bobheckler
gyso
birnam
22 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Kevin Durant - Page 5 Empty Re: Kevin Durant

Post by dboss Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:43 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:Somebody should then tell Perk to shut the hell up.  He was all over the plac last night saying that the Celtics have no choice noq, they have to trade Jaylen Brown,  He can deny all he wants but he has been on this kick for months now.  just trying to build a bigger name for himself.  tired of his foolishness

Rosalie

Iike Perk but  he seems to relish making off the wall comments.  His comnents that the Celtics should trade Jaylen Brown because trust has been broken or something to that effect stirs up speculative notions.  He was also on the they cannot play together bandwagan.  

He played for the Celtics but he is clearly no insider.  Who on the Celtics will tell him anything.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:45 pm

This whole story line is being fueled by reporters and thee Nets.  They have set the bar so high that no one is biting. Let’s put this nightmare behind us and get ready for the season! We have some new players to get involved in our system.  Move on
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:48 am

RosalieTCeltics wrote:This whole story line is being fueled by reporters and thee Nets.  They have set the bar so high that no one is biting. Let’s put this nightmare behind us and get ready for the season! We have some new players to get involved in our system.  Move on

+1
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:19 pm

It has been reported that Durant's meeting with the Nets owner Joe Tsai resulted in Durant expressing a vote of no confidence in GM Marks and headcoach Nash.  He wants them gone or he wants to be traded.

This is just another reason why any pursuit of Durant by the Celtics is just plain wrong.

Any owner that would cave under that demand is a chump.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:12 pm

Well who’s the incompetent ones here??
When you have 2 chumps running the team and a Super Star player expressing his wishes, if I’m the owner the chumps are the ones who need to get their hats and scat.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:17 pm

dboss wrote:
RosalieTCeltics wrote:Somebody should then tell Perk to shut the hell up.  He was all over the plac last night saying that the Celtics have no choice noq, they have to trade Jaylen Brown,  He can deny all he wants but he has been on this kick for months now.  just trying to build a bigger name for himself.  tired of his foolishness

Rosalie

Iike Perk but  he seems to relish making off the wall comments.  His comnents that the Celtics should trade Jaylen Brown because trust has been broken or something to that effect stirs up speculative notions.  He was also on the they cannot play together bandwagan.  

He played for the Celtics but he is clearly no insider.  Who on the Celtics will tell him anything.

He’s pretty tapped in sir.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:02 pm

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-durant-reiterates-trade-demand-194901405.html

Report: Durant reiterates trade demand, gives owner Tsai ultimatum: Me or Nash, Marks

Kurt Helin
Mon, August 8, 2022 at 12:49 PM·3 min read
In this article:

Boston Celtics

Kevin Durant still wants to be traded, telling that directly to Nets’ owner Joe Tsai in a face-to-face meeting over the weekend, plus giving him an ultimatum of me or coach Steve Nash and GM Sean Marks.

The meeting was “professional,” according to Shams Charania of The Athletic, who broke the news.

Durant stated he does not have faith in the team’s direction, sources said…

The Nets have direct knowledge of the reasons behind Durant’s request, sources said, and understand that the 12-time All-Star will continue to be resolute in his stance. Durant is believed to want a change of scenery heading into his 16th season.

If this situation drags out, will Durant skip Nets training camp? (Yes.) Could the Nets seriously consider firing their coach and GM to keep their superstar happy? (Tsai hasn’t acted like a guy wanting to go that route, but in the NBA never say never.)

Durant trade talks have stalled out because teams were not offering what Marks and the Nets believed was fair market value for an MVP-level player under contract for four more years (getting a third team involved in the deal has proven difficult). This newly reinforced public trade demand hurts the Nets’ trade leverage even more — why would Boston or Miami increase their offers now? Those teams are still two of the frontrunners to land KD, according to Charania.

The Celtics, Toronto Raptors and Miami Heat remain the most significant candidates to acquire Durant, sources said, with Boston’s package centering around All-Star forward Jaylen Brown seen as a viable deal. Tsai and the Nets have made clear privately that they will take every last asset from a team that trades for Durant, sources said.

