cowens/oldschool
gyso
RosalieTCeltics
dboss
bobheckler
17 posters

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

A Public Health Announcement about Coronavirus - Page 3 Empty Re: A Public Health Announcement about Coronavirus

Post by JerzeyCfan Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:38 pm

The only thing we have is HCov-NL63.. Human Coronavirus NL63. Her primary doctor did not do much in the beginning and was really checked by a PA. My wife thinks she should have gotten Tama-flu at that point. Sorry if spelling is incorrect. They told us to ride it out. We called the doctor again and spoke to a doctor. We said her condition was getting worse and we were taking her to emergency room. My wife said she could not believe all the tests she had but not the 19 test. After the emergency room we called the doctor again and told her my daughter was positive for 63. The doctor asked for all the test from the emergency room. She told us to come to her office right away! We told the doctor we did not want to get the office sick! She told us to come and she checked her out. She ordered more test on Friday and we are waiting for the results. Still have not tested for 19.
JerzeyCfan
JerzeyCfan

Back to top Go down

A Public Health Announcement about Coronavirus - Page 3 Empty Re: A Public Health Announcement about Coronavirus

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:41 pm

JerzeyCfan wrote:The only thing we have is HCov-NL63.. Human Coronavirus NL63.  Her primary doctor did not do much in the beginning and was really checked by a PA.  My wife thinks she should have gotten Tama-flu at that point.  Sorry if spelling is incorrect.  They told us to ride it out.  We called the doctor again and spoke to a doctor.  We said her condition was getting worse and we were taking her to emergency room.  My wife said she could not believe all the tests she had but not the 19 test.  After the emergency room we called the doctor again and told her my daughter was positive for 63.  The doctor asked for all the test from the emergency room.  She told us to come to her office right away!  We told the doctor we did not want to get the office sick!  She told us to come and she checked her out.  She ordered more test on Friday and we are waiting for the results.  Still have not tested for 19.

Praying for you and your daughter buddy....pissed

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by JerzeyCfan Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:13 pm

My daughter was sent home the 26 of Feb for not feeling well from High School. The next day she started a fever and has not stopped!
JerzeyCfan
JerzeyCfan

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:53 pm

Blows my mind that they have not tested her for 19.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by JerzeyCfan Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:59 pm

I wanted to let you know that we are only guessing but my daughter went to a Post Malone concert in Philly 2 weeks before she started to get sick where the 76ers play. There were somewhere around 20000 people we think there.

The one thing that really helped her when she was getting sicker and in the ER was two bags of IV! My daughter asked for more but that is all they would give.
JerzeyCfan
JerzeyCfan

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:53 pm

This is totally unbelievable.  Has the CDC been called in at all to help in her diagnosis. They where when I got a bacterial blood infection four years ago.  I hope and pray for you that you get all the right information so that she can get treated and get on the road to recovery.  Thank God she is young, they can fight things off and recouperate a lot easier than us old folks!

God bless her and I hope you all have some answers soon. There is nothing worse than waiting while you are feeling terrible.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:15 pm

I do think we need to be prepared for lockdown.  Wuhan did it when there were only 496 cases.  The rest of the world is following that model.   They knew the Virus was out of control.  

Stock up.  The lock down is the next step.   This could happen on a state by state basis.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by JerzeyCfan Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:05 am

Good morning Rosalie! I am pretty sure the CDC is overwhelmed at this point! From test kits to ventilators, I am sure they have a lot of concerns. Since she got the IV she has not gotten worse which I hope is a good sign. One of the board members sent a nice note to me to insist on the 19 test. I really appreciate his input!

My wife is a hospice nurse and she also said she was going to call the doctor and insist on that test! If she has 19 then they really dropped the ball on this one!
JerzeyCfan
JerzeyCfan

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:42 am

JerzeyCfan,

I hope the doctors figure this thing out. It is odd that she has "63" because her age doesn't fit into the typical age groups that this usually affects.

