bobheckler
gyso
birnam
22 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Kevin Durant - Page 6 Empty Re: Kevin Durant

Post by Ktron Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:18 pm

In reference to the KD, JB, KI, Nash, Marks or whomever else involved, Personally IDGAF who wins here.
However, I do find it amusing that most people side with owners and management over players.
Without players there is no NBA, huge TV contracts and oversized toys for billionaire owners to reap profits off the skills and talent of these gifted individuals.
People want to get mad at the players for exercising the little power they have to occasionally (How many we talkin’ bout here 4-5 maybe) make decisions for themselves and request to work elsewhere.
Players have to make the request to move elsewhere. Fat, rich billionaires owners don’t. They just decide to send your ass packing and thats the end of it.
No fan backlash unless its your favorite player.
But heaven forbid if a player flex’s ands says I want elsewhere.
Fans want to crucify them. “Them” being the product. “Them” is who you go see not Wyc. And “them” who help fatten the pockets of the TV networks and billionaire owners. Errrbody wants to get mad at “Them”. Can’t wait for the next CBA to see how much power the powerful are going to attempt to take away form “Them” cash cows.
Have fun rooting for the owners and not watching NBA Basketball for awhile.
All because of “Them” Right??
Sad yet hilarious….

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:33 pm

Ktron wrote:In reference to the KD, JB, KI, Nash, Marks or whomever else involved, Personally IDGAF who wins here.
However, I do find it amusing that most people side with owners and management over players.
Without players there is no NBA, huge TV contracts and oversized toys for billionaire owners to reap profits off the skills and talent of these gifted individuals.
People want to get mad at the players for exercising the little power they have to occasionally (How many we talkin’ bout here 4-5 maybe) make decisions for themselves and request to work elsewhere.
Players have to make the request to move elsewhere. Fat, rich billionaires owners don’t. They just decide to send your ass packing and thats the end of it.
Fans want to crucify them. “Them” being the product. “Them” is who you go see not Wyc. And “them” who help fatten the pockets of the TV networks and billionaire owners. Errrbody wants to get mad at “Them”. Can’t wait for the next CBA to see how much power the powerful are going to attempt to take away form “Them” cash cows.
Sad yet hilarious….

ktron

I agree with some of what you say here.  It is a small number of players that demand to be traded.  It is not a common occurrence.

The NBA is a star driven league and as such the stars have a lot of influence on their respective teams and it can impact the league especially if a precedent setting situation pops up.

I do not agree that most people side with the owners.  I see no evidence of that.  I think that when fans have a team that they support, it goes all the way up to the owners.  

The Kevin Durant situation is unique because he choose to go to the Nets and resigned a contract of almost $50 million dollar per year for 4 years.  Him and Kyrie did not like Kenny Atkinson so he was replaced with Nash and they signed off on that.  He wanted Deandre Jordan so they added him.  He wanted James Harden so the Nets parted with assets to make that happen.  It seems to me that the Nets have accommodated Durant the way that you would expect them to.

Along the way something went awry.  Kyrie Irving did not get a new deal and he will be a free agent after this season.  Durant went to the Nets to play with Kyrie.  So Durant wants out now knowing that KI will be gone in a year.  It is a preemptive move.  

Nets management including the owner decided not to offer Kyrie a fat new contract.  The reasons should be obvious to Durant.

I think all the BS about Durant wanting Nash and Marks fired is a red herring.  He knows damn well that the owner can not do that and maintain a necessary level of respect with the Nets and around the league.  In this instance, I side with Tsai, the owner.  

To me what is really said and hilarious is Durant's ongoing enablement of Kyrie Irving.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:42 pm

dboss wrote:
Ktron wrote:In reference to the KD, JB, KI, Nash, Marks or whomever else involved, Personally IDGAF who wins here.
Sad yet hilarious….

ktron

I agree with some of what you say here.  It is a small number of players that demand to be traded.  It is not a common occurrence.

The NBA is a star driven league and as such the stars have a lot of influence on their respective teams and it can impact the league especially if a precedent setting situation pops up.

