22 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Kevin Durant - Page 7 Empty Re: Kevin Durant

Post by bobheckler Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:02 am

NBA Execs Sound off on Jaylen Brown, Proposed Celtics Blockbuster Trade

By Steve Bulpett
Updated Aug 12, 2022 at 11:08am

Until such time as Kevin Durant is traded or he and the Nets broker an uneasy peace, there is one blaring reason the Celtics are destined to remain a part of the public discourse.

“Jaylen Brown is the single best player we’ve heard tied to this thing, so Brooklyn has to keep that alive,” one league executive told Heavy Sports. “I still don’t know how real that is, and, trust me, we’ve been trying to find out for our own sake.

“There may be nothing there at all, or maybe there’s something if Brooklyn gets back to reality with what they’re asking for. But unless they can find another deal for Durant or they work things out with him, a team like Boston is stuck in this — the rumors and the whispers around the league at least — because they’ve got really good players.

“I’m sure Brad (Stevens, president of basketball operations) has talked to Brown and they’re all cool, but that doesn’t mean this isn’t going to be uncomfortable.”

A ranking exec from another club very interested in this process continues to believe the KD-Nets matter could take weeks or even months to be resolved.

“Unless something comes out of nowhere that we haven’t heard or expected, we could be waiting this out,” he said. “I think all of us would just like this over one way or another, but that’s going to depend on the (Nets’) owner.

“The difference between this situation and almost everything else is that we’re talking about Kevin f***ing Durant. With just about everything else, you hear what Brooklyn wants and you walk away. But because it’s KD, you kind of have to stay at the table and see how things play out — see if Brooklyn changes what they want or what they’ll accept.”

NBA Exec: Brown Is ‘All-in on Boston’

As regards Brown, the question has been floated publicly and around the league as to his feelings on a future with the Celtics beyond the two years remaining on the extension he signed in 2019.

“I think Jaylen IS long term,” this latter source told Heavy. “If they want him long term and they’re going to pay him the contract he deserves, I think he’s all-in on Boston. From everything I’ve been told, Jaylen’s a loyal guy. I know frustration can happen when things aren’t going well, and I think we saw some of that earlier in this past season.

“But when you take a step back and look at things, I think he wants to be there. And any problems that could ever happen with that relationship would probably have to come from him getting the idea that they’re not in on him. And right now I don’t see that from the Celtics. I think they know what they have in Jaylen — now and for the future — and they want to keep that going.

“But, like I said, it’s Kevin f***ing Durant, and you know Brooklyn is going to want to talk about Jaylen. Even if stuff about trade talks wasn’t getting leaked and reported, anyone with a brain would know that Jaylen’s name is going to come up at some point if they’re talking to Boston.”

Scout: Jaylen Brown Is ‘Upper Echelon’

The opinion of Brown around the NBA is impressive — not just for what he is now, but for what the league’s evaluators expect. Echoing a common view, one scout said, “He’s GOT to fix his handle, and maybe that’s just about making better decisions in traffic. But he’s, what, 25? Look at how much he’s improved. He’s definitely not one of those guys who plateaus, who reaches a certain point and gets all satisfied.”

A prominent Eastern Conference exec amplified that point and brought Brown’s wing-mate Jayson Tatum into the picture.

“I’m not sure he’s in that top group with Giannis and KD and those people,” he said of Brown, “but he’s certainly in the upper echelon of players in this league. And the thing about Jaylen is that he’s still getting better.

“He’s high level at both ends of the court, which is something you really look at with a guy who can score, because not all people who can put up numbers are as invested as he is on the defensive end. And Boston’s been successful with him, with both those guys. Tatum and Brown have been the top guys on a team that’s competing for a championship.

“I used to laugh when I heard people suggesting they should break them up. For what? I mean, there’s very few players who are untradeable, but it would take a lot — I mean, a lot — for me to break that up. Now, if you’re talking about someone like Kevin Durant, then that’s a discussion you at least have to have within your team. I’m not saying you end up doing it, but you’re not doing your job if you don’t have that conversation internally.”

