bobheckler
gyso
birnam
22 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Kevin Durant - Page 3 Empty Re: Kevin Durant

Post by bobheckler Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:25 pm

Another team that has allegedly shown interest in KD is Miami,  who have now backed out because of Brooklyn's asking price.  They won't give up Bam nor Jimmy.   Herro was also supposed to be included with  either one.

Bottom line:  Brooklyn is a completely unmotivated seller  and has him under contract for 4 more years.  

I find it absolutely amazing how many people are so desperate to break up the Js.  You don't hear anyone talking about breaking up Kawhi and PG13, nor was anyone floating ideas for breaking up KD and Kyrie until  they blew things up themselves.  Just the Js.

Thou Shalt Not Covet.   Keep your greedy paws to yourselves.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:07 pm

worcester wrote:My tax lawyer and I were once partners on two marginally producing gas wells in PA. Someone approached us about buying them. My partner Vince Scully was a true financial genius, and he told me NOT to mention what we would be willing to take to sell both wells (actually $50k). He asked the buyer what he wanted to pay for the wells. The guy said $150k. Vince said, "Ok. We can go with that."

So to echo your approach 112288, yes, it is best to let the other guy reveal his position without disclosing yours.

By the way, Vince played shortstop at Fordham U. The second baseman on his team was Vin Scully! Yes, the Vin Scully who went on to be a HOF baseball announcer.

Worcester,

Nice Profit I am sure! And yes thanks for your echo!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Wed Jul 27, 2022 1:14 am

112288 wrote:Ktron

I do this professionally as a private equity man negotiating business structures and financing.  When going into a discussion that may be sensitive, you must know what you want to get revealed by the other party and what you do not want to reveal to them until you get the lay of the land of the topic being discussed and how your opponent is answering your questions and what they are revealing and not revealing.

But to give you a simple answer using real estate as an example, you go to buy a Building your group wants to buy.  You ask straight out how much do you want for the building, are there any structural problems, any non conforming issues, any liens, brown field issues, bankruptcy etc. and then you listen and get an answer.    You reveal nothing about what you are willing to pay for the property, what problems you can fix if you buy it and problems you will walk away.  So the seller knows nothing about what you are willing to pay or not pay.   Hers is where the fun begins.  By not revealing anything about what may turn you on or off with problems etc you can use the problems to begin a counter negotiation tactic to hammer the seller on price if you want the building.  Or if not you walk away with no counter offer.   Chances are you will have the seller chasing you!

Makes plenty of sense. Brad is very smart so I’m gonna assume that Brad followed that logic and didn’t offer up Brown at least not right away.
And if you don’t mind I’m going to memorize the free knowledge you just handed out and use it on some poor unsuspecting soul in the future. :-)

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Wed Jul 27, 2022 6:52 am

Ktron

You will be surprised on how much people will give up to you and how much you do not give up to them to put you in the drivers seat!

Good luck

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:25 am

https://heavy.com/sports/boston-celtics/jaylen-brown-kevin-durant-brooklyn-nets/

Nets’ Ulterior Motive in Trade Talks With Celtics Revealed

By Jack Simone
Updated Jul 26, 2022 at 2:56pm

Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN shocked the NBA landscape in the early hours of Monday morning, revealing that the Boston Celtics had “engaged in talks” about a potential trade for Brooklyn Nets superstar Kevin Durant, who has officially requested to be moved.

The centerpiece of that deal would be All-Star wing Jaylen Brown, according to Wojnarowski, and this part of the report was later confirmed. Shams Charania of The Athletic noted that the Celtics had offered Brown in a deal for Durant, but the Nets declined it and countered.

However, the fact that this information was leaked does not benefit the Celtics. In fact, it could actually hurt their relationship with Brown. According to an anonymous Eastern Conference GM who spoke with Sean Deveney of Heavy.com, “there’s no way the Celtics wanted any of this to come out.”

“The timing is the strange part, you know? It’s pretty clear this is something that came from the Nets, there’s no way the Celtics wanted any of this to come out,” the source told Deveney. “Now it is something the Cetlics have to deal with, they have to put things together with (Jalyen) Brown, there will be a whole bunch of questions out there in training camp and into the season.”

According to the source, however, these talks are older than the recent reports may indicate.