I do not agree that most people side with the owners.  I see no evidence of that.  I think that when fans have a team that they support, it goes all the way up to the owners.  

The Kevin Durant situation is unique because he choose to go to the Nets and resigned a contract of almost $50 million dollar per year for 4 years.  Him and Kyrie did not like Kenny Atkinson so he was replaced with Nash and they signed off on that.  He wanted Deandre Jordan so they added him.  He wanted James Harden so the Nets parted with assets to make that happen.  It seems to me that the Nets have accommodated Durant the way that you would expect them to.

Along the way something went awry.  Kyrie Irving did not get a new deal and he will be a free agent after this season.  Durant went to the Nets to play with Kyrie.  So Durant wants out now knowing that KI will be gone in a year.  It is a preemptive move.  

Nets management including the owner decided not to offer Kyrie a fat new contract.  The reasons should be obvious to Durant.

I think all the BS about Durant wanting Nash and Marks fired is a red herring.  He knows damn well that the owner can not do that and maintain a necessary level of respect with the Nets and around the league.  In this instance, I side with Tsai, the owner.  

To me what is really said and hilarious is Durant's ongoing enablement of Kyrie Irving.

Dboss

I think all the BS about Durant wanting Nash and Marks fired is a red herring.  He knows damn well that the owner can not do that and maintain a necessary level of respect with the Nets and around the league

Why not ? They did it to Kenny Atkinson and everyone knew it.

The owners didn't do all of that solely to satisfy the players. They also stood to profit and fatten their bottom line.
All I’m saying is lets be fair.

For every misstep or selfishness you point out regarding players there are just as many instances of ownership screwing over players. I can point them out of you’d like but wtf for.

We really don't know all the details regarding KD, Kyrie and ownership. If KD is really crushing on Kiarrhea like some may think than yes. That is pure stupidity at this point.

I too am tired of talking about KD etc. I suggest we all mind our own Celtic business and hope that we snatch banner 18 this year. 19 next year. And on and on till we all enter into the long sleep….

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:25 pm

Ktron,

I also hope that this never-ending KD chat-fest is long over before we all enter into the long sleep….

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:31 pm

Gyso. Getting sickening huh? I personally think it is a bunch of you know what. On to preparing for the season WITH JT, JB, and MS
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:35 pm

gyso wrote:Ktron,

I also hope that this never-ending KD chat-fest is long over before we all enter into the long sleep….

It’s buzz worthy so I’m afraid it’s not going to end anytime soon.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:33 am

I don't root for management over players and I can't stand Kevin Durant. Those two positions are not mutually exclusive.
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:44 am

On the other hand, there's this:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/kyrie-irving-allegedly-wanted-his-new-contract-to-guarantee-he-wouldn-t-have-to-play-more-than-60-games-per-season-and-to-not-play-back-to-back-games/ar-AA10yjU8?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=1c0b5deb816942a5ab9110d9e3334571

Kyrie Irving Allegedly Wanted His New Contract To Guarantee He Wouldn't Have To Play More Than 60 Games Per Season And To Not Play Back To Back Games

The entire saga with the Brooklyn Nets seeing both Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving want out of the team 3 years after signing with the squad seems to have kicked off when Joe Tsai refused to sign a contract extension with Irving in June.

The Nets were unwilling to offer him a long-term max contract with his availability issues and as a result, Durant wanted out knowing Irving won't be a part of the long-term plan in Brooklyn.

NBA Insider Ric Bucher was hosting his 'On The Ball' podcast and revealed some very interesting points of conflict between Kyrie Irving and Joe Tsai during Kyrie's contract extension talks. Kyrie wanted it written into his contract that he won't have to play more than 60 games a season and would be allowed to sit out of 'inhumane' back-to-back matchups.

"Joe Tsai has already shown he’s willing to play hardball with Kyrie by taking a max extension off the table almost immediately. Now, part of that may be Kyrie’ doing. I’m told he wanted his new contract to guarantee he wouldn’t have to play more than 60 games in a season and would not have to play any back the backs which he apparently referred to as inhumane.