I had never heard of any of this, so I looked it up. This is what I found:

Article from 2010:

Understanding Human Coronavirus HCoV-NL63

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2918871/

Here's a bit. For the rest, use the link.

Abstract

Even though coronavirus infection of humans is not normally associated with severe diseases, the identification of the coronavirus responsible for the outbreak of severe acute respiratory syndrome showed that highly pathogenic coronaviruses can enter the human population. Shortly thereafter, in Holland in 2004, another novel human coronavirus (HCoV-NL63) was isolated from a seven-month old infant suffering from respiratory symptoms. This virus has subsequently been identified in various countries, indicating a worldwide distribution. HCoV-NL63 has been shown to infect mainly children and the immunocommpromised, who presented with either mild upper respiratory symptoms (cough, fever and rhinorrhoea) or more serious lower respiratory tract involvement such as bronchiolitis and croup, which was observed mainly in younger children.

In fact, HCoV-NL63 is the aetiological agent for up to 10% of all respiratory diseases. This review summarizes recent findings of human coronavirus HCoV-NL63 infections, including isolation and identification, phylogeny and taxonomy, genome structure and transcriptional regulation, transmission and pathogenesis, and detection and diagnosis.

Back to top Go down

Post by JerzeyCfan Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:23 am

Thank you gyso! Thank you for your time, it is much appreciated!
JerzeyCfan
JerzeyCfan

Back to top Go down

Post by JerzeyCfan Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:40 pm

I just heard on local TV in NJ that you can request getting tested by your local health dept. We will see how that works out tomorrow!
JerzeyCfan
JerzeyCfan

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:35 pm

The government needs to test persons that appear to be virus free.  A good size sampling may identify how many are carriers but not sick right now.  That would help to get a better handle on where this thing is heading.    Those that are asymptomatic can still pass the virus on.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:24 pm

dboss wrote:The government needs to test persons that appear to be virus free.  A good size sampling may identify how many are carriers but not sick right now.  That would help to get a better handle on where this thing is heading.    Those that are asymptomatic can still pass the virus on.

Dboss, if the China numbers are an indicator then this thing has a two - three month cycle. They've been on the downside of this for a couple weeks now in the Wuhan area.

so we'll probably see higher and higher numbers until at least the end of April if that holds here. of course we may not quarantine
50 Million people either.

School SHOULD all be closed and I see that Ohio and Illinois are closing all Restaurants and Bars now. All good news to slow the roll of this thing and allow our Medical system to not get overloaded all at once., IMO.

I think its' wise for us to figure that this thing gets worst until at least the end of April.

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:47 pm

Massachusetts Governor just closed all schools in Mass for at least 3 weeks. Also, no restaurant who serves over 25 people can be in operation. We are just a throw away from what Dboss said, a complete shutdown.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:02 pm

kdp59 wrote:
dboss wrote:The government needs to test persons that appear to be virus free.  A good size sampling may identify how many are carriers but not sick right now.  That would help to get a better handle on where this thing is heading.    Those that are asymptomatic can still pass the virus on.

Dboss, if the China numbers are an indicator then this thing has a  two - three month cycle.  They've been on the downside of this for a couple weeks now in the Wuhan area.

so we'll probably see higher and higher numbers until at least the end of April if that holds here. of course we may not quarantine
50 Million people either.

School SHOULD all be closed and I see that Ohio and Illinois are closing all Restaurants and Bars now. All good news to slow the roll of this thing and allow our Medical system to not get overloaded all at once., IMO.

I think its' wise for us to figure that this thing gets worst until at least the end of April.

China shut down everything. Right now we are working against a tidal wave of infection. A day late and a dollar short.

NYC is blowing up right now. There is no way to stop the spread unless they separate people.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by KyleCleric Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:04 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:Massachusetts Governor just closed all schools in Mass for at least 3 weeks. Also, no restaurant who serves over 25 people can be in operation. We are just a throw away from what Dboss said, a complete shutdown.