Bob
MY NOTE:  I would be fall-down shocked if Brad hasn't had more than one conversation with Jaylen about this.  Brad is very much of a collaborative type of guy, he's a "people person".  I think this article sums it up pretty damn well.  KD is f'ing KD, so you have to at least take the phone call and think about it.  And Jaylen Brown is a one-time All-Star who still has, what, 8 more excellent years ahead of him before there'd be any expectation of decline?  And Jaylen has gotten better every year (and he does have to improve his handle).

And I wouldn't break up the Js either, certainly not for a 34 year old. He was healthy last year and still only played 55 games. We were two wins away from #18 last year, and we gave it away because of our Championship inexperience. We have that experience now and the Js are still young enough to improve.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:58 am

I am SO done with this KD trade talk. Brad, just tell the Nets your final offer is "Luke Kornet for KD, take it or leave it," and then be done with it. Walk away.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:38 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:
Ktron wrote:
cowens/oldschool wrote:Kitron feel free to go against my posts or whatever you see fit or want, that’s all you do in the most annoying ways anyways, it’s like he said she said over and over. You said something along the line of a quote because someone likes it, so they ran with it, but they have no source. Now we need sources to express our opinions on topics on a writers information? I know I don’t know everything and have strong opinions, but your writing style assumes way too much and plays too many things both ways. The writer is tapped in too and actually is around the team during the season and gets paid for covering the team, he’s actually a professional, not a blabber mouth like you or me. Must be impossible to ever meet friends or family of the players during an 82 game season year after year, that would never happen…..

Cowens, You really appear to have a problem comprehending at times so If you're going to come for me at least read the posts “thoroughly” before you come to a summation. Also, If I annoy you stop reading my posts. (Including the rest of this one) There is plenty here on this forum for you to digest.  

My point was that it appears that when a reporter or influencer puts out a piece that one either doesn’t agree with or just gets pissed off over the content of  the report because  its “Their team or their favorite player” they tend to discredit that report saying its BS or the reporter is stupid and dont know what the hell they're talking about.
The particular post that you're referring to is DBoss in my opinion discrediting Perk for his OPINION on Brown and Tatum and then turn around and reference
and accept as fact a reporters story that spoke of Brown liking Boston. The reporter stated that he heard it from a SOURCE.
My point was that Perk was expressing his OPINION which Dboss discredited  but at the same time referenced and appeared to support and accept as being factual a story that actually was a “He say She say story by a writer who said he was told this about Brown but it wasn’t Brown who told him. Anyone can say anything about anybody that is why I asked for a source. I never said one needed a source to express an opinion. You seem to still have an issue when trying to discern fact and opinion.
I also never said that writers are not tapped in. Cowens please read and process what’s written thoroughly.

Bro there you go again rehashing all this going in so many too many directions. I got it the first time, I covered it in 1 or 2 sentences, then you have to rehash for 3 paragraphs….enough already!!!! Less is more okay???…???

Cowens, Ok, I give up. You win. I’m breaking out the Velvet Hammer just for you. But before I dismiss you for good, I’m going to recommend you read the book, “The Responsive Chord” by Tony Swartz.  Its somewhat dated so hopefully you should not have any problem comprehending it’s content. Hope it helps.  I’m done dude. Cya

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:05 pm

Ktron wrote:
dboss wrote:
Ktron wrote:In reference to the KD, JB, KI, Nash, Marks or whomever else involved, Personally IDGAF who wins here.
However, I do find it amusing that most people side with owners and management over players.
Without players there is no NBA, huge TV contracts and oversized toys for billionaire owners to reap profits off the skills and talent of these gifted individuals.
People want to get mad at the players for exercising the little power they have to occasionally (How many we talkin’ bout here 4-5 maybe) make decisions for themselves and request to work elsewhere.
Players have to make the request to move elsewhere. Fat, rich billionaires owners don’t. They just decide to send your ass packing and thats the end of it.
No fan backlash unless its your favorite player.
But heaven forbid if a player flex’s ands says I want elsewhere.
Fans want to crucify them. “Them” being the product. “Them” is who you go see not Wyc. And “them” who help fatten the pockets of the TV networks and billionaire owners. Errrbody wants to get mad at “Them”. Can’t wait for the next CBA to see how much power the powerful are going to attempt to take away form “Them” cash cows.
Have fun rooting for the owners and not watching NBA Basketball for awhile.
All because of “Them” Right??
Sad yet hilarious….

ktron

I agree with some of what you say here.  It is a small number of players that demand to be traded.  It is not a common occurrence.