If the one thing people don't trust Irving with is availability, it would be extremely foolish for the Nets to give him a long-term max under conditions like that. These demands should be a red flag for interested teams in Kyrie, as a deal like this would mean their star player isn't available for large chunks of the season.

Load management is nothing new and we have seen the likes of Kawhi Leonard have similar restrictions on playing time over the season. However, Kawhi is extremely injury-prone and needs to be protected, which isn't the same case for Kyrie. If what Bucher said is true, the Nets may be dodging a bullet by not extending Irving with such demands after his unavailability for the team over the last 3 seasons.

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:16 am

The stories coming out now is that Sean Marks originally asked for BOTH Js for KD.

I am not exaggerating when I say I laughed, hard and out loud, for >5 minutes when I read that.

Nets owner Joe Tsai is in a tough spot.  If he rolls over for KD he loses face, and that is unacceptable for any native-born Asian (he was born in Taiwan, is a Canadian citizen).  On the other hand, Sean Shicklegruber has f'd this up about as much as humanly possible.  Since the price is dropping on KD by the minute my gut is saying that Tsai will work out some kind of deal with KD to "consider what he's asking" if he comes to camp and plays the season, and Tsai will semi-deliver on that by S-canning Shicklegruber sometime mid-season.  KD gets some of what he wants, and maybe Nash is gone at the end of the year (Kyrie and Nash gone makes for a clean sweep).  Nash signed a 4 year contract in 2020, so he's starting his 3rd year this year.  Eating the 4th year of his contract wouldn't be a big deal to Tsai, especially since there's no impact on the team's salary cap and luxury tax status.

Tsai probably wants to get rid of Kyrie more than anybody.  Kyrie didn't show up for work.  I doubt Tsai has any respect or understanding for a healthy worker who doesn't show up for work.  That is the anti-thesis of his work ethic, not just for Asians but for any successful individual.  Joe Tsai doesn't get talked about as much as Mark Cuban or Jeannie Buss or Steve Ballmer.  He's the son of a Chinese (born on the Mainland, fled to Taiwan, where Joe was born, when Mousie Dung took over the Mainland) Yale-educated lawyer.  He went to a prep school in the US where he played lacrosse (if you don't know much about lacrosse it involves getting whacked, a lot and hard, with sticks) and middle linebacker on the school's football team.  He went to Yale for undergrad and law school just like his father.  He played lacrosse for Yale too, so he was a college-level athlete.  If he was an American there'd be a good chance he'd have been a Rhodes Scholar.  He's the co-founder and Vice Chairman of Alibaba, the Chinese version of Amazon.  He also owns a couple of professional lacrosse teams.  This guy's smart and isn't intimidated by physicality or contact (not that anybody's going to hit him, but it's hard to intimidate someone who steps onto a court or field or pitch knowing they're going to be coming off it much more bruised than when they went in and that mindset carries over into other endeavors).

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:22 am

bobheckler wrote:The stories coming out now is that Sean Marks originally asked for BOTH Js for KD.

I am not exaggerating when I say I laughed, hard and out loud, for >5 minutes when I read that.

Bob

I saw that - was wondering when someone would post this tidbit. Thanks. Completely ludicrous. I wonder if it might shed some light on the rumor that we offered Jaylen and picks. Maybe the Nets call Boston and say "hey - we'll give you KD for Tatum and Brown", Brad bursts into laughter, shooting diet Coke out of his nose, gathers himself and says "c'mon - not a chance. We might consider talking about something like Jaylen and a couple of picks for KD, but Jayson and Jaylen is complete nonsense", and then that somehow became "Celtics offered Jaylen Brown and picks for Durant".

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:53 am

gyso wrote:On the other hand, there's this:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/kyrie-irving-allegedly-wanted-his-new-contract-to-guarantee-he-wouldn-t-have-to-play-more-than-60-games-per-season-and-to-not-play-back-to-back-games/ar-AA10yjU8?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=1c0b5deb816942a5ab9110d9e3334571

Kyrie Irving Allegedly Wanted His New Contract To Guarantee He Wouldn't Have To Play More Than 60 Games Per Season And To Not Play Back To Back Games

The entire saga with the Brooklyn Nets seeing both Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving want out of the team 3 years after signing with the squad seems to have kicked off when Joe Tsai refused to sign a contract extension with Irving in June.