Durant’s initial request was to be traded to Miami or Phoenix. After the Suns matched the offer sheet for Deandre Ayton, they removed their only reasonable path to a Durant-level trade (Ayton can’t be traded until Jan. 15 and has veto power over any trade until next summer). Miami’s offer, based around Tyler Herro and Duncan Robinson plus up to three first-round picks, has not impressed Brooklyn. Miami has not put Bam Adebayo in any trade talks and shouldn’t be expected to. The Nets have asked for Rookie of the Year Scottie Barnes in any Durant trade with the Raptors. Toronto rejected that idea out of hand.

Jaylen Brown may be the biggest name available to Brooklyn, but the Nets reportedly also asked for Marcus Smart to be part of the trade and that’s where talks ended (the Celtics first offered Brown, Derrick White, and a first-round pick, reportedly adding a little more to the deal later). The Celtics are title contenders without Durant, they don’t need to up their offer to have a good shot at banner No. 18. It’s not a team the Nets can easily leverage in talks.

One of the reasons teams were hesitant to make massive offers for KD — or increase the ones on the table — has been concerns about how long they can keep Durant, despite the four years left on his contract. Marks was the GM who brought Durant and Kyrie Irving to Brooklyn, extended Durant at the max, and did pretty much everything his stars asked, from giving DeAndre Jordan an oversized contract to trading picks and promising young players for a third superstar in James Harden. In large part, Nash is the coach in Brooklyn because Durant and Irving wanted him (although there are plenty of people in league circles not convinced Nash is up to the job). If the Nets can’t keep Durant happy, who can?

A Durant trade could impact an Irving trade — almost certainly to the Lakers in a package involving Russell Westbrook and a third team — but the Nets have wanted to finish their Durant business before moving on. Irving reportedly wants to play for Brooklyn this season.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:16 pm

Ktron wrote:
dboss wrote:

Rosalie

ktron

He is obviously not all that tapped in when it comes to Jaylen Brown.

Shortly after the news broke that the Celtics were engaged in discussions about trading for Durant and Jaylen's name was in the mix, Mark Murphy completely dispelled the notion that trust had been broken.

According to Murphy, Jaylen loves it in Boston and is looking forward to next season.  Murphy was quoting a source and Perk's take was based on???????????

Maybe if Perk was a real insider he would not have said what he said.  What he said was just another one of his click bait opinions that is not backed up by facts.  

You get a two for here.  

I know you remember when Magic was unhappy with his 1st year coach Westhead.  Rumor has it that he got him fired.  Also we can all remember Lebron was the guy that got David Blatt fired.

There is some precedence in elite players getting their coach canned.

I however do not understand why Durant would be going after Nash.  Afterall Kyrie already said that they do not need a coach and I do not recall Durant saying yes we do.  And when Kyrie said we can be GM's where was the push back?

Nash was a bad selection for that team given his zero experience coaching.   If they were not listening to him that may be one reason why Boston smoked them 4-0.

We do not know what Durant's beef with Sean Marks is but there was a rumor (true or not true, I don't know) that Durant was upset because Kyrie was not resigned to a long term contract.   That was  GM decision.  If true, can you blame him?

So now Durant has the temerity to demand a trade if the owner does not fired Nash and Marks.  When Durant signed his 4 year $198 million extension where was his concern then?

This is just another reason why I would not want the Celtics to make a trade for him.  He's as flaky as Kyrie.

Joe Tsai is in a pickle.  He can either capitulate to Durant's demands or take the go F yourself route.  Trade him to whatever team has the assets for the Nets.  Sometimes you can assemble great talent but the stew is just not eatable.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:30 pm

This is all in the making from Durant, the owner and GM gave Kyrie and Durant whatever they wanted. They wanted Atkinson fired, a coach that actually wanted to coach them, for a guy they could hang with and do whatever they wanted in Nash. He made them sign and put up with Kyrie, now he’s got the gall to say he doesn’t like the direction of the team? They let you lead/direct them, you being the franchise superstar, this is as much a reflection all on you. I got news for you Kevin, no other franchise is going to bow down to your demands/wants like the Nets just did for the last 3 years, they will not allow you to take so much control of the culture and decisions and then be left out in the cold on a whim. I think a lot of owners learned alot from this and will not let a talented flake no matter how talented take so much control for me myself and I. Be grateful you got your max contract, don’t see any team giving your boy the flaky injury prone flat Earth moron a max contract after what he just put Cleveland, Boston and Brooklyn thru. Any GM would be a real moron to give him a max extension when he only plays on his whim, whenever he feels like it….

