dbrown4
bobheckler
dboss
22 posters

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Hayward trade rumors Empty Hayward trade rumors

Post by dboss Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:00 am

I think this one deserves its' own thread .

CBS sports is reporting that the Pacers have some interest in making a trade for Gordon Hayward

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/pacers-have-interest-in-trading-for-celtics-gordon-hayward-per-report/

Also 98.5 has a piece out there that is flat out wrong with respect to how players are being evaluated

https://985thesportshub.com/2020/10/22/gordon-hayward-trade-rumors-celtics-pacers/

Matt Dolloff, 985TheSportsHub.com  says that if Sabonis and Brogden were part of the deal instead of Turner and some other guys, we would not be getting back starter level players.

The option to get Turner would have to include someone else like TJ Warren or Jeremy Lamb.

My Notes

If the Celtics ended up with Sabonis I would be happy.  Sabonis is not the defensive player that Turner is but Sabonis is better in all other areas including scoring, rebounding and assists.  Brogden would open up the door to move Kemba.

Moving GH makes sense.  He has an opportunity to become at least a #2 on the Pacers. Why pay premium dollars for your 4th option on the team?
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Hayward trade rumors Empty Re: Hayward trade rumors

Post by bobheckler Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:25 am

Quite a synopsis by you, DBoss, given that you've been Gordon's staunchest defenders all year (after Rosalie, of course)

I come up with ideas, just like with everybody else, I like playing amateur GM too but I honestly have no frickin' idea what runs through Danny's head. He's a chessmaster who's looking 3 trades down the road and I'm playing checkers.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:36 am

dboss,

We all know that there are two trains of thought when it comes to Boston doing anything.

1) The general, obvious, makes the most sense consensus train

2) The Danny Train

Normally these two trains of thought are in two completely different universes!

With all the deep, intense knowledge of the hardcore Celtics fans on this site, (and I would put this group of people up against any non-insider group in the world hands down) have any of us ever hit the nail on the head with what Danny as GM actually does in the end? Just curious! That would deserve the highest award and honor the world has ever known!

"Come forth, silent rogue and receive thy prize!" (Bonus points for identifying the movie, of course!)

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:46 am

I know that Rosalie will not be happy with a GH trade.

I blame Danny Ainge for this.  He overspent to sign Kemba Walker and as result the team is set up to have 3 max contracts (JT, GH and KW) plus a near max with Jaylen Brown.

Without investing in our front line, that group of players does not get us to the title.  The financials matter no matter what the owners tell you.

You have to give to get.  If the Celtics have to move a core guy who should it be?  Jayson and Jaylen have both far exceeded expectations and are both still heading up.  Kemba is heading down and Smart and Hayward are holding steady.  It does not make a lot of sense to move Smart if you keep Hayward and Walker because you are still faced with the dilemma of 4 guys eating up the payroll.  Therefore either Hayward or Walker   have to go.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:51 am

dbrown4 wrote:dboss,

We all know that there are two trains of thought when it comes to Boston doing anything.

1)  The general, obvious, makes the most sense consensus train

2)  The Danny Train

Normally these two trains of thought are in two completely different universes!  

With all the deep, intense knowledge of the hardcore Celtics fans on this site, (and I would put this group of people up against any non-insider group in the world hands down) have any of us ever hit the nail on the head with what Danny as GM actually does in the end?  Just curious!  That would deserve the highest award and honor the world has ever known!

"Come forth, silent rogue and receive thy prize!"  (Bonus points for identifying the movie, of course!)  

db

dbrown

A bit of good will is always nice to have.

I have never hit the nail on the head but I have multiple bruised thumbs. Danny has managed to shock the world over and over again.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:15 am

Brogden can play point and he is still ascending, Kemba may have knee issues throughout the rest of his career. Brogden is no where the defensive liability. Salaries don’t match, but I would make that trade, maybe they throw in a Jeremy Lamb....

