kdp59
dboss
bobheckler
17 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Draft Pick #1 - 6 - Page 7 Empty Re: Draft Pick #1 - 6

Post by arambone Thu May 19, 2016 10:34 am

Many/most Celtics fans can't stand Olynyk because he's soft, so much so that they don't appreciate at all that he's extremely mobile on defense and actually an average/above average defender because of his mobility.

And yet so many Celtics fans want Bender, who is much softer, an even worse rebounder. Why do they want him? Because they love his mobility on defense, which is about the same as Olynyk's mobility on defense. They even have the same vertical leap numbers.

These same fans would flip the F out once they saw Bender on the court. They'd say "grab a freaking rebound Bender!", and "This guy's so soft! Danny's an idiot!"

arambone

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Thu May 19, 2016 12:12 pm

Trade the #3 pick to Philly for Okafor?

http://www.csnne.com/boston-celtics/gary-tanguay-boston-celtics-should-trade-for-jahlil-okafor-if-they-can

Yes.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Thu May 19, 2016 12:24 pm

steve3344 wrote:Trade the #3 pick to Philly for Okafor?

http://www.csnne.com/boston-celtics/gary-tanguay-boston-celtics-should-trade-for-jahlil-okafor-if-they-can

Yes.

On paper this looks like a good idea for both teams.
But I don't think Philly is going to trade Okafor until they know if Embiid will ever play.
Simmons is a point forward. If they draft him, the need for a PG is not as critical.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Thu May 19, 2016 12:27 pm

tjmakz wrote:

Yes.

On paper this looks like a good idea for both teams.
But I don't think Philly is going to trade Okafor until they know if Embiid will ever play.
Simmons is a point forward. If they draft him, the need for a PG is not as critical.

Last week "Joel Embiid tweeted that he'll be ready when the 2016-17 season begins."

http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/nba/2288/joel-embiid

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Thu May 19, 2016 1:19 pm

Yes to Okafor, in a heartbeat.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu May 19, 2016 1:37 pm

Hate to be a wet blanket but we should never listen to any ides from Tanguay. He is a moron.

Okafor..hummm isn't he the player that was brawling in the streets of Boston?

I would trade the #3 pick for a superstar (we would have to include some players) Otherwise i am keeping the pick and I am drafting Buddy Hield. Okafor is not what this team needs.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu May 19, 2016 2:05 pm

Bill Simmons' thoughts on what Philly might do if Ben Simmons does unto them what Kris Dunn is talking about doing unto us. Remember, he's the guy who did a fist pump when Danny took James Young two years ago too.

http://www.csnne.com/boston-celtics/bill-simmons-could-cs-wind-no-1-pick-if-ben-simmons-nixes-philly

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Thu May 19, 2016 2:18 pm

I agree with Simmons that we should play the long game and not be in a rush to greatness in 2016. Factor in next year's draft into our development plan.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Thu May 19, 2016 2:22 pm

worcester wrote:I agree with Simmons that we should play the long game and not be in a rush to greatness in 2016. Factor in next year's draft into our development plan.

Getting to switch picks with the Nets should definitely get us another Top 5 pick next year. And another decent chance of winning the lottery. Nets are gonna suck again with no first round pick this year, very little money to sign anyone and not being able to provide a winning environment to lure anyone.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Thu May 19, 2016 2:25 pm

Nets will be the gift that keeps on giving...much like the Herschel Walker trade for Dallas.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu May 19, 2016 3:27 pm

Net Fans must be sick. Knight has to be the dumbest GM in all of sports.

I figured out why Michael Jordan refused all those picks that Danny wanted to give him. He probably thought that Danny was trying to fleece him. Little did he know that it was Danny and the Celtics who would have been fleeced.

It is just like the game of basketball. You get the ball as a result of a turnover and you give it right back to the other team.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Thu May 19, 2016 3:47 pm

Yes.

IF he brings up Stauskas too, I'm thinking he's just reading some of my posts here.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu May 19, 2016 5:55 pm

Kd---In total agreement with you about Tanguay, but I will throw that idiot Draper in with it. The other night Felger said to Draper, "we know you are a Philly guy at heart, certainly not a "green teamer", so tell us that you think the Celtics are screwed!". Really great turning on a Celtics channel and listening to them rip the Celts top to bottom. I know Comcast was probably the only game in town, but, as a Celtics fan, it makes me sick to see them represented by such fools. Come on Grousebeck, do something about this and give us proper representation on game nights. I may be a "homer" but listening to these guys drives me nuts.

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by arambone Thu May 19, 2016 6:07 pm

I think Comcast is owned/operated by Philly Guys

arambone

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Fri May 20, 2016 1:16 am

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/celtics/2016/05/celtics_could_host_talented_pre_draft_workout

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Fri May 20, 2016 9:50 am

My take on the "let's get Okafor" theme floated by Tanguay and others.

This is the kind of thing that makes me absolutely crazy; where is there any credible evidence we could, and why would Philly let him get away at this point?  Okafor is maybe the best young center prospect in the game.  Philly owns the services of another, Embiid, whose NBA game is currently a total unknown.  There was the wild rumor we were pursuing Okafor during the season, also grounded in anything but reality.  IF we could get Okafor, heck yeah.  Even Philly may not be that stupid.