Wow.

3 weeks:
schools closed
Restaurants closed except for take out or delivery
No gatherings over 25 people

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:49 pm

Thank God, I went for a long ride today up to Maine to York Beach, smelled the ocean and stood in the sunshine for a while.  Had lunch at a little place and had a great day.
Who knows what tomorrow brings?  I have to go to the hospital for blood work, I hate the thought of going there! No coffee shop visit with friends.  UGH.  
I pray for all those with this virus, and I pray none of my family and friends, all of this board, has no problems either.

Keep the faith, the ball will bounce our way at the right time.  Keep safe everyone
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:17 pm

Pretty much the same in NY State. Although it's a county by county decision.

Our schools are closed and gatherings of more than 50 are being discouraged. The schools have already surveyed to see who has online access to continue lessons remotely. They're making arrangements to get equipment to those without. Schools who have kids from disadvantaged backgrounds are having to make arrangements to get food to families whose children depend on their school for one or more meals each day.

There really is no good answer on how to address this problem. At least not one that doesn't harm a lot of people while saving others from catching the virus.

One friend of mine owns a large party house. They've already had to cancel one big event for 900 people. A good amount of the food ordered will need to be given away since it will spoil. They're certainly losing revenue on a big scale since most of what they do involves 50 plus individuals. Another friend owns a local pub. they have to turn away anyone tipping the guest number over 50. That's not enough to make needed numbers, but if he closes several servers who depend on tips lose their income. This will prove to be a bad time to have recently opened any new business that depends on foot traffic for sales.

In theory, we're keeping hospitals from being overcrowded by lengthening the duration of the pandemic, but that will have other negative consequences to big sectors of the economy. The very definition of a no-win situation.

In contrast, China's economy is picking back up after first being noticeably hit by the virus in December. They went the other route by not shutting down quickly enough. Hopefully we don't lose as many as they did.

Our resilience is being tested, perhaps more than ever in modern times. Without sounding sappy about it, if we look after one another, and do what we can for others who are suffering from illness or the other side effects of this global outbreak, we'll be OK. Recovery, from illness or otherwise, is going to take a lot of time and patience.

EDIT; While I was writing this, over about 45 minutes with several of the usual interruptions of daily life, Rosalie said it better. I'm with her. Amen.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:40 pm

Last night San Mateo County ordered no assemblies of 50+ people, places of worship included.

Assemblies of 10-50 are allowed only if there are at least 6' between customers.  Starbucks and Peets are open for take out only.  All but the tiniest of mom-and-pop restaurants (seating 9 or less) are closed (yes, that includes Ozumas).

I cannot wait for some bonehead to challenge this as a violation of their First Amendment right to assemble.

I was listening to something today that said that we are 50 days behind China.  So, where we are now is where they were on January 25th.  Except that we have no masks and the CDC is saying that wearing a mask isn't necessary unless you are symptomatic, but how would you know if it's still incubating?  You're still contagious.

Take care everyone.  My suggestion is if you have a mask, wear it.  That protects in both directions.  You don't want it even if it is just a nasty flu-like response, and you don't want to give it to someone who might pass it along to someone at risk.

Think we'll learn from this?  I don't.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by JerzeyCfan Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:32 am

RosalieTCeltics wrote:Thank God, I went for a long ride today up to Maine to York Beach, smelled the ocean and stood in the sunshine for a while.  Had lunch at a little place and had a great day.
Who knows what tomorrow brings?  I have to go to the hospital for blood work, I hate the thought of going there! No coffee shop visit with friends.  UGH.  
I pray for all those with this virus, and I pray none of my family and friends, all of this board, has no problems either.

Keep the faith, the ball will bounce our way at the right time.  Keep safe everyone

Sounds like a beautiful day!  You described it well!

My daughter said she was feeling a little better today!  We are keeping our fingers crossed!