Last edited by cowens/oldschool on Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:18 am; edited 1 time in total

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:17 am

Hi,
I'd be ecstatic if Danny could swing a trade to get Sabonis. Here's your double-double machine, BTW.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:20 am

sinus007 wrote:Hi,
I'd be ecstatic if Danny could swing a trade to get Sabonis. Here's your double-double machine, BTW.

AK

That would work too. Go big

RWill
Sabonis
Tatum
Brown
Smart

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:27 am

I would not want to see Haywood traded.  The Celtics are at their best when he is healthy, I’m very doubtful we would get equal value back so trading him would make the team worse.

If Gordon was healthy we would have beat Toronto in 4 or 5 games, beaten Miami and had a decent chance of beating the Lakers.

Keep Gordon!

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:41 am

bobc33 wrote:I would not want to see Haywood traded.  The Celtics are at their best when he is healthy, I’m very doubtful we would get equal value back so trading him would make the team worse.

If Gordon was healthy we would have beat Toronto in 4 or 5 games, beaten Miami and had a decent chance of beating the Lakers.

Keep Gordon!

No question when he is at his best, we are at our best. I like him and root for him, but if we can get a still very young Sabonis, we have to do that deal😰😳

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:56 am

bobc33 wrote:I would not want to see Haywood traded.  The Celtics are at their best when he is healthy, I’m very doubtful we would get equal value back so trading him would make the team worse.

Keep Gordon!

bob33

I do not believe a healthy GH would have made a big difference in the Heat series. This team could not seem to figure out how to play against a zone. It was crazy. Plus we could not defend the PNR mainly because of Kemba. Several things went wrong including an injured GH, a less than healthy Kemba Walker and a weak frontline rotation. To win everything has to be clicking. Coaching has to be spot on but it was not. Our rotation lacked the depth to compensate for injuries and Danny is responsible for that. No matter which way you look at it, this season proved once again that the Boston Celtics are still not ready to ascend into championship status.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:59 pm

dboss,

Very subtle answer!  You get points for delivery and creativity!  One of my favorite movies of all time!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:19 pm

where has there been any rumors that the Pacers are willing to move Sabonis?

they signed to him a rookie extension this past season, just like we did with Brown. Hell I was talking about Sabonis before last season started, no one wanted him here then it seemed.

all the rumors I've seen is that Turner could be on the trade block.

if we are just gonna throw out names how about Ainge get Anthony Davis or Giannis?

might as well get an MVP type player or nothing after all.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:40 pm

kdp59 wrote:where has there been any rumors that the Pacers are willing to move Sabonis?

they signed to him a rookie extension this past season, just like we did with Brown. Hell I was talking about Sabonis before last season started, no one wanted him here then it seemed.

all the rumors I've seen is that Turner could be  on the trade block.

if we are just gonna throw out names how about Ainge get Anthony Davis or   Giannis?

might as well get an MVP type player or nothing after all.

kdp59

Your are correct.

I have not seen any Sabonis rumors either. There is an assumption that if Danny moved Hayward, Turner would be the main guy coming back. I personally do not like Turner better than Sabonis.

As far as AD is concerned, you cannot make a trade for a player that does not want to play for Boston. The same can be said for Giannis.

If I recall and correct me if I am wrong, you had an interest in trading Jaylen for Sabonis. It was not a knock on Sabonis, at least from my perspective, it was about the value of Jaylen Brown to this team.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:48 pm

yep...and thats what it would take to get the Pacers to look at moving Sabonis then.

since they gave him the extension, they must feel about him like the Celtics fell about Brown.

so i guess it was a checkmate there, neither one is being moved.....which is my point about AD or Giannis. They are not coming here either. (though in theory the Celtics "could" trade for Giannis since he has no "no trade" clause right now).

we are not getting an all- star level big man anytime soon here.

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:12 pm

The Pacers have a new coach coming in so part of what they do should to some degree reflect on what he sees and wants from his roster.  

I think that they would move Turner before Saboinis.  They also like Olidipo and have already discussed an extension with him.  So perhaps they are looking to put together a big 3 of GH, Sabonis and Olidipo.  

Now that trio is not really a big 3 but I can see where they would be a solid 3 prong offensive attack.