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:06 am

dboss wrote:
Ktron wrote:
dboss wrote:

Rosalie

ktron

He is obviously not all that tapped in when it comes to Jaylen Brown.

Shortly after the news broke that the Celtics were engaged in discussions about trading for Durant and Jaylen's name was in the mix, Mark Murphy completely dispelled the notion that trust had been broken.

According to Murphy, Jaylen loves it in Boston and is looking forward to next season.  Murphy was quoting a source and Perk's take was based on???????????

Maybe if Perk was a real insider he would not have said what he said.  What he said was just another one of his click bait opinions that is not backed up by facts.  

You get a two for here.  

I know you remember when Magic was unhappy with his 1st year coach Westhead.  Rumor has it that he got him fired.  Also we can all remember Lebron was the guy that got David Blatt fired.

There is some precedence in elite players getting their coach canned.

I however do not understand why Durant would be going after Nash.  Afterall Kyrie already said that they do not need a coach and I do not recall Durant saying yes we do.  And when Kyrie said we can be GM's where was the push back?

Nash was a bad selection for that team given his zero experience coaching.   If they were not listening to him that may be one reason why Boston smoked them 4-0.

We do not know what Durant's beef with Sean Marks is but there was a rumor (true or not true, I don't know) that Durant was upset because Kyrie was not resigned to a long term contract.   That was  GM decision.  If true, can you blame him?

So now Durant has the temerity to demand a trade if the owner does not fired Nash and Marks.  When Durant signed his 4 year $198 million extension where was his concern then?

This is just another reason why I would not want the Celtics to make a trade for him.  He's as flaky as Kyrie.

Joe Tsai is in a pickle.  He can either capitulate to Durant's demands or take the go F yourself route.  Trade him to whatever team has the assets for the Nets.  Sometimes you can assemble great talent but the stew is just not eatable.

Dboss, first off, when I say that Perk is tapped in I’m referring to him being privy to info that most fans are not. I wasn’t speaking specifically about the Brown situation.
However what he says about Brown recently and earlier about Brown and Tatum playing together was HIS OPINION. You said that yourself. It wasn’t stated as fact. There’s a huge difference then what your referring to. It’s His job to state his opinion. He didn’t say someone told him this or that. He simply stated his opinion.
As far as Murphy is concerned, he said that a “source” told him that Brown was happy in Boston. Who is the source? I don’t know whether Brown is happy or not. I’ve not heard from Brown on this. Have you? So someone writes that someone told him that a player is happy in Boston and because that’s what you want to hear you run with it. Again, who is the source?

Months ago you and I discussed the KD signing off or not on what Kyrie said about coaching.
We disagreed so I don’t think there’s a need to rehash that.

Sean Marks has done a bad job as a GM. His going along with KD and Kyrie On A number of things was a big mistake on his part. (Harden/ Deandre Jordan)
Extending KD was a smart thing for him to do. I don’t fault him for that but he totally mishandled the Kyrie and Harden situation. Hiring Nash as we both agree was a mistake. Love Steve but not as a coach.
KD decides he wants out and says so. I don’t have s problem with that.
Yes he has a contract but that wouldn’t prevent them from trading him if they wanted to whether he liked it or not. Front office would not publicly say we are going to trade him. They would just do it.
Do you have a problem with that? If not then you shouldn’t have a problem with KD requesting a trade because he no longer thinks his bosses are up to the task. I myself doubt if Kyrie is the trigger in all this and if he is one of the reasons that KD wants out because they wouldn’t extend him then that is dumb. But we don’t know that to be a fact.  Btw, you contradicted yourself on Nash. You said that Nash was a bad selection for the team but then stated that maybe if the players listened to him they wouldn’t have got smoked 4-0.
If we should find that it is indeed Sean Marks and Nash’s ineptness that lead to KD wanting out I don’t have an issue with it.
Have you ever left a job because you weren’t happy with the way the business was been managed or your boss was a Dhead? If you haven’t then hurray for ya.
It’s common. Happens all the time. No diff.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:44 am