On a side not and  about a week ago guess who was visiting a town very close to where we live?  How cool is that!
Attachments
A Public Health Announcement about Coronavirus - Page 3 Attachment
IMG_7191 (1).jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(112 Kb) Downloaded 10 times
JerzeyCfan
JerzeyCfan

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:35 am

Funny, BobH.  But you have to thing about that.  Trust me, there will actually be 2 boneheads...the one filing the suit and the attorney who retains the case!  Hopefully Judge Judy will toss it under the stupidity/frivolous lawsuit clause.  

db

Last edited by dbrown4 on Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:51 pm

Jerzey,

Happy to hear your daughter may be on the mend. I hope her recovery continues and quickens.

Sir Paul at a bake shop? Very cool!

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:04 pm

Three items -

1. Here's a report on the WHO's findings about Covid-19 in China. I'm not fond of the source - Redditt - but I think it sounds truthful.

https://www.reddit.com/r/China_Flu/comments/fbt49e/the_who_sent_25_international_experts_to_china/utm_source=share&utm_medium=mweb&_branch_match_id=652116024346278113

2. The Daily Mail, another unreputable source, says Australian researchers are very confident there are two existing drugs which work wonders against covid-19:

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/health-problems/coronavirus-australia-queensland-researchers-find-cure-want-drug-trial/news-story/93e7656da0cff4fc4d2c5e51706accb5

3. And now, from the perhaps least reputable source - me - is this recommendation:
Besides avoiding crowds and frequent handwashing, I recommend taking these three
supplements daily to prevent viral replication -
a. humic acid - 6 drops in 6 ounces of non-chlorinated water 3 x day;
b.1000 mg. Vitamin C twice a day;
c. 1 tsp. of colloidal silver three times a day.

These three working together greatly inhibit replication of a wide range of viruses.
You may want to read the following links.

https://stillnessinthestorm.com/2019/05/humic-acid-benefits-heal-the-gut-stop-virus-replication-and-aid-detoxification/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5052648/

Humic acid inhibits HBV-induced autophagosome formation and induces apoptosis in HBV-transfected Hep G2 cells
Hepatitis B Virus (HBV) utilizes several mechanisms to survive in the host cells and one of the main pathways being autophagosome formation. Humic acid (HA), one of the major components of Mineral pitch, is an Ayurvedic medicinal food, commonly used by the people of the Himalayan regions of Nepal and India for various body ailments.
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov

https://www.clinicaleducation.org/resources/reviews/review-of-humic-acid-may-2016/
Review of Humic Acid May 2016 | Clinical Education
Humic Acid. This is a review of the anti-viral properties of humic acid, an ancient soil-derived substance by Antony Haynes BA, RNT – prefer to listen? why not down load the podcast here.. In 1761Wallerius coined the term humin, referring to naturally-occurring, soil deposits of composted organic matter.
www.clinicaleducation.org

https://www.clinicaleducation.org/news/medical-aspects-and-applications-of-humic-substances-regarding-the-antiviral-activity-of-humic-substance/

https://www.ancient5.com/kb_results.asp?ID=12

http://www.greenercleaner.com/xms/wsite/grn/documents/fulvic/fulvic_and_humic_studies.pdf
Fulvic and Humic Studies - greener cleaner
Studies Conducted with Fulvic and Humic Acids. Humic sustances as refered to in these studies include Fulvic Acid and Humic Acids. (Please be aware that fulvic acid is a humic acid that is lighter in molecular weight and higher in
www.greenercleaner.com

KB Results - ancient5.com
AMID CONCERNS OF FLU PANDEMIC & SPREAD OF ANIMAL VIRUSES, “OLD AS DIRT” FOLK REMEDY EXHIBITS BROAD SPECTRUM ANTI-VIRAL ACTIVITY* WESTLAKE VILLAGE, California October 6, 2004 – This flu season, along with the usual concerns about shortages and lateness of flu shot doses, public health officials are worried about a possible influenza pandemic and a cross-over of animal viruses to humans.
www.ancient5.com