The NBA is a star driven league and as such the stars have a lot of influence on their respective teams and it can impact the league especially if a precedent setting situation pops up.

I do not agree that most people side with the owners.  I see no evidence of that.  I think that when fans have a team that they support, it goes all the way up to the owners.  

The Kevin Durant situation is unique because he choose to go to the Nets and resigned a contract of almost $50 million dollar per year for 4 years.  Him and Kyrie did not like Kenny Atkinson so he was replaced with Nash and they signed off on that.  He wanted Deandre Jordan so they added him.  He wanted James Harden so the Nets parted with assets to make that happen.  It seems to me that the Nets have accommodated Durant the way that you would expect them to.

Along the way something went awry.  Kyrie Irving did not get a new deal and he will be a free agent after this season.  Durant went to the Nets to play with Kyrie.  So Durant wants out now knowing that KI will be gone in a year.  It is a preemptive move.  

Nets management including the owner decided not to offer Kyrie a fat new contract.  The reasons should be obvious to Durant.

I think all the BS about Durant wanting Nash and Marks fired is a red herring.  He knows damn well that the owner can not do that and maintain a necessary level of respect with the Nets and around the league.  In this instance, I side with Tsai, the owner.  

To me what is really said and hilarious is Durant's ongoing enablement of Kyrie Irving.

Dboss

I think all the BS about Durant wanting Nash and Marks fired is a red herring.  He knows damn well that the owner can not do that and maintain a necessary level of respect with the Nets and around the league

Why not ? They did it to Kenny Atkinson and everyone knew it.

The owners didn't do all of that solely to satisfy the players. They also stood to profit and fatten their bottom line.
All I’m saying is lets be fair.

For every misstep or selfishness you point out regarding players there are just as many instances of ownership screwing over players. I can point them out of you’d like but wtf for.

We really don't know all the details regarding KD, Kyrie and ownership. If KD is really crushing on Kiarrhea like some may think than yes. That is pure stupidity at this point.

I too am tired of talking about KD etc. I suggest we all mind our own Celtic business and hope that we snatch banner 18 this year. 19 next year. And on and on till we all enter into the long sleep….

ktron

just getting back to you on this.

I stand by my thoughts about this entire situation.

Owners are the ones that own player contracts.  Sure, Tsai could fire anyone that he wants to but it would set a bad precedence for the Nets.  Why?  Because Tsai as the owner of the team, the guy that is paying everybody, would look weak and vulnerable to the next jerk-off that makes demands outside of the scope of their authority.  If you or I was the owner of the team, would you let an employee publically tell you what to do for him to remain a part of your organization?  A player who already signed a long term contract which is a commitment to being a player on your team.  A player who made millions his first year while rehabbing.  

As I have already stated, nothing like this has ever happened before.

I think Nash deserves to coach another year although he probably was not ready when hired but I really do not think he should be blamed for all the turmoil on that team.

A year ago, the Nets lost a game 7 to the Bucks because of a big toe.  If they win that game they probably go on to beat the Hawks and head to the finals.  KI did not play in that series.  

This year the team got beat 4-0 by the Celtics.  Once again turmoil played a big part.  The Harden trade, the Covid restrictions on Kyrie the lack of team chemistry because there was not enough time to play together.  The top guy that always seems to be unhappy about something was not good enough to help you win one game.  Was that Nash's fault?

The bottom line for me is that I do not really care who gets fired or where KD ends up as long as he is not wearing Celtics green next season.  My points of contention are merely academic arguments.

