cowens/oldschool
gyso
RosalieTCeltics
dboss
bobheckler
17 posters

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

A Public Health Announcement about Coronavirus - Page 4 Empty Re: A Public Health Announcement about Coronavirus

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:50 pm

So glad your daughter is "maybe" on the upside a little. It has to be so hard for her and you all.

Paul McCartney, how cool was that??? Did you take the picture or was it one that news papers did? I have a friend who has been in love with the Beatles since they first came out. She saw them back in the 60's when they came to Boston and has never ever forgotten the experience.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

A Public Health Announcement about Coronavirus - Page 4 Empty Re: A Public Health Announcement about Coronavirus

Post by JerzeyCfan Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:56 pm

Hi Rosalie,

You are so bless in the area you live in where you can take a road trip to Maine and have lunch!

I have a friend who sent it to me. I also heard that a driver called out to Paul: Hey Sir Paul, what the hell are you doing in Metuchen?" Too funny. His new wife is from the next town over which I believe to be North Edison.

I hope all is well with you! We think my daughter is getting a little better!
JerzeyCfan
JerzeyCfan

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:19 pm

Rosalie, I took my kid sister to the Beatles concert at Suffolk Downs in 1965. Could Not Hear A Thing - so many girls were screaming their lungs out!

worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:27 pm

dboss wrote:Still allowing too many people gathering.  Should ban all gatherings.

Incremental steps are like band-aids.  Unemployment benefits should be extended to cover workers who have to stay home.  Thousands of drive through testing sites should be set up.  The Feds should put together a large list of Drs and healthcare workers who can be dispatched to the site of a major outbreak.

+1

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:02 pm

Here's Paul:

A Public Health Announcement about Coronavirus - Page 4 Sir_pa10

I just had to grab the photo.

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:56 am

regarding social distancing -

https://respiresante.com/9-questions-que-vous-vous-posez-probablement-sur-la-distanciation-sociale/
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by JerzeyCfan Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:24 am

Spoke to the doctor yesterday! My wife spoke to the doctor and was informed my daughters vitamin D was a little low! My wife told her she has not been out in the sun! My wife also said she read it was possible to get diagnosed for 63 and have 19! She confirmed that! She also eased our pain by saying they will be getting the test kits soon! Either her hands are tied or our doctors need to be tested for common sense along with the book learning! You cant make this up!
JerzeyCfan
JerzeyCfan

Back to top Go down

Post by JerzeyCfan Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:40 am

Have another friend who flew in from France last week. She has no restrictions including no quarantine
!
JerzeyCfan
JerzeyCfan

Back to top Go down

Post by JerzeyCfan Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:41 am

It actually was 2 days ago on Sunday!
JerzeyCfan
JerzeyCfan

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:26 pm

China just announced a 20-25% drop in almost every ECONOMIC metric (e.g. retail, capital goods, etc).   This is WAY beyond the 2-4% predicted by economists.

Get ready.  After the public health risk subsides many of the smaller businesses around our towns will be washed away or hanging on by a thread.  Patronize them if you can.  Buying from small businesses pays for a local little girl's dance lessons or a local little boy's Pop Warner uniform and not a non-local CEO's 2nd summer home.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:09 pm

bobheckler wrote:China just announced a 20-25% drop in almost every ECONOMIC metric (e.g. retail, capital goods, etc).   This is WAY beyond the 2-4% predicted by economists.

Get ready.  After the public health risk subsides many of the smaller businesses around our towns will be washed away or hanging on by a thread.  Patronize them if you can.  Buying from small businesses pays for a local little girl's dance lessons or a local little boy's Pop Warner uniform and not a non-local CEO's 2nd summer home.

bob

+1000

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:51 pm

My daughter and son have been preaching buying local for years. They practice what they preach, and we do also. We have a couple of local farm stands that may charge a little more but are excellent that we go to all the time. I think back to my Mom telling me about my Grandfather who ran a small variety store when she was young. He was a generous man who, during the war when people had no $$, would "put it in his little black book", when he died, that book just got put away, My Grandmother refused to collect anything owed. Life is so different now, but I feel we owe it to our local retailers to support them
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:18 am

The Australian anti-malarial drug cure I wrote about Monday has been confirmed by French researchers. Here is the story:

https://dailycaller.com/2020/03/18/hydroxychloroquine-coronavirus-covid19-cure-study/

VERY promising!
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:30 am

And then there is this - to assist breathing, lie patients on their stomach:

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=ru&sl=it&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.corriere.it%2Fcronache%2F20_marzo_19%2Fcoronavirus-luciano-gattinoni-medico-che-ha-scoperto-tecnica-pancia-giu-all-inizio-tutti-ne-ridevano-ora-piu-diffusa-4e589270-69c4-11ea-a8a1-df48c20e9d2e.shtml%3Fcmpid%3Dtbd_b9746714ho
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:35 pm

CA Governor Gavin Newsome just issued a state-wide "stay at home" order, all 40 million of us.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by JerzeyCfan Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:07 am

Very easy for athletes, politicians, and Hollywood to get tested! I don't have to say another word!