‘Celtics Had Their Conversation’ and ‘Moved On’

When Durant requested a trade, most teams in the league were bound to give them a call about a potential trade. The Celtics were no exception to that rule, and according to the anonymous GM, these current reports are based around those initial talks.

“This is something that, you know, these talks are old. When the Durant stuff first hit, everyone called the Nets, of course, you have to,” the executive told Deveney. “The Celtics had their conversation and they moved on. So for it to come back and come out now, it tells you that the Nets are frustrated that they’re not getting the offers they want for Durant and they want to jumpstart the process.”

Dangling a package of Brown, picks, and another rotational piece in front of the Nets is probably the best offer on the market. Other teams like the Miami Heat and Phoenix Suns are interested in Durant, but nobody on their rosters is as good as Brown right now. And since the Nets don’t own their first-round picks, they want to remain as competitive as possible while also setting themselves up for the future.

But now that these rumors are out there, Twitter has gone up in flames. The drama surrounding Boston and Brown is getting blown out of proportion, but the executive noted that the Celtics are likely very unhappy with the fact that Brooklyn presumably leaked this report.

Celtics Likely Upset With Nets

As the source mentioned, this was likely Brooklyn’s way of trying to kickstart the trade process. However, from Boston’s perspective, they have to be wondering why their offer was the one the Nets decided to leak.

“I’m sure if you’re the Celtics, you’re saying, ‘Why us?’ The Nets could have leaked any number of talks they had. But for the Nets, they’re trying to tell everyone, ‘Hey, Jaylen Brown and picks, that’s the floor’,” the executive explained.

But now that the offer has been made public, make sure to keep an eye on the Celtics as the Durant drama drags on.

Bob
MY NOTE:  If Brad anything at all like the person I think he is he has been talking to Jaylen regularly over the past week or two and letting him know what's what.  If this is just Nets trying to set the floor for a Durant deal then Jaylen needs to know that's the game being played.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:55 am

The damage caused by this leakage that was raised in the article was exactly what I have been preaching for 3 days.

Now it is a mess. However the Celtics could come back to Brown and offer to extend a Max contract to him now and cite the fact to Brown that they were worried he would bolt in 2 years with no compensation for him. Maybe be the Celtics can make lemonade our of a lemon and a very bad situation!

A dish best eaten cold!

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:15 am

Yawn

Nets are desperate they haven’t been able to get anything near what they want from anybody. I think behind closed doors everything is fine, media will make this a story, but I’m sure there is open communication and our guys realize this is all part of the business. Jaylen is not going anywhere!!!

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:21 am

https://www.masslive.com/celtics/2022/07/paul-pierce-thinks-kevin-durant-trade-to-celtics-wont-happen-they-dont-got-to-make-no-moves.html

Paul Pierce thinks Kevin Durant trade to Celtics won’t happen: ‘They don’t got to make no moves’

Published: Jul. 26, 2022, 8:52 p.m.

By Brian Robb | brobb@masslive.com

Paul Pierce was a big fan of the 2021-22 Boston Celtics, making multiple appearances at the TD Garden courtside during the team’s run to the NBA Finals.

Pierce made that fandom clear on Tuesday night while he was in attendance for the Showtime premiere of the documentary Point Gods. When asked about the possibility that the Celtics would trade for Kevin Durant after the All-Star forward made a trade demand last month, Pierce did not mince words.

“They not going to do that,” Pierce told reporters. That ain’t happening. They don’t got to make no moves.”

Pierce’s statement is backed up by Boston’s standing in the NBA after their big offseason. Following the trade addition of Malcolm Brogdon and the free agent signing of Danilo Gallinari, Boston has become a slight favorite to win the NBA title at most Vegas books.

However, those additions did not stop Boston from making an inquiry on Durant according to multiple reports. Shams Charania of Stadium reported on Monday that Boston offered a deal involving Jaylen Brown, Derrick White and a draft pick for the Nets star, an offer that was turned down according to sources.

Time will tell whether Pierce’s assertion will come true but it’s evident the Celtics legend would like to see this team fully intact with its core from last season after their run to the Finals.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:50 am

flip Kevin Durant and the Brooklyn Nets!

(and I didn't type "flip")

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Jul 27, 2022 11:30 am

gyso wrote:flip Kevin Durant and the Brooklyn Nets!

gyso,

Who do we have to flip to change that damn auto-correct?