With that said we can respectfully agree to disagree and put this MF'er out to pasture.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:54 pm

I really don’t know wtf KD’s problem is? They actually have a good team, a legit Big 3, 2 legit offensive beasts in him and Kyrie, a DPoY candidate every year in Simmons. Simmons can match up with the superstar types Lebron, Giannis, Tatum, etc so you don’t have to. Kyrie is still under 30, get him to buy in, be a leader, it’s your team. The rest of the role players are decent to good, nobody really wants you out there; too many GM’s and basketball people think your a flake that can just bail out again after they gut their team for you…..so just play ball in Brooklyn. Please do the right thing, you created this situation, don’t let it get uglier, just flip!n ball.

I seriously think their Big 3 can work, Simmons can do something like a Rodman/Draymond, get Kyrie to commit to 70-75 games, you will be better than last year.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:56 pm

True Cow. With the right psychologist on the team, the Nets could be an awesome force to be reckoned with.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:44 pm

dboss wrote:
Ktron wrote:
dboss wrote:
Ktron wrote:In reference to the KD, JB, KI, Nash, Marks or whomever else involved, Personally IDGAF who wins here.
However, I do find it amusing that most people side with owners and management over players.
Without players there is no NBA, huge TV contracts and oversized toys for billionaire owners to reap profits off the skills and talent of these gifted individuals.
People want to get mad at the players for exercising the little power they have to occasionally (How many we talkin’ bout here 4-5 maybe) make decisions for themselves and request to work elsewhere.
Players have to make the request to move elsewhere. Fat, rich billionaires owners don’t. They just decide to send your ass packing and thats the end of it.
No fan backlash unless its your favorite player.
But heaven forbid if a player flex’s ands says I want elsewhere.
Fans want to crucify them. “Them” being the product. “Them” is who you go see not Wyc. And “them” who help fatten the pockets of the TV networks and billionaire owners. Errrbody wants to get mad at “Them”. Can’t wait for the next CBA to see how much power the powerful are going to attempt to take away form “Them” cash cows.
Have fun rooting for the owners and not watching NBA Basketball for awhile.
All because of “Them” Right??
Sad yet hilarious….

ktron

I agree with some of what you say here.  It is a small number of players that demand to be traded.  It is not a common occurrence.

The NBA is a star driven league and as such the stars have a lot of influence on their respective teams and it can impact the league especially if a precedent setting situation pops up.

I do not agree that most people side with the owners.  I see no evidence of that.  I think that when fans have a team that they support, it goes all the way up to the owners.  

The Kevin Durant situation is unique because he choose to go to the Nets and resigned a contract of almost $50 million dollar per year for 4 years.  Him and Kyrie did not like Kenny Atkinson so he was replaced with Nash and they signed off on that.  He wanted Deandre Jordan so they added him.  He wanted James Harden so the Nets parted with assets to make that happen.  It seems to me that the Nets have accommodated Durant the way that you would expect them to.

Along the way something went awry.  Kyrie Irving did not get a new deal and he will be a free agent after this season.  Durant went to the Nets to play with Kyrie.  So Durant wants out now knowing that KI will be gone in a year.  It is a preemptive move.  

Nets management including the owner decided not to offer Kyrie a fat new contract.  The reasons should be obvious to Durant.

I think all the BS about Durant wanting Nash and Marks fired is a red herring.  He knows damn well that the owner can not do that and maintain a necessary level of respect with the Nets and around the league.  In this instance, I side with Tsai, the owner.  

To me what is really said and hilarious is Durant's ongoing enablement of Kyrie Irving.

Dboss

I think all the BS about Durant wanting Nash and Marks fired is a red herring.  He knows damn well that the owner can not do that and maintain a necessary level of respect with the Nets and around the league

Why not ? They did it to Kenny Atkinson and everyone knew it.

The owners didn't do all of that solely to satisfy the players. They also stood to profit and fatten their bottom line.
All I’m saying is lets be fair.

For every misstep or selfishness you point out regarding players there are just as many instances of ownership screwing over players. I can point them out of you’d like but wtf for.

We really don't know all the details regarding KD, Kyrie and ownership. If KD is really crushing on Kiarrhea like some may think than yes. That is pure stupidity at this point.