Scal also has tapped in sources too and we know he’s an idiot, he’ll even tell you he is, unfortunately Perk gives alot of bad opinions like Scal. It was only his opinion, but his opinion was to break up the J’s a while ago. Ofcourse he gets paid to talk, but he was obviously proven wrong as most pundits think do it all wings are the biggest want/commodity in the league right now; we know all the positionless direction the league is heading into. We have 2 guys that can play and defend multiple positions at a very high elite level and I have confidence, but no sources that these 2 pillars of the franchise will not end up like Marbury and KG and Kobe and Shaq. I trust the character of these 2 young men and have no sources.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:57 am

Durant has played in 407 regular season games out of a possible 656 going back to 2014. So he's showed up for work since 2014 only 62% of the time.  Since joining the Nets he's played in 60 of a possible 154 games. That's 38.6 % work attendance.

For those 60 regular season games He's been getting paid $1,764,153.55 for a grand total of $105,849,213 dollars.

He's 34 years old with a  new contract of 4 years and 192,515,907 coming to him. How the *^(*(% is a guy who hasn't shown up for work even 40% of the time in the last three years, or only 62% of the time in last 8 years- and yet set to make nearly 200  million in next 4 years in a position to demand anything from the folks who pay him?
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:20 pm

Matty wrote:Durant has played in 407 regular season games out of a possible 656 going back to 2014. So he's showed up for work since 2014 only 62% of the time.  Since joining the Nets he's played in 60 of a possible 154 games. That's 38.6 % work attendance.

For those 60 regular season games He's been getting paid $1,764,153.55 for a grand total of $105,849,213 dollars.

He's 34 years old with a  new contract of 4 years and 192,515,907 coming to him. How the *^(*(% is a guy who hasn't shown up for work even 40% of the time in the last three years, or only 62% of the time in last 8 years- and yet set to make nearly 200  million in next 4 years in a position to demand anything from the folks who pay him?

Hey Matty:

Good question.

Tsai should have told Durant, sure I will fire them but you cover the cost of their remaining salaries.

I think the Nets have to trade him. You cannot blame them for wanting a maximum return.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:53 pm

I see where the Nets owner tweeted full support for Marks and Nash.

"Our front office and coaching staff have my support. We will make decisions in the best interest of the Brooklyn Nets."

Durant is looking like a drama queen.  

Send him out to Sacramento (Kings)
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:47 pm

There is no such thing as a wrong or bad opinion. If I don't agree with an opinion it doesn't make the opposing opinion wrong or bad.

“An opinion is a view or judgement about something not necessarily based on fact or knowledge”

The above is not my opinion, its Oxford’s. Feel free to look it up. MLML..

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:56 pm

I think we should all be grateful to Kevin Durant.

If it wasn’t for KD, what else would we talk about around here?
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:23 pm

NYCelt wrote:I think we should all be grateful to Kevin Durant.

If it wasn’t for KD, what else would we talk about around here?

+1

LMAO best quote/post of the year!!!

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:25 pm

dboss wrote:I see where the Nets owner tweeted full support for Marks and Nash.

"Our front office and coaching staff have my support. We will make decisions in the best interest of the Brooklyn Nets."

Durant is looking like a drama queen.  

Send him out to Sacramento (Kings)

Looking like….how about is and has been for quite some time

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:27 pm

So glad KD and Kyrie are not now and will not be with the Celtics.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:15 pm

worcester wrote:So glad KD and Kyrie are not now and will not be with the Celtics.

They’re true colors are showing for all the world to see, off topic, but just like in the Amber Heard case, all of social media was unanimous in calling out her obvious lies over and over. Shaq and Barkley and all the respected greats and pundits are calling out Durant and Kyrie for an obvious reason. Stephen A was ripping Kyrie and Durant for ruining his legacy sticking with and not calling out Kyrie for sabotaging the franchise. All the pundits/writers I’ve seen in NY and NJ are basically saying the same theme, all Nets management did was give you everything you wanted….and now this. Durant is his own worst enemy.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:12 am

cowens/oldschool wrote:
worcester wrote:So glad KD and Kyrie are not now and will not be with the Celtics.