The best case scenario for Boston would be to resign GH to a 3-4 year deal in the $20 million range.   He could later become a tradeable asset.  Or they could just decide to keep him.  Who knows?  GH could probably get more from his hometown Pacers.  

It seems likely that Boston will make a trade around 11/18 with a player or players to be named later.

Last edited by dboss on Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:02 am; edited 1 time in total
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:15 pm

A very unpopular move, I do not care what is said here. Jaylen Brown is a player the Celtics do not want to give up, period. Where did Sabonis come into these rumors?? This is wishful thinking on some members here. I have heard nothing about Sabonis.

I have read the rumors about Hayward. I feel just as Bob C. If Hayward was healthy they would have had a much stronger chance of beating Miami. Dboss....if I remember correctly, in our Zoom call, YOU called for a sweep or a 4-1 win for Miami. No one had a chance you said. I tempered your enthusiasm by saying that you were under estimating the Heat and how good they were playing. You said, you had no worry, even without Gordon, they would win

Gordon Hayward is more valuable to this team than he is being given credit for. The season he had was close to what we wanted. He is the right player to play with this group, unselfish doing whatever is needed to win. If Turner was so valuable why was he on the bench so much????

I stand with GH, if he decides to leave, then Danny will find a way of making it work to his advantage, but I do not think this is going to happen. (unless family issues make the decision more difficult for him to stay in Boston) There is unfinished business here in Boston, I just do not see him walking.

Go ahead, start the ripping........
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:04 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:A very unpopular move, I do not care what is said here.  Jaylen Brown is a player the Celtics do not want to give up, period.  Where did Sabonis come into these rumors??  This is wishful thinking on some members here. I have heard nothing about Sabonis.  

I have read the rumors about Hayward.  I feel just as Bob C.  If Hayward was healthy they would have had a much stronger chance of beating Miami.  Dboss....if I remember correctly, in our Zoom call, YOU called for a sweep or a 4-1 win for Miami.  No one had a chance you said. I tempered your enthusiasm by saying that you were under estimating the Heat and how good they were playing.  You said, you had no worry, even without Gordon, they would win  

Gordon Hayward is more valuable to this team than he is being given credit for. The season he had was close to what we wanted.  He is the right player to play with this group, unselfish doing whatever is needed to win.  If Turner was so valuable why was he on the bench so much????

I stand with GH, if he decides to leave, then Danny will find a way of making it work to his advantage, but I do not think this is going to happen. (unless family issues make the decision more difficult for him to stay in Boston)  There is unfinished business here in Boston, I just do not see him walking.  

Hayward trade rumors Yin-ya10

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:59 pm

Are any of these Indiana rumors actually real?? As far as I can tell, the underlying logic always seems to come down to some version of "because Gordon is from Indiana, somehow that makes him.a good fit"?? I don't think any gm actually operates on that type of logic.

I think we have too much money tied up at the wing position, and something inevitably has to give, but I just don't see Indiana giving up young talent for a injury prone older player getting near max money who could walk after one year.

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:45 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:A very unpopular move, I do not care what is said here.  Jaylen Brown is a player the Celtics do not want to give up, period.  Where did Sabonis come into these rumors??  This is wishful thinking on some members here. I have heard nothing about Sabonis.  

I have read the rumors about Hayward.  I feel just as Bob C.  If Hayward was healthy they would have had a much stronger chance of beating Miami.  Dboss....if I remember correctly, in our Zoom call, YOU called for a sweep or a 4-1 win for Miami.  No one had a chance you said. I tempered your enthusiasm by saying that you were under estimating the Heat and how good they were playing.  You said, you had no worry, even without Gordon, they would win  

Gordon Hayward is more valuable to this team than he is being given credit for. The season he had was close to what we wanted.  He is the right player to play with this group, unselfish doing whatever is needed to win.  If Turner was so valuable why was he on the bench so much????

I stand with GH, if he decides to leave, then Danny will find a way of making it work to his advantage, but I do not think this is going to happen. (unless family issues make the decision more difficult for him to stay in Boston)  There is unfinished business here in Boston, I just do not see him walking.  