As it stands, a great move and something that works out incredibly well for us; with the 3rd pick of the 2016 NBA draft, the Boston Celtics select Buddy Hield, from the University of Oklahoma.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri May 20, 2016 10:36 am

if he is really 6'5" could be worth it, if hes 6'4" or less I don't know if he can get his shot off at the next level.....unless he is that clever a ball handler, read he can defend a little.

another kid that intrigues me a little on film is Jaylen Brown, he can do some Kawhi Leonard athletic type of things, has athleticism to be coached to defend at next level hopefully, a wing like that we don't have.....is he really 6'7"?

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Fri May 20, 2016 10:54 am

Any rumors that we'd trade our #3 for Embiid, or did I just start one?
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Fri May 20, 2016 10:55 am

Cow, I like that 6'7" height.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Fri May 20, 2016 11:17 am

NYCelt wrote:My take on the "let's get Okafor" theme floated by Tanguay and others.

This is the kind of thing that makes me absolutely crazy; where is there any credible evidence we could, and why would Philly let him get away at this point?  Okafor is maybe the best young center prospect in the game.  Philly owns the services of another, Embiid, whose NBA game is currently a total unknown.  There was the wild rumor we were pursuing Okafor during the season, also grounded in anything but reality.  IF we could get Okafor, heck yeah.  Even Philly may not be that stupid.

As it stands, a great move and something that works out incredibly well for us; with the 3rd pick of the 2016 NBA draft, the Boston Celtics select Buddy Hield, from the University of Oklahoma.

there actually were reports that Danny was trying to get him at the trade deadline. Not sure why you feel they were any less credible than the other deals Dannys was trying to make.

IF Embiid is ready to finally play (capital IF) then Phuilly has no minutes for him. Okafor and Noel are both low post players, someone will either sit or be traded. Saric is coming over this year and he may be able to play SF, but more likely is the stretch 4 that is all the rage now...more logjam of big men.

the Colangelo's were not brought in to tank. They WILL be looking for upgraded talent all over their roster this year. so no one will get Okafor for just a draft pick, IMO.

you could say the same thing about any of the vet players supposedly on the trade block (Butler, George, Cousins, etc)...why would their teams do it?

who knows, but Danny needs to pounce if they are willing.

You have a much higher ceiling on Hield than most I think. But I understand, if you think Hield is the next J. Harden why you want to keep the pick. I just disagree that there are any players better than any of the four players I listed here who could possibly be availible in trade. Of course the TOTAL cost to get said player is the tell, as the #3 pick alone gets none of them.

if Danny stands pat and draft Hield( or any of the other guards) at the #3 pick, who's minutes does he take?
where does he get playing time?

like I said if I was Danny i would be shopping this pick for a vet player of star quality OR try to trade up into the #1-2 spot.

Staying at #3 gets us a lesser player than Smart this year, IMO.

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Fri May 20, 2016 1:01 pm

http://www.csnne.com/boston-celtics/danny-ainge-has-never-drafted-a-star-for-the-boston-celtics-michael-felger

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Fri May 20, 2016 1:15 pm

Felger brings out the Trump in me: He's an idiot. He's a loser. Nobody listens to him. He's weak. Low energy. Loser. Loser. Loser.

Meanwhile Bob Ryan makes more sense - http://www.csnne.com/video/bob-ryan-why-celtics-should-shop-no-3-pick
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Fri May 20, 2016 1:21 pm

kdp,

There were reports Danny was trying to get Okafor, but he never said anything about deals he had tried involving Okafor.  I even tried various Philly media at that time.  From anything I could ever find, it was merely conjecture.

I think that drafting Hield would also, by necessity, involve further non-draft moves.  To me, Hield immediately makes Smart or Bradley expendable, and Bradley has the highest trade value of any current player on the roster.  To upgrade the team, drafting a guard who can shoot, score and defend, to add to a mix including IT, Smart and Rozier, works.  Especially when you then can create a package including Bradley and/or other picks (this year or future) and/or roster players who may be expendable (Sully?).  You then can maximize available cash for one solid free agent.

So Hield would be one third of the equation, and possibly the best available player fitting a need we have.  3rd pick, a trade, and a free agent.  We can't improve on last season standing pat, and my thinking is these are the three pieces that give us the best shot at upgrading the roster.

While I can't speak for Danny, that's just the way I would do it. The only thing preventing it is I'm not the GM!

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:08 pm

The Kings are praying Hield falls to them at No. 8. He has been on Vlade Divac and owner Vivek Ranadive’s radar for months and is exactly the sort of player they need — both as a shooter and as a high-character player who is focused on winning. 3 hours ago – via ESPN.com

Steve Kyler: League source said Kings starting to get they won’t be free agent players – expected to be aggressive in trying to trade for improvements. 3 hours ago – via Twitter stevekylerNBA

bob
MY NOTE:  Possible trade possibility for Danny?  Cousins for #3 (Hield) + Amir + Sully works.  It would take more picks, I'm sure, but this one works (especially if they trade the #3 before draft day so it has no cap effect).

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:20 pm

bobheckler wrote:The Kings are praying Hield falls to them at No. 8. He has been on Vlade Divac and owner Vivek Ranadive’s radar for months and is exactly the sort of player they need — both as a shooter and as a high-character player who is focused on winning. 3 hours ago – via ESPN.com

Steve Kyler: League source said Kings starting to get they won’t be free agent players – expected to be aggressive in trying to trade for improvements. 3 hours ago – via Twitter stevekylerNBA

bob
MY NOTE:  Possible trade possibility for Danny?  Cousins for #3 (Hield) + Amir + Sully works.  It would take more picks, I'm sure, but this one works (especially if they trade the #3 before draft day so it has no cap effect).

In a heartbeat.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next