The Nets were unwilling to offer him a long-term max contract with his availability issues and as a result, Durant wanted out knowing Irving won't be a part of the long-term plan in Brooklyn.

NBA Insider Ric Bucher was hosting his 'On The Ball' podcast and revealed some very interesting points of conflict between Kyrie Irving and Joe Tsai during Kyrie's contract extension talks. Kyrie wanted it written into his contract that he won't have to play more than 60 games a season and would be allowed to sit out of 'inhumane' back-to-back matchups.

"Joe Tsai has already shown he’s willing to play hardball with Kyrie by taking a max extension off the table almost immediately. Now, part of that may be Kyrie’ doing. I’m told he wanted his new contract to guarantee he wouldn’t have to play more than 60 games in a season and would not have to play any back the backs which he apparently referred to as inhumane.

If the one thing people don't trust Irving with is availability, it would be extremely foolish for the Nets to give him a long-term max under conditions like that. These demands should be a red flag for interested teams in Kyrie, as a deal like this would mean their star player isn't available for large chunks of the season.

Load management is nothing new and we have seen the likes of Kawhi Leonard have similar restrictions on playing time over the season. However, Kawhi is extremely injury-prone and needs to be protected, which isn't the same case for Kyrie. If what Bucher said is true, the Nets may be dodging a bullet by not extending Irving with such demands after his unavailability for the team over the last 3 seasons.

Ha! Are you serious? This sounds like a spoof story from The Enquirer or The Sun. If this is true than the fact that Kiarrhea even proposed this is ludicrous. The MF doesn’t want to play so why doesn’t he just retire and leave the universe.
Also, if the Durant part of wanting out because of this is true, that too is ludicrous. If true it also means Durant obviously is unable to separate business from friendship.
This entire situation has gotten way out of hand!

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:59 am

bobheckler wrote:The stories coming out now is that Sean Marks originally asked for BOTH Js for KD.

Nets owner Joe Tsai is in a tough spot.  If he rolls over for KD he loses face, and that is unacceptable for any native-born Asian (he was born in Taiwan, is a Canadian citizen).  On the other hand, Sean Shicklegruber has f'd this up about as much as humanly possible.  Since the price is dropping on KD by the minute my gut is saying that Tsai will work out some kind of deal with KD to "consider what he's asking" if he comes to camp and plays the season, and Tsai will semi-deliver on that by S-canning Shicklegruber sometime mid-season.  KD gets some of what he wants, and maybe Nash is gone at the end of the year (Kyrie and Nash gone makes for a clean sweep).  Nash signed a 4 year contract in 2020, so he's starting his 3rd year this year.  Eating the 4th year of his contract wouldn't be a big deal to Tsai, especially since there's no impact on the team's salary cap and luxury tax status.

Tsai probably wants to get rid of Kyrie more than anybody.  Kyrie didn't show up for work.  I doubt Tsai has any respect or understanding for a healthy worker who doesn't show up for work.  That is the anti-thesis of his work ethic, not just for Asians but for any successful individual.  Joe Tsai doesn't get talked about as much as Mark Cuban or Jeannie Buss or Steve Ballmer.  He's the son of a Chinese (born on the Mainland, fled to Taiwan, where Joe was born, when Mousie Dung took over the Mainland) Yale-educated lawyer.  He went to a prep school in the US where he played lacrosse (if you don't know much about lacrosse it involves getting whacked, a lot and hard, with sticks) and middle linebacker on the school's football team.  He went to Yale for undergrad and law school just like his father.  He played lacrosse for Yale too, so he was a college-level athlete.  If he was an American there'd be a good chance he'd have been a Rhodes Scholar.  He's the co-founder and Vice Chairman of Alibaba, the Chinese version of Amazon.  He also owns a couple of professional lacrosse teams.  This guy's smart and isn't intimidated by physicality or contact (not that anybody's going to hit him, but it's hard to intimidate someone who steps onto a court or field or pitch knowing they're going to be coming off it much more bruised than when they went in and that mindset carries over into other endeavors).

