dbrown4
bobheckler
dboss
22 posters

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Hayward trade rumors - Page 2 Empty Re: Hayward trade rumors

Post by kdp59 Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:32 am

RosalieTCeltics wrote:A very unpopular move, I do not care what is said here.  Jaylen Brown is a player the Celtics do not want to give up, period.  Where did Sabonis come into these rumors??  This is wishful thinking on some members here. I have heard nothing about Sabonis.  

I have read the rumors about Hayward.  I feel just as Bob C.  If Hayward was healthy they would have had a much stronger chance of beating Miami.  Dboss....if I remember correctly, in our Zoom call, YOU called for a sweep or a 4-1 win for Miami.  No one had a chance you said. I tempered your enthusiasm by saying that you were under estimating the Heat and how good they were playing.  You said, you had no worry, even without Gordon, they would win  

Gordon Hayward is more valuable to this team than he is being given credit for. The season he had was close to what we wanted.  He is the right player to play with this group, unselfish doing whatever is needed to win.  If Turner was so valuable why was he on the bench so much????

I stand with GH, if he decides to leave, then Danny will find a way of making it work to his advantage, but I do not think this is going to happen. (unless family issues make the decision more difficult for him to stay in Boston)  There is unfinished business here in Boston, I just do not see him walking.  

Go ahead, start the ripping........

I wouldn't worry about Hayward being traded, I think there is little chance of anything happening myself. The reason people uses his name is more likely because his contract has the value that could bring a better player back than most, not much more to it than that IMO.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:51 am

JerzeyCfan wrote:I never said I would not follow the Celtics but did say I will not watch or pay to support the NBA in anyway.  Kinda like what Sam did when he started the board because the Globe got too political.  Larry Bird is not coming back to save them this time.  Let's see how this transpires.  I am no fortune teller.

Sam started this board because BDC had become toxic, mean-spirited and troll-ridden. The BDC Celtics board was not particularly political. You cannot equate your decisions based on our current political divisions with Sam's decision to create a "convivial" environment for Celtics discussion. I don't suppose you see the irony of claiming you don't like the politics in professional sports, and then coming to a message board dedicated to a professional sport and making politically inflammatory statements? Ughh...I am regretting this post as I type it because this type of stuff puts a big smile on Vladimir Putin's face.

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:16 pm

JerzeyCfan wrote:I never said I would not follow the Celtics but did say I will not watch or pay to support the NBA in anyway.  Kinda like what Sam did when he started the board because the Globe got too political.  Larry Bird is not coming back to save them this time.  Let's see how this transpires.  I am no fortune teller.
Please do not mention what you do or feel in comparison to Sam.

I knew Sam. You are no Sam.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:36 pm

JerzeyCfan,

Just as a friendly reminder:

Unless an exception is cleared by an administrator, topics will be confined primarily to basketball.

Politics, religion, social issues and the like are NOT allowed here.  I suggest that you play nicely.

We created this place in order to talk about the Celtics and basketball in a troll-free, friendly, convivial manner.  Most members around these parts understand this and comply, or eventually they don't come around these parts.

Thank you for your understanding.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by JerzeyCfan Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:11 pm

Gyso, I appreciate the friendly reminder but saying that I am not interested in the NBA is not political on my part. The political part is endorsing such nonsense. The political part is the NBA itself and what it has become, Just about every one of you have given your left thinking opinion at one time or another. Post are never deleted only when another thought is present. No different than ESPN which started like that and ended up with a leftist agenda and no ratings, Similar to CNN!

Dboss- Many of you have deducted by your own thought process and made up things I said. First of all I did not know Sam and never said anything that I was like Sam. If you dont understand my logic that is not my problem but dont make up things that I said I am like Sam. That makes you look like a clown!

Finally, if you consider me a troll please shut me out of this forum. It really does not matter to me one way or another at this point! The only thing I did was use a word called politics which anyone that runs a business needs to consider including GMs. If you dont want to consider the reality the NBA is facing keep your little world to yourself!
JerzeyCfan
JerzeyCfan

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:14 pm

Riots in the NBA? What diid I miss ? Must have been a Quiet Riot.   Rolling Eyes Sleep Question
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by JerzeyCfan Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:21 pm

jrleftfoot wrote:Riots in the NBA? What diid I miss ? Must have been a Quiet Riot.   Rolling Eyes Sleep Question

Very clever nitwit! How many families will be going into NYC now to a game? Women want to know they will be safe. I was in two weeks ago and it looks like we are in a depression. The financial capital of the world is done! I am not responding to knuckheads!