They’re true colors are showing for all the world to see, off topic, but just like in the Amber Heard case, all of social media was unanimous in calling out her obvious lies over and over. Shaq and Barkley and all the respected greats and pundits are calling out Durant and Kyrie for an obvious reason. Stephen A was ripping Kyrie and Durant for ruining his legacy sticking with and not calling out Kyrie for sabotaging the franchise. All the pundits/writers I’ve seen in NY and NJ are basically saying the same theme, all Nets management did was give you everything you wanted….and now this. Durant is his own worst enemy.

I think his trade value went down a bit.

I would like to see Celtics management come out and make a statement that they are not looking to make a trade for Durant.  Just set the record straight.  Otherwise we will continue to hear things like, Durant likes Ime.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:53 pm

Matty,

Well right now these guys, thanks to our great, forward-thinking pioneers of Kryrie and BS, you can ask for and get whatever you want out of the owners. Come 2025 and the new CBA, get ready for quite a long layoff, at least a year or more, before the NBPA comes around and signs off on what the owners are going to lay before them with pay for play/play for pay. It won't be pretty. The players know major pushback is coming. KD knows it as even he is now experiencing the early beginning of owner resistance and what will become manifest come 2025.

Someone said on this site that the patients have now taken over the insane asylum. Mmmmmm. Juicy Fruit.

Grab some popcorn. It's going to be interesting!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:24 pm

https://www.masslive.com/celtics/2022/08/how-kevin-durant-viewing-celtics-as-preferred-trade-landing-spot-impacts-potential-trade-talks-for-boston.html

Kevin Durant is reportedly expanding his list of preferred trade destinations after requesting a deal out of Brooklyn. A new addition to that list appears to be the Boston Celtics.

According to Ian Begley of SNY, Durant sees Boston as a desired landing spot. Previously, Phoenix and Miami were both listed as desired destinations by Shams Charania of the Athletic but both of those teams have not been able to field competitive offers for Durant to this point.

Begley also reports that there are high-ranking members of the Sixers that have felt strongly about engaging Brooklyn on a Durant trade. The Sixers could build an offer around Tyrese Maxey, Tobias Harris, Matisse Thybulle and draft compensation in said scenario.

Boston appears to be the team willing to offer the best young star at the moment in Jaylen Brown. However, the Nets are continuing to demand more in a potential deal per multiple reports, with an offer of Brown, Derrick White and a first-round pick turned down by the Nets last month.

Further complicating any trade talks would be the fact that Durant reportedly is interested in playing with Marcus Smart, a guard the Nets are reportedly after as part of any trade package with Boston.

MassLive analysis: While the posturing and leaks will likely continue for months to come as Durant sticks to his trade demand, the revelation that the Celtics are a preferred destination for the All-Star is noteworthy. Boston would need to pay a very high price to land the All-Star forward and would surely want guarantees they would get buy-in for the 34-year-old for the remainder of his four years under contract. The fact that Durant’s open to Boston may make it a little a bit easier for Brad Stevens to confidently give up additional assets for the star forward.

The Celtics are very much still in a position of power here in negotiations as one of the few teams that can make a competitive offer for Durant and still have enough left over to contend. They could easily stand pat and still have the best title contender in the East next year. However, Durant’s increased pressure on Nets ownership to make a move along with his buy-in on potentially playing with Boston opens the door a bit more towards a deal getting done, if the Nets are willing to reduce their asking price.

Bob
MY NOTE: No, Brad, no. We were 2 wins away from !8. We've added Gallinari and Brogden. KD needs us a lot more than we need him.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:34 pm

YAWN..............................BRING ON THE SEASON, LET THOSE TWO DUKE IT OUT WITH THEIR OWNER.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:54 pm

I will say my view of Brooklyn may be adjusting slightly. With Governor Tsai standing up and picking his coach and GM over Durant, that's saying they are attempting to take back over the asylum. Now, he may be picking the wrong horse again, but that's another story.

As mentioned, we just need our leadership to do something similar and say we are out of this BKN rat race.

At least someone in a position of power is finally becoming accountable. Accountable for what I have no idea. They got themselves into this mess. They can certainly get themselves out of it. Nice move, Governor!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next