And, no, I didn't write flip either.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed Jul 27, 2022 11:38 am

My favorite Flip:

https://timelife.com/products/the-best-of-the-flip-wilson-show?msclkid=6c94d6b2b73d1fa2c2f1b453eca33716
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed Jul 27, 2022 11:38 am

+1

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Jul 27, 2022 11:50 am

I remember a few summers back when I made my annual pilgrimage to Boston and while I was there, AL Horford signed with Boston as a free agent.  Danny was looking to turn the NBA upside down by also adding Kevin Durant.  Boston put on a full court press and even Tom Brady was part of the recruiting efforts.  Legal Seafood offered free lobster to Kevin.

But let's go back even further.  As a result of a horrible 2006-07 season Boston found themselves back in the lottery with a chance to land one of the top picks.  We posted about this on the globe.  The discussion centered around who would be the best pick Oden or Durant.  Some analyst surmised that Durant may be the best offensive player ever.

As it turned out the ping pong balls did not bounce our way and we ended up with the 5th pick in that 07 draft.  As we know, that pick was traded to Seattle for Ray Allen and he was crucial to making the Kevin Garnet trade happen.

Fast forward to the Kyrie Irving departure and free agency of Kevin Durant.  

At that time we had not idea that the two of them were as thick as thieves.  Kyrie could have kept his promise and stayed with us and Boston could have signed Durant as a free agent with a nudge from Kyrie.

But it was not meant to be.  

When Durant announced his desire to leave Crooklyn he did not mention the Celtics even though the Celtics are a clear contender for the title.  I did not expect that he would mention our team.  Afterall, our guys beat the snot out of him and Kyrie together.  For him to join the Celtics would be awkward to say the least.

Durant is the last guy I would want on my team.  I would not even trade Jaylen Brown straight up for him. He is not and never has been a player that the Boston Celtics should have on their roster.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Wed Jul 27, 2022 11:53 am

bobheckler wrote:

gyso,

Who do we have to flip to change that damn auto-correct?

And, no, I didn't write flip either.

Bob

We feel that it is necessary. The results from some members when we nicely asked them to tone down the language was for them to ignore our (my) request and to turn it up to eleven.

We were not impressed.

So it stays.

Back to top Go down

Kevin Durant - Page 3 Empty Re: Durant

Post by wideclyde Wed Jul 27, 2022 12:28 pm

Every professional player fully understands that his GM's job is to make his team better each year. This tells each player that he CAN be traded at any time (when trading is allowed by the league), so it should be absolutely no surprise that every other team in the NBA would love to add a guy like Jaylen Brown to its team.

This means that it is expected that at least some teams have called Stevens regarding their chance to get Brown every season. The reporting of these kinds of calls are just not usually reported in the way that, it seems, the Nets have let on this time.

We can also guess that the Cs have made calls to other teams each year as well as they try to get other guys from other teams who they think that they would like to add to Boston's roster.

With all of the team's GMs only a phone call away, this happens every year, and I don't think that such calls will effect our Mr. Brown in his relationship with the Celtics. In fact, I would think that it would be a compliment to Brown knowing that another team is offering a guy who used to be one of the better NBA players for him.

If the Nets are going to hang with the idea that they are going to get Brown, Marcus Smart, another player and 3 Number one picks for an aging ex star like Durant they must be dreaming, in my opinion. Now if the Nets were offering Durant with a second starting player, and a bench player and 3 first round picks this trade idea may have a much better chance of Stevens saying "yes".

There is no question that Brown (all by himself) is far too much to trade for Mr. Durant.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Jul 27, 2022 1:36 pm

Jayson Tatum's take:

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Wed Jul 27, 2022 2:23 pm

Jayson Tatum has become great at answering the media's questions and not giving them something to spin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:27 pm

112288 wrote:The damage caused by this leakage that was raised in the article was exactly what I have been preaching for 3 days.  

Now it is a mess. However the Celtics could come back to Brown and offer to extend a Max contract to him now and cite the fact to Brown that they were worried he would bolt in 2 years with no compensation for him.  Maybe be the Celtics can make lemonade our of a lemon and a very bad situation!

A dish best eaten cold!

Brown is eligible to make 36 mil in an extension on his current deal compared to 44mil he can get as a free agent. I believe (Gyso correct me if i’m wrong please)  if he meets certain criteria (making 3 all NBA teams etc) he’d be  eligible for a super max so it wouldn't be in Browns interest to take the extension now. He’s better off waiting.