Rosalie I did predict a 4-1 sweep.  At the time I had no idea that our defense would falter or that we did not learn enough about playing against a zone from the Raptors series.  I also felt GH would have been much better and likewise for Kemba.  After we dropped game two I realized just how good the Heat were.  I was shocked at how well they played together given the huge contributions from their pups.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:47 pm

Shamrock1000 wrote:Are any of these Indiana rumors actually real?? As far as I can tell, the underlying logic always seems to come down to some version of "because Gordon is from Indiana, somehow that makes him.a good fit"?? I don't think any gm actually operates on that type of logic.

I think we have too much money tied up at the wing position, and something inevitably has to give, but I just don't see Indiana giving up young talent for a injury prone older player getting near max money who could walk after one year.
They are as real as you think that they are.  I am sure we will find out more when FA begins.  Then we can have another round prognostications.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by JerzeyCfan Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:37 am

dboss wrote:I know that Rosalie will not be happy with a GH trade.

I blame Danny Ainge for this.  He overspent to sign Kemba Walker and as result the team is set up to have 3 max contracts (JT, GH and KW) plus a near max with Jaylen Brown.

Without investing in our front line, that group of players does not get us to the title.  The financials matter no matter what the owners tell you.

You have to give to get.  If the Celtics have to move a core guy who should it be?  Jayson and Jaylen have both far exceeded expectations and are both still heading up.  Kemba is heading down and Smart and Hayward are holding steady.  It does not make a lot of sense to move Smart if you keep Hayward and Walker because you are still faced with the dilemma of 4 guys eating up the payroll.  Therefore either Hayward or Walker   have to go.

Looking through the eyes of an owner and general manager do you think they will offer Tatum a max contract? No question he is a tremendous player with a terrific upside. I do not envy Danny and all the GM's in the NBA. Their job is way harder than what Red had to work with when Celtics were dominant. The unknown is 3R's and 2P's. Revenue, Ratings. Rioting, Pandemic and Politics. All are factors that need to address unless owners do not have a priority of making money. Maybe the Political factor does not bother many on this board but it sure does me! Let's see how ratings change this year. By the way, this is the first year I have not listened to the Celtics (playoffs)either by radio or TV since I was a little boy. By the way I have access to NBA league for free and did not take advantage of it. I hope all are well and staying safe.
JerzeyCfan
JerzeyCfan

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:41 am

Shamrock1000 wrote:Are any of these Indiana rumors actually real?? As far as I can tell, the underlying logic always seems to come down to some version of "because Gordon is from Indiana, somehow that makes him.a good fit"?? I don't think any gm actually operates on that type of logic.

almost nothing is real when it comes to rumors in the off-season...LOL.

most are from websites that are more fan sites than real news or sports sites. Kinda like me or others here playing off-season GM.

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:48 am

JerzeyCfan wrote:
dboss wrote:I know that Rosalie will not be happy with a GH trade.

Looking through the eyes of an owner and general manager do you think they will offer Tatum a max contract?  No question he is a tremendous player with a terrific upside.  I do not envy Danny and all the GM's in the NBA.  Their job is way harder than what Red had to work with when Celtics were dominant.  The unknown is 3R's and 2P's.  Revenue, Ratings. Rioting, Pandemic and Politics.  All are factors that need to address unless owners do not have a priority of making money.  Maybe the Political factor does not bother many on this board but it sure does me!  Let's see how ratings change this year.  By the way, this is the first year I have not listened to the Celtics (playoffs)either by radio or TV since I was a little boy.  By the way I have access to NBA league for free and did not take advantage of it.  I hope all are well and staying safe.

then why are you here?

since you don't watch or follow the Celtics because of your political views anymore.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by JerzeyCfan Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:59 am

I never said I would not follow the Celtics but did say I will not watch or pay to support the NBA in anyway. Kinda like what Sam did when he started the board because the Globe got too political. Larry Bird is not coming back to save them this time. Let's see how this transpires. I am no fortune teller.
JerzeyCfan
JerzeyCfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next