I hope everyone stays safe to all!
JerzeyCfan
JerzeyCfan

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:04 pm

JerzeyCfan wrote:Very easy for athletes, politicians, and Hollywood to get tested!  I don't have to say another word!

I hope everyone stays safe to all!

the dirty secret of US healthcare exposed for sure, with this.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:48 pm

Athletes like our very own Boston Celtics are 'super spreaders'  they travel all over the country and engage with fans at games, in hotels and at resturant.

All of them needed to be tested that came in contact with the Jazz.   People may want to consider that before labeling them negatively.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:23 pm

It has really been an eye opener for me, people are really mad that these guys got tested!!  They were exposed twice to a team with two players who eventually were the first to be diagnosed. Now there are players from the Lakers,, the 76ers, the Nets, who have all tested positive.  If these guys were allowed to go out and about like others,  how many people would be exposed.  Why shouldn’t they have been tested immediately??  Money is not the issue here, it is plain, common sense is the driving force.

This really makes me wonder where are we headed?
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by greenmtnboy Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:32 am

this is kinda off topic but we are being invaded here in southern vermont . the first cases in our small local hospital were new yorkers. we only have 35 beds. im begging you please stay home. please dont risk our lives. their is some serious backlash forming. i dont think it would be ok for me to dump a bunch of sick people in new york so dont do it to us. please make your friends and family stay there. im sorry for the rant but we are being put at risk.

greenmtnboy

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:02 am

RosalieTCeltics wrote:It has really been an eye opener for me, people are really mad that these guys got tested!!  They were exposed twice to a team with two players who eventually were the first to be diagnosed. Now there are players from the Lakers,, the 76ers, the Nets, who have all tested positive.  If these guys were allowed to go out and about like others,  how many people would be exposed.  Why shouldn’t they have been tested immediately??  Money is not the issue here, it is plain, common sense is the driving force.

This really makes me wonder where are we headed?

NBA players should all be in 14 day quarantine.

but there is no need to test them all, when sick people are reportedly not getting tested. Thats all I'm saying there. We all know we have the best healthcare system one can buy in the US. Just more proof in all this .
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:37 am

Actually anyone that wants to be tested should be tested. The inability of this country to provide testing on a massive scale is shameful. Asymptomatic spreaders are more dangerous than those that have been diagnosed in my opinion. They are infected but do not know that they are.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:18 am

greenmtnboy wrote:this is kinda off topic but we are being invaded here in southern vermont . the first cases in our small local hospital were new yorkers. we only have 35 beds. im begging you please stay home. please dont risk our lives. their is some serious backlash forming. i dont think it would be ok for me to dump a bunch of sick people in new york so dont do it to us. please make your friends and family stay there. im sorry for the rant but we are being put at risk.

Greenmtnboy,

I see you joined the board in 2012 but this is your first post.  It's a shame it had to be at this time.  Hope to hear more from you, on hoopier days and topics, in the future.

I live in California, so I'm not one of your concerns.  I would love to go somewhere else but am isolating myself here, what we call "Shelter in Place".  In other words, stay wherever you are, which is what you are asking.

Be well.  See you again on the other side, I hope.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:39 pm

I haven't left the house except to go to the hospital for blood work on Monday, that was my last person to person conversation with anyone. In a little while I will be talking to myself because my husband is going to get tired of listening to me. The kids are staying away, so.....here I sit.

It is one thing to stay home because you "Want to" it is another to stay home because you "have to"! This too shall pass I hope
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:58 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:I haven't left the house except to go to the hospital for blood work on Monday, that was my last person to person conversation with anyone. In a little while I will be talking to myself because my husband is going to get tired of listening to me. The kids are staying away, so.....here I sit.  

It is one thing to stay home because you "Want to" it is another to stay home because you "have to"! This too shall pass I hope

Rosalie,

I never drink alone, I am strictly a social drinker, but 4 days of isolation and 17 more to go made me throw a quarantine party last night.

Hang in there. At least you have your husband to talk to.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next