I too am tired of talking about KD etc. I suggest we all mind our own Celtic business and hope that we snatch banner 18 this year. 19 next year. And on and on till we all enter into the long sleep….

ktron

just getting back to you on this.

I stand by my thoughts about this entire situation.

Owners are the ones that own player contracts.  Sure, Tsai could fire anyone that he wants to but it would set a bad precedence for the Nets.  Why?  Because Tsai as the owner of the team, the guy that is paying everybody, would look weak and vulnerable to the next jerk-off that makes demands outside of the scope of their authority.  If you or I was the owner of the team, would you let an employee publically tell you what to do for him to remain a part of your organization?  A player who already signed a long term contract which is a commitment to being a player on your team.  A player who made millions his first year while rehabbing.  

As I have already stated, nothing like this has ever happened before.

I think Nash deserves to coach another year although he probably was not ready when hired but I really do not think he should be blamed for all the turmoil on that team.

A year ago, the Nets lost a game 7 to the Bucks because of a big toe.  If they win that game they probably go on to beat the Hawks and head to the finals.  KI did not play in that series.  

This year the team got beat 4-0 by the Celtics.  Once again turmoil played a big part.  The Harden trade, the Covid restrictions on Kyrie the lack of team chemistry because there was not enough time to play together.  The top guy that always seems to be unhappy about something was not good enough to help you win one game.  Was that Nash's fault?

The bottom line for me is that I do not really care who gets fired or where KD ends up as long as he is not wearing Celtics green next season.  My points of contention are merely academic arguments.

With that said we can respectfully agree to disagree and put this MF'er out to pasture.

Dboss, please allow me to expound on a couple of your points and then lets put this MFer out beyond the pasture.
Its nice that you’re caping for Steve Nash and feel he deserves another year. I agree that he should not be blamed for all the turmoil.
My feelings regarding Steve Nash is that he is not a good coach and needs to be an assistance somewhere before he gets another chance. Turmoil notwithstanding, Steve in my opinion, at this very moment in time is not close to being a good NBA head coach and shouldn't have been handed the job in the first place

On your point regarding the Nets game 7 against the Bucks. The Durant foot story is way overblown and I hope never to hear that excuse again. Why? (1) The game went into overtime so the Nets still had a chance to win that series. (2) to be fair, if we are going to single out that one play with the foot then we also need to go back and look at every missed Net free throw, every bunny missed, every bad foul call and every turnover that the Nets and/or Bucks committed. We cannot single out that play with Durants foot and ignore everything else that took place in the 53 minutes played. Again, The Nets still could’ve won that game in overtime but did not.

The 4-0 sweep was the result of the Celtics being the better team. Durant played poorly, that was not Nash’s fault but just as KD’s poor play contributed to the losses, Coach Nash’s rotations and poor decision making contributed to his team getting swept as well.

I won’t bother to further discuss the Durant contract, his unhappiness, the $ involved and ownership vs. player in all of this. Ive made my points concerning that and so have you and we agree to disagree.
Thanks for your response. Now, we can put this MFer out to pasture.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:38 pm

As always, a most cogent analysis, Ktron.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:26 pm

Ktron

I mentioned the 7 game series with the Bucks to simply point out that the Nets were right there.  

I could see them being a very good team if Durant stays and plays and Simmons is really ready to play.

Nash probably will be gone early if they  do not hit the ground running.

KI and KD do not respect him.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:31 pm

dboss wrote:Ktron

I mentioned the 7 game series with the Bucks to simply point out that the Nets were right there.  

I could see them being a very good team if Durant stays and plays and Simmons is really ready to play.

I agree. If those 2 stay and Simmons gets off his ass. They could be a problem.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:37 pm

Ktron wrote:

And if Joe Harris and Seth Curry are healthy and shooting well, and TJ Warren returns to form and Royce O’Neale plays well……….lots of ifs though many are tenuous. The potential to be scary good is there though.

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:32 am

bobc33 wrote:
Ktron wrote:

And if Joe Harris and Seth Curry are healthy and shooting well, and TJ Warren returns to form and Royce O’Neale plays well……….lots of ifs though many are tenuous.  The potential to be scary good is there though.  

