellingham Square. The test excluded those who had already tested positive for the virus in a different way.

The test was not a large, controlled scientific study, and it isn't possible to confidently extrapolate to the rest of the US, or indeed even the wider Boston area.

However, it was enough to confirm the fears of local authorities, who renewed calls for people to follow social distancing rules.

64 of those tested — 32% — produced results that said they were carrying antibodies for the coronavirus, which are produced after exposure to it.

Around half of the 64 said they had experienced some symptoms which match COVID-19 in the past four weeks.

The 32% positive rate compares to an official infection figure of 2% in Chelsea, the Globe reported.

Thomas Ambrosino, the city manager in Chelsea, told the Globe: "We've long thought that the reported numbers are vastly under-counting what the actual infection is.. It's all the more reason for everyone to be practicing physical distancing."

My opinion: We need more testing before it is safe to come out and play.  Test for infection and test for antibodies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next