Bob

How about this one and I got this from a fairly reliable source.

Kyrie originally approached Durant about joining him on the Celtics and Durant showed interest. Kyrie then went to Ainge about it and encouraged him to get rid of one of the J’s and bring in Durant.
Apparently Ainge told him to go piss up a rope and it was then that Kyrie changed his mind about extending with the Celtics. Also, that stomp on the logo was meant exclusively for Ainge.
Sounds crazy but as KG once said..”Anything is” well you know the rest.

PS. I told you Gyso, this KD shiggidy ain’t gonna end anytime soon.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:05 pm

jrleftfoot wrote:I don't root for management over players and I can't stand Kevin Durant. Those two positions are not mutually exclusive.

+1

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:09 pm

Ktron wrote:
dboss wrote:
Sad yet hilarious….

ktron

Dboss

I think all the BS about Durant wanting Nash and Marks fired is a red herring.  He knows damn well that the owner can not do that and maintain a necessary level of respect with the Nets and around the league

The owners didn't do all of that solely to satisfy the players. They also stood to profit and fatten their bottom line.

For every misstep or selfishness you point out regarding players there are just as many instances of ownership screwing over players. I can point them out of you’d like but wtf for.

We really don't know all the details regarding KD, Kyrie and ownership. If KD is really crushing on Kiarrhea like some may think than yes. That is pure stupidity at this point.

I too am tired of talking about KD etc. I suggest we all mind our own Celtic business and hope that we snatch banner 18 this year. 19 next year. And on and on till we all enter into the long sleep….

ktron

Firing a coach is one thing.  It happens all the time.  Firing your GM and your coach at the same time because you are being held hostage by your star player is something different.  People that own businesses simply do not operate that way.  Tsai has stated full support for his GM and his coach.  I have to assume he likes the job that they are doing.  The team has underperformed but when have they had a full deck of cards to play with.  I do not believe that Durant wants to be there.  Tsai is smart enough to probably know that Durant would not be happy no matter what concessions he makes.  Durant wants out and his compromise was an outrageous request.  But it does serve his purpose.

No need for you to go on and on about players getting screwed over by teams.  I am certain that we have discussed some former Celtics players that got the shi-ty end of the stick.

There is one reason and one reason only why I have posted about this situation.

It is only because the Celtics could initiate a trade and end up moving JB plus other assets for a guy that is flaky.  

If this was about the Celtics being a player in a trade for Russell Westbrook I would be posting about that because the Celtics would be in the mix.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:29 pm

dboss wrote:
Ktron wrote:
dboss wrote:
Sad yet hilarious….

ktron

Dboss

ktron

Firing a coach is one thing.  It happens all the time.  Firing your GM and your coach at the same time because you are being held hostage by your star player is something different.  People that own businesses simply do not operate that way.  Tsai has stated full support for his GM and his coach.  I have to assume he likes the job that they are doing.  The team has underperformed but when have they had a full deck of cards to play with.  I do not believe that Durant wants to be there.  Tsai is smart enough to probably know that Durant would not be happy no matter what concessions he makes.  Durant wants out and his compromise was an outrageous request.  But it does serve his purpose.

No need for you to go on and on about players getting screwed over by teams.  I am certain that we have discussed some former Celtics players that got the shi-ty end of the stick.  

It is only because the Celtics could initiate a trade and end up moving JB plus other assets for a guy that is flaky.  

If this was about the Celtics being a player in a trade for Russell Westbrook I would be posting about that because the Celtics would be in the mix.