“Medical Aspects and Applications of Humic Substances” Regarding the Antiviral Activity of Humic Substance | Clinical Education
“Medical Aspects and Applications of Humic Substances” Regarding the Antiviral Activity of Humic Substance
www.clinicaleducation.org
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC492460/

Influence of Humic Substances on Bacterial and Viral Dynamics in Freshwaters
Bacterial and viral abundances were measured in 24 lakes with dissolved organic carbon (DOC) concentrations ranging from 3 to 19 mg of C liter −1.In addition, a laboratory experiment was performed to test the effects of different sources of carbon (i.e., glucose and fulvic acids) and nutrients on the dynamics of viruses and bacteria.
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0928493115306123

Humic acids: Structural properties and multiple functionalities for novel technological developments - ScienceDirect
Maria Helena A Santana B.S. in Industrial Chemistry at University of Sergipe (1972). B.S. in Chemical Engineering from the University of Maringa (1976). Master's in the Science and Technology of Food at the University of Campinas (1980).
www.sciencedirect.com
https://zeonatural.com/fulvic-humic-acid-prevent-viral-infection/

Fulvic / Humic Acid Helps Prevent Viral Infection - Zeo Natural
It is well known that fulvic / humic acid inhibits viruses but it’s always good to have the knowledge of how this occurs. The following article from scientists at a German University is very informative.
zeonatural.com
https://www.brainbodybliss.com/product-recommendations/virxal-3/ (Steve Rosenblatt's wife)

HUMIC/FULVIC (formerly ViRxal) | Brain Body Bliss
Humic Fulvic Complex This Humic Acid Complex helps prevent viral replication in the body and helps mitigate symptoms associated with active viral infections. It functions as a broad spectrum antiv…
www.brainbodybliss.com
https://www.fulvicnews.win/hiv-study.html

HIV Study - FULVIC NEWS
Incurable HIV or Aids virus is destroyed by humic extracts, epidemic now has over 33 million people infected According to the Joint United Nations Program on HIV/AIDS, the epidemic currently infects over 33.4 million people worldwide.
www.fulvicnews.win
https://endsickness.org/the-real-story-about-humic-acid/

The Real Story about Humic Acid | EndSickness.org
THE REAL STORY ABOUT HUMIC ACID. Humic acid is potentially a miracle substance for the agricultural industry. It can decontaminate soil, chelate toxic metals, restore beneficial bacteria, kill pathogens, stabilize PH and more.
endsickness.org
This protocol makes a good deal of sense to me:
https://beforeitsnews.com/conspiracy-theories/2020/02/protocol-against-coronavirus-2516304.html
PROTOCOL AGAINST CORONAVIRUS! | Conspiracy Theories | Before It's News
Before It’s News® is a community of individuals who report on what’s going on around them, from all around the world. Anyone can join. Anyone can contribute. Anyone can become informed about their world. "United We Stand" Click Here To Create Your Personal Citizen Journalist Account Today, Be Sure To Invite Your Friends.
beforeitsnews.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQRpSX_4NTc

Corona Virus! We Are Not Helpless!
First thing you must do if you feel you are getting sick is to call your doctor. Remember, vitamin c does not kill viruses but inhibits replication. NO claims or promises are made herein to treat or cure any illness. The following protocols are straight from naturopathy. The only substance in these protocols that may be taken on empty stomach ...
www.youtube.com
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:54 pm

Still allowing too many people gathering.  Should ban all gatherings.

Incremental steps are like band-aids.  Unemployment benefits should be extended to cover workers who have to stay home.  Thousands of drive through testing sites should be set up.  The Feds should put together a large list of Drs and healthcare workers who can be dispatched to the site of a major outbreak.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:01 pm

Worcester thanks for sharing.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next