I also like young Nic Claxton, needs to improve his FT’s and develop semblance of a jumper, but very mobile defender with length, a poor mans RWill. Shame what happened to Nets, they actually had a talented young team that played well together in Harris, Lavert and Dinwiddie. I liked watching them, I thought it was a mistake going for Harden, they gave up too much, had good young depth before that move.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:08 pm

On paper they have a lot of talent but I think their big man depth remains a position of need.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:13 am

https://us.yahoo.com/sports/kevin-durant-rumors-report-suggests-131500152.html

Kevin Durant rumors: Report suggests trade to Celtics isn't close

Darren Hartwell
Wed, August 17, 2022 at 6:15 AM

The Boston Celtics begin their regular season two months from now on Oct. 18. Will Kevin Durant be on their roster?

We've heard consistent chatter about the possibility of Durant coming to Boston since a late-July report that the Celtics offered Jaylen Brown, Derrick White and a draft pick to the Brooklyn Nets in return for KD. The Nets reportedly rejected that offer, seeking Brown and Marcus Smart in any deal for their superstar forward.

What progress has been made since those discussions? Not much, according to The Boston Globe's Adam Himmelsbach.

Nets' reported opening offer to Celtics for Durant was comical
"League sources continue to insist that the Celtics are not close to a deal that would bring Kevin Durant to Boston, and that there have not even been any real discussions of substance," Himmelsbach wrote Tuesday.

Durant reportedly has tried to force Brooklyn's hand by demanding that team owner Joe Tsai either trade him or fire general manager Sean Marks and head coach Steve Nash. The Nets don't appear to be budging, however, showing no urgency to find a trade for a player who has four years remaining on his contract with no opt-outs.

The Celtics also don't have a pressing need to trade for Durant; they're the current betting favorite to win the 2023 NBA title after adding Malcolm Brogdon and Danilo Gallinari to a core that reached Game 6 of the NBA Finals last season.

A Durant-to-Boston trade shouldn't be totally dismissed. The Celtics can put together the strongest trade package for the 12-time All-Star, and The Athletic's Sam Amick reported Tuesday that a Brown-centered deal for KD is considered the "unofficial front-runner" among NBA executives. If Brooklyn feels it must trade Durant, then Boston would be its most appealing trade partner.

The Celtics and Nets could decide to chat again between now and the start of training camp in late September. But as things stand now, both teams don't seem to feel much pressure to change their current situations.

Bob
MY NOTE:  Halle-f'ing-lujah!!

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by hawksnestbeach Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:37 pm

22:35:15
My 2 cents: Durant is tempting, but Brown is untouchable. I could see trading Horford and-or Smart, the reigning DPL, in some combination that works financially. Tatum, Brown and Durant would be a very big 3.hawk

hawksnestbeach

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:35 am

hawksnestbeach wrote:22:35:15
My 2 cents: Durant is tempting, but Brown is untouchable. I could see trading Horford and-or Smart, the reigning DPL, in some combination that works financially. Tatum, Brown and Durant would be a very big 3.hawk

Agreed I like that word untouchable, both J’s have the same weaknesses and same strengths, with Jaylen being the stronger more explosive player. It’s debatable who’s better and a great problem to have of 2 all stars both still reaching their prime. We just made it to the Finals, right now there is no wing I’d trade Jaylen for in the league.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:55 am

worcester wrote:True Cow. With the right psychologist on the team, the Nets could be an awesome force to be reckoned with.

"The right phychologist" for that team Jeff Bezos couldn't afford.
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:44 am

Perhaps if Bezos, Zuckerberg, and gates pooled their funds they could afford the right psychologist.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:11 pm

The season begins in 2 months.

My biggest fear is that the Nets will go back and ask if the Celtics deal is still available.  With all the rumors the only high end player mentioned has been Jaylen Brown.  

How come we have not heard anything about what other teams are offering?  When the news broke about KD wanting out, it was reported that at least half the teams inquired about what it would take to get a deal done.  

I am relatively certain that the Celtics camp did not leak details of their offer.  Yet we have heard little about other teams.  