On another note, if they went to him and offered it and intimated to him that they were worried about him leaving in 2 yrs and getting nothing back- “Here’s an extension right now”. That still doesn’t mean they can’t deal him a year later so it may stop the rumors for a bit but that probably wouldn’t stop the noise around him being trade bait after next year.
AND if I were Brown and they uttered those words to me, I wouldn’t take it as a compliment because its clear that they're trying to protect their interests and not Brown’s.  Ive threatened to leave jobs because someone either offered me more or I thought I deserved more. There were times that I was given a bump in money because at that time it wasn’t in their best interests to let me walk. I knew it wasn’t because they loved and cared about me. There were a few times in my life that it happened where they eventually sent me packing. Their purpose was served and I was then expendable. Happens even more in the sports world.

They can still offer the extension but I don’t think it would be wise for them to bring up to Brown their fear of him bolting in 2 yrs now. Yes, pay him what he deserves when the time comes but there’s always going to be trade talk. $$ wont stop it.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Jul 27, 2022 4:20 pm

With JB being extension eligibile, the Celtics should put an offer on the table. I believe it can be for up to 3 years.  

Jaylen should respecfully decline the offer and wait for free agency.  I am confident he will resign with the Celtics for the right price.

I do not think that all of the trade talk changes his goals.  He wants to be here and in Boston. He has said so multiple times.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed Jul 27, 2022 4:32 pm

He will re-sign with Boston for a Max or SuperMax contract depending on lis selection to All Star teams. he was screwed out of a spot this year.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Wed Jul 27, 2022 6:30 pm

Kevin Durant on the Celtics? I just don’t see it. Isn’t he super sensitive to everything said about him? The sports media in Boston would have a field day with him. This would be the most difficult place for him to play. Heck, Cowens would rent a plane towing a sign saying “Durant is a pansy!” when he showed up.

I guess the Nets wouldn’t need his permission to trade him here, but could Brad think for even a moment Durant would thrive here?

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Jul 27, 2022 6:47 pm

bobc33 wrote:Kevin Durant on the Celtics?  I just don’t see it.  Isn’t he super sensitive to everything said about him?  The sports media in Boston would have a field day with him.  This would be the most difficult place for him to play.  Heck, Cowens would rent a plane towing a sign saying “Durant is a pansy!” when he showed up.

I guess the Nets wouldn’t need his permission to trade him here, but could Brad think for even a moment Durant would thrive here?

Bob,

NY media is even more brutal. And I don't think Cowens' banner would say 'pansy', not unless there's auto-correct in effect there too.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:36 pm

He’s not worthy to be part of this organization.

He’s a f u ( k ! n p u $ $ y

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by atcross Wed Jul 27, 2022 8:13 pm

My worthless two cents: KD is a great player. But you don't fix what ain't broken. Two kids came within two wins of a banner. Next year they will be more experienced and have two exceptional bench players added to the rotation. And who knows how well KD would fit with JT and MS (assuming they didn't trade him too.) And as we know GSW won without KD but KD without GSW couldn't get past the first round. So we are left with aging superstar with a very high price tag. Makes no sense.

atcross

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Wed Jul 27, 2022 8:25 pm

For everyone that wants Brown to stay and play out his career here as a Celtic, I’m with you. Nothing would be better than to see THIS team take that next step TOGETHER and win a title next year and maybe one or 2 more.
Brown indicates that he likes it in Boston and wants to stay. Thats sounds good and I hope that he means it. Him saying the right things is the right and smart thing to do. I hope its true but I’m not convinced just because someone said he said it. I wouldn't be totally convinced if I hear him say it. I’m not that naive. I’m not intimating that he’s being untruthful I’m just not convinced. If he does kick rocks after indicating that he’s staying I still wouldn't be upset with him (unless he goes to the Lakers and then he’s officially dead to me). I wasn't upset when Kiarrhea lied about staying. Everything else he did or didn't do upset me but him changing his mind or lying wasn't that big of a deal to me. But thats just me.
Some here are convinced by hearing that Brown told someone that he likes it here means he’s in for the long haul and I hope everyone who does is right. I wanna a win a title with THIS team but I honestly think he’s gone in 2 years. I hope the hell not.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next