Dboss,
Disagree with your first premise regarding fallout from firing a GM and a Coach. When you have time go back and track and you’ll find it happens and its happened quite a few times. Happens in the NFL damn near every season.
It may not be because of a player holding hostage but thats a reason that you find off base. Maybe the one reason why it has not been done is because Durants demand got out and it wasn’t supposed to. I trust that Tsai is not totally happy with the twins and is still planning to move on from them be it one at a time or both swinging dks hit the door at the same time.
Also disagree about the owners expectation. Tsai cannot be happy with the job Nash and Marks have done. I cant think of one reason why he should. Not one! That team underperformed in every aspect. In the short time that they’ve had a full deck they weren’t world beaters then.
You’re telling me Tsai is smart then indicate that he’s happy with Nash and Marks. Cant be both. If he’s smart he’s certainly inept when it comes to team sports. What moves has Tsai made to make you think he’s so smart. He green lighted hiring Nash. That wasn't a smart move irregardless of who insisted that he make that hire.
I’ll ask you. If that team was fully loaded do you think they would have won with Nash as Coach. If the answer is yes then you're agreeing with Kyrie. Nash is not a good coach and if they did win it wouldn’t be because of Nash.

At this point, our reasoning may differ but I do agree we shouldn’t move Brown and others for KD.
You think he’s a flake and you have a right to that opinion but being a flake would not stop me from wanting a player that can help the team. Let’s face it, the league is full of flakes and most of those flakes are future Hall of Famers.
I am curious on where you stood on Kawai Leonard, Jimmy Butler, Anthony Davis, and Paul George when their names were mentioned as possibly becoming a Celtic via trade.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:58 pm

Look what Mr. Smarty Pants posted

What a frigging psycho!

Kevin Durant - Page 6 97531610

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:42 pm

Ktron wrote:
dboss wrote:
Ktron wrote:
dboss wrote:
Sad yet hilarious….

ktron

Dboss

ktron

Dboss,
Disagree with your first premise regarding fallout from firing a GM and a Coach. When you have time go back and track and you’ll find it happens and its happened quite a few times. Happens in the NFL damn near every season.
It may not be because of a player holding hostage but thats a reason that you find off base. Maybe the one reason why it has not been done is because Durants demand got out and it wasn’t supposed to. I trust that Tsai is not totally happy with the twins and is still planning to move on from them be it one at a time or both swinging dks hit the door at the same time.
Also disagree about the owners expectation. Tsai cannot be happy with the job Nash and Marks have done. I cant think of one reason why he should. Not one! That team underperformed in every aspect. In the short time that they’ve had a full deck they weren’t world beaters then.
You’re telling me Tsai is smart then indicate that he’s happy with Nash and Marks. Cant be both. If he’s smart he’s certainly  inept when it comes to team sports. What moves has Tsai made to make you think he’s so smart. He green lighted hiring Nash. That wasn't a smart move irregardless of who insisted that he make that hire.
I’ll ask you. If that team was fully loaded do you think they would have won with Nash as Coach. If the answer is yes then you're agreeing with Kyrie. Nash is not a good coach and if they did win it wouldn’t be because of Nash.

At this point, our reasoning may differ but I do agree we shouldn’t move Brown and others for KD.
You think he’s a flake and you have a right to that opinion but being a flake would not stop me from wanting a player that can help the team. Let’s face it, the league is full of flakes and most of those flakes are future Hall of Famers.
I am curious on where you stood on Kawai Leonard, Jimmy Butler, Anthony Davis, and Paul George when their names were mentioned as possibly becoming a Celtic via trade.

Dude with all due respect, you are all over the place and speculate way too much

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:56 pm

Ktron wrote:Look what Mr. Smarty Pants posted

What a frigging psycho!

Kevin Durant - Page 6 97531610

Michael Kay the Yankee announcer and a guy that regularly rips Kyrie on Yes the station that covers the Yankees and Nets, has said over many ridiculous Kyrie quotes he’s never seen an athlete that loves to hear himself talk more than Kyrie, how a shame he has no handlers/friends telling him how asinine he sounds.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:36 pm

This story has no quit in it.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/kevin-durant-reportedly-stopped-the-nets-from-trading-kyrie-irving-last-season-i-m-told-that-they-wanted-to-trade-kyrie-midway-through-the-season-and-kevin-durant-told-them-absolutely-not/ar-AA10yXvh?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=c5ef32845e2c4cb6ef977e5012640ad9

Kevin Durant Reportedly Stopped The Nets From Trading Kyrie Irving Last Season: "I’m Told That They Wanted To Trade Kyrie Midway Through The Season, And Kevin Durant Told Them Absolutely Not."