The Celtics offer is probably the best deal that the Nets could get.  We have multiple first round picks to throw in the mix along with an allstar level player, plus.

In the end the Nets will gladly take Brown and White and some picks to move Durant.  The shiny object is blinding.  But not to me because I wear sunglasses.

The Celtics can easily end all the speculation by coming out and stating emphatically that they are not going to trade Jaylen.  So far they have not done that.  Their silence is deafening.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:51 pm

dboss wrote:The season begins in 2 months.

My biggest fear is that the Nets will go back and ask if the Celtics deal is still available.  With all the rumors the only high end player mentioned has been Jaylen Brown.  

How come we have not heard anything about what other teams are offering?  When the news broke about KD wanting out, it was reported that at least half the teams inquired about what it would take to get a deal done.  

I am relatively certain that the Celtics camp did not leak details of their offer.  Yet we have heard little about other teams.  

The Celtics offer is probably the best deal that the Nets could get.  We have multiple first round picks to throw in the mix along with an allstar level player, plus.

In the end the Nets will gladly take Brown and White and some picks to move Durant.  The shiny object is blinding.  But not to me because I wear sunglasses.

The Celtics can easily end all the speculation by coming out and stating emphatically that they are not going to trade Jaylen.  So far they have not done that.  Their silence is deafening.

The C’s are not going to publicly come out and state that they are not trading Brown nor should they.
I’m pretty confident that they’ve had conversations with Brown’s people and thats really all they should do.
A team coming out publicly stating emphatically that this player will not be traded lacks prudence.
There IS someone out there in the NBA universe thats worth trading Brown, Tatum or Smart as well for depending on the parameters and who.
The team can’t paint themselves in a corner like that by going public with a proclamation that Brown will not be traded.
Their people speak to each other and thats going to have to be good enough.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:13 pm

Ktron wrote:

The C’s are not going to publicly come out and state that they are not trading Brown nor should they.
I’m pretty confident that they’ve had conversations with Brown’s people and thats really all they should do.
A team coming out publicly stating emphatically that this player will not be traded lacks prudence.
There IS someone out there in the NBA universe thats worth trading Brown, Tatum or Smart as well for depending on the parameters and who.
The team can’t paint themselves in a corner like that by going public with a proclamation that Brown will not be traded.

ktron

My comments are specifically related to JB being part of a KD trade so try not to get too ahead of your skis or you might end up face down in the snow, lol

It has already been reported that the Celtics have stated that Tatum and Rob are not on the table (in a Nets) deal so if they are not willing to trade JB in a deal for KD they should just come out and say so. Otherwise, a cloud hangs over this episode.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:19 pm

dboss wrote:
Ktron wrote:

ktron

My comments are specifically related to JB being part of a KD trade so try not to get too ahead of your skis or you might end up face down in the snow, lol

It has already been reported that the Celtics have stated that Tatum and Rob are not on the table (in a Nets) deal so if they are not willing to trade JB in a deal for KD they should just come out and say so.   Otherwise, a cloud hangs over this episode.

I understand but… I don’t believe there is a need for go public with it. If in fact they emphatically stated (in which “reportedly” is not necessarily loaded with actual fact ) that Rob and Tatum are off limits in the Nets deal and they have not said that in regards to Brown, then that should tell you something.

That cloud you referred to may be Cumulus but as one of my former weather guys, Dr. Dave used to say “Cumulus indicates as fair weather but if conditions allow it can grow into Cumulus congestus capable of producing rain showers”. Sad.

I for one have too heard that Rob and Jayson is off the table in regards to the Nets deal. But I didn’t hear the Celtics Brass say it.  We are yet to see how this shakes out but if we here any of the FO a or coaching staff come out and say “We like our team” then someone’s probably headed elsewhere. :>)

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:12 am

Dboss I am not worried

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:04 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:Dboss I am not worried

Maybe I should not be worried either.

My hope is that the team comes back with the same core group plus the roster additions.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Sat Aug 20, 2022 11:38 am

No Matter what--stay away from Durant!!!

IF he wins a title with the Nets, good for him,but he should NEVER be a Boston Celtic

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next