Nico Martinez - 10h ago

As the Brooklyn Nets continue to face uncertainty about their future, Kevin Durant is doing all he can to get his way and control the narrative.

For the past three years, he has worked hard to carry the Nets to prosperity in the East, but things haven't panned out very well so far and the star duo appears headed for a split at some point in the near future.

Apparently, according to Ric Bucher of FOX Sports, the Nets actually tried to trade Irving as early as last season before KD shut them down.

“I’m told that they wanted to trade Kyrie midway through this past season, and Kevin Durant told them absolutely not. And they went along with it. Now, I’ve also been told while they’re still good friends, that maybe KD doesn’t value him quite the same way as a teammate. I’m not so sure about that.”

At this point, nobody really knows what's happening in Brooklyn. Despite a lack of trade suitors, Durant is still holding firm to his desire to leave -- and now, he has even given the Nets an ultimatum, which has many in the NBA community all worked up.

“I get that players have more power these days, but I think it’s a little too far if he’s out here trying to get Steve fired,” said one coach, who was quickly reminded of Magic Johnson’s fingerprints on Paul Westhead’s firing back in November of 1981 and other power plays, some of which may well have been justified (Steve Bulpett of Heavy.com).

It seems like Durant wants total control of the Nets franchise. He wants the GM and coach gone and wants the power to dictate who gets traded or not.

So while things may not be working on the floor with Kyrie, it's pretty clear that Durant is still loyal to his friend and that loyalty between the stars has put the Nets at a severe disadvantage.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:44 am

cowens/oldschool wrote:
Ktron wrote:
dboss wrote:
Ktron wrote:
dboss wrote:
Sad yet hilarious….

ktron

Dboss

ktron

Dboss,
You’re telling me Tsai is smart then indicate that he’s happy with Nash and Marks. Cant be both. If he’s smart he’s certainly  inept when it comes to team sports. What moves has Tsai made to make you think he’s so smart. He green lighted hiring Nash. That wasn't a smart move irregardless of who insisted that he make that hire.

Dude with all due respect, you are all over the place and speculate way too much

Dude: If I even begin to try and decipher some of your dribble (pun intended) I’d have a massive migraine that would never go away. Do me a favor and Catch up…

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:29 am

Kitron feel free to go against my posts or whatever you see fit or want, that’s all you do in the most annoying ways anyways, it’s like he said she said over and over. You said something along the line of a quote because someone likes it, so they ran with it, but they have no source. Now we need sources to express our opinions on topics on a writers information? I know I don’t know everything and have strong opinions, but your writing style assumes way too much and plays too many things both ways. The writer is tapped in too and actually is around the team during the season and gets paid for covering the team, he’s actually a professional, not a blabber mouth like you or me. Must be impossible to ever meet friends or family of the players during an 82 game season year after year, that would never happen…..

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:06 am

You jump in front of this car when you, you know all the time that
Ninety miles an hour, dude, is the speed we drive.
You tell me it's alright, you don't mind a little pain.
You say you just want us to take you for a ride.

You're just like crosstown traffic, so hard to get through to you.
Crosstown traffic, no need to run over, true.
Crosstown traffic, all you do is slow us down
And we're trying to get on the other side of town.

You're not the only soul who's accused of hit and run,
Tire tracks all across your back, uh-huh, I can see you had your fun.
But a dude, can't you see those signals turn from green to red
And with all y'all I can see a traffic jam straight up ahead.

You're just like Crosstown traffic, so hard to get through to you.
Crosstown traffic, no need to run over you.
Crosstown traffic, all you do is make us frown
And we got better things on the other side of town.

Yeah now crosstown traffic, look out, look out, dude, let me through.
Crosstown traffic yeah, look out.
Crosstown traffic yeah, look out, look out, look out.
Crosstown traffic yeah, look out, watch that sheet.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:26 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:Kitron feel free to go against my posts or whatever you see fit or want, that’s all you do in the most annoying ways anyways, it’s like he said she said over and over. You said something along the line of a quote because someone likes it, so they ran with it, but they have no source. Now we need sources to express our opinions on topics on a writers information? I know I don’t know everything and have strong opinions, but your writing style assumes way too much and plays too many things both ways. The writer is tapped in too and actually is around the team during the season and gets paid for covering the team, he’s actually a professional, not a blabber mouth like you or me. Must be impossible to ever meet friends or family of the players during an 82 game season year after year, that would never happen…..

Cowens, You really appear to have a problem comprehending at times so If you're going to come for me at least read the posts “thoroughly” before you come to a summation. Also, If I annoy you stop reading my posts. (Including the rest of this one) There is plenty here on this forum for you to digest.

My point was that it appears that when a reporter or influencer puts out a piece that one either doesn’t agree with or just gets pissed off over the content of the report because its “Their team or their favorite player” they tend to discredit that report saying its BS or the reporter is stupid and dont know what the hell they're talking about.
The particular post that you're referring to is DBoss in my opinion discrediting Perk for his OPINION on Brown and Tatum and then turn around and reference
and accept as fact a reporters story that spoke of Brown liking Boston. The reporter stated that he heard it from a SOURCE.
My point was that Perk was expressing his OPINION which Dboss discredited but at the same time referenced and appeared to support and accept as being factual a story that actually was a “He say She say story by a writer who said he was told this about Brown but it wasn’t Brown who told him. Anyone can say anything about anybody that is why I asked for a source. I never said one needed a source to express an opinion. You seem to still have an issue when trying to discern fact and opinion.
I also never said that writers are not tapped in. Cowens please read and process what’s written thoroughly.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:20 pm

Ktron wrote:
cowens/oldschool wrote:Kitron feel free to go against my posts or whatever you see fit or want, that’s all you do in the most annoying ways anyways, it’s like he said she said over and over. You said something along the line of a quote because someone likes it, so they ran with it, but they have no source. Now we need sources to express our opinions on topics on a writers information? I know I don’t know everything and have strong opinions, but your writing style assumes way too much and plays too many things both ways. The writer is tapped in too and actually is around the team during the season and gets paid for covering the team, he’s actually a professional, not a blabber mouth like you or me. Must be impossible to ever meet friends or family of the players during an 82 game season year after year, that would never happen…..

Cowens, You really appear to have a problem comprehending at times so If you're going to come for me at least read the posts “thoroughly” before you come to a summation. Also, If I annoy you stop reading my posts. (Including the rest of this one) There is plenty here on this forum for you to digest.  

My point was that it appears that when a reporter or influencer puts out a piece that one either doesn’t agree with or just gets pissed off over the content of  the report because  its “Their team or their favorite player” they tend to discredit that report saying its BS or the reporter is stupid and dont know what the hell they're talking about.
The particular post that you're referring to is DBoss in my opinion discrediting Perk for his OPINION on Brown and Tatum and then turn around and reference
and accept as fact a reporters story that spoke of Brown liking Boston. The reporter stated that he heard it from a SOURCE.
My point was that Perk was expressing his OPINION which Dboss discredited  but at the same time referenced and appeared to support and accept as being factual a story that actually was a “He say She say story by a writer who said he was told this about Brown but it wasn’t Brown who told him. Anyone can say anything about anybody that is why I asked for a source. I never said one needed a source to express an opinion. You seem to still have an issue when trying to discern fact and opinion.
I also never said that writers are not tapped in. Cowens please read and process what’s written thoroughly.

Bro there you go again rehashing all this going in so many too many directions. I got it the first time, I covered it in 1 or 2 sentences, then you have to rehash for 3 paragraphs….enough already!!!! Less is more okay???…???

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:30 pm

I said awhile ago I think were fine behind the scenes that the players are tight and know this is part of the business. GWill just confirmed this saying he’s in touch with Jaylen. That he is fine and that they realize it’s part of the business and Jaylen should be honored that so many teams want him….

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next