Peace out and done here Basketball
JerzeyCfan
JerzeyCfan

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:33 pm

JerzeyCfan wrote:

Finally, if you consider me a troll please shut me out of this forum.  It really does not matter to me one way or another at this point!  The only thing I did was use a word called politics which anyone that runs a business needs to consider including GMs.  If you dont want to consider the reality the NBA is facing keep your little world to yourself!

DONE

That will officially be the last post anyone here will see from Jerzey. That was taken care of as soon as I read his last post.

I'm leaving the topic unlocked in the event he comes back in as a guest to read the follow-up to his comments. Guests can't post, of course, and he's no longer a forum member.

My bet is he does check in as a guest for a look and I think he's done it before after an outrageous post or two. So I'd like him to know, as he's been told, he knows nothing about Sam and little if anything about the membership of this forum. He does seem to know how to create an argument where none exists and I suspect he's an outstanding writer of fiction.

Thanks to those who responded to his nonsense with class and some humor too.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:18 pm

I bet we all have very strong beliefs about what is going on in our country and with an election coming up in 10 days.
This is just not the forum to express our beliefs.
This is about basketball and prob 90% is Celtics related.
If we don’t agree and don’t want to follow the rules, it’s time to go.
There are endless other places to share our opinions online.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:42 am

JerzeyCfan wrote:
jrleftfoot wrote:Riots in the NBA? What diid I miss ? Must have been a Quiet Riot.   Rolling Eyes Sleep Question

Very clever nitwit!  How many families will be going into NYC now to a game?  Women want to know they will be safe.  I was in two weeks ago and it looks like we are in a depression.  The financial capital of the world is done!  I am not responding to knuckheads!

Peace out and done here Basketball [/quote                                                                                                                                                      
                My dad wanted to name me nitwit, but mom felt that would be nitpicking, so she insisted on john patrick
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:51 am

JerzeyCfan wrote:

Peace out and done here Basketball

cheers

cheers

bounce
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:17 am

Well, "Things escalated rather quickly!"  (Here's another quote I'm pretty sure of from the humorous side of Hollywood since it appears Rosalie was not a very big Good Will Hunting fan!  Sorry, Rosalie!  This may be in two movies now that I think about it)

I like JerzeyFan.  He's been through a lot this year as we all have and we all cannot wait for the ball to drop on 2020 come 12/31 at midnight and hopefully see new light and life.  

Here are the facts as I see them:

1)  COVID-19 is still here and ain't going anywhere

2)  This is a general election year

3)  Human nature, despite rules to the contrary, will always bring us up to the line in the sand and we will either vociferously orate from there, blur the line and/or jump over the line for a few seconds to see if there is anyone on the other side and then jump back quickly if there is any barking, etc.

4)  The NBA has taken a stance whether what evolved was their initial intention.  (not going to use the "p" word but it's there between the lines) They knew the risk(s) going in in taking its stance and they are living with that choice and appear to be doing very well with that choice.  For what reason(s)?  A lot are obvious and a lot not so obvious.  They will all come out in the wash.

5)  The election will be over in 10 days for the most part and a new slate of representatives will begin their trek.

6)  A lot is lost in translation on a blog site.  

"These are the facts and they are indisputable." (OK, I can't help myself with the movie quotes!)  

We are all very skilled writers on this site and can creatively express our opinions like the songwriters of the 60's and every generation after that were able to to get their point(s) across.

But something crazy happens in the years that are divisible by 4. We (corporate "we", that is) literally lock ourselves into our position and do not budge.  In just about every facet of our lives, too.  

Not really sure this is what the forefathers had in mind.  Debate, like on this site, should be convivial.  Not accusatory or judgmental.  Thank God these general elections are only once every 4 years.  I could go for 8 myself.  But as humans, we can't help ourselves.  Everyone wants to be heard.  Let me repeat that...EVERYONE wants to be heard.  This should ring familiar...very familiar.      

So what does all this have to do with JerzeyFan?  I think we all marched up to the fence in one way or another.  Some things were said, implied, etc.  Let's chalk it up to this unprecedented year, a year that will probably never repeat itself for many, many generations.  

What I've learned from all this year and everything in it?  Sit down with JerzeyFan one-on-one via zoom or text or email or however.  If you still feel the way you do and have walked in his shoes for a few seconds or minutes or hours or days or years, do what you must.  For what my vote counts, I say we all grant a little leeway based upon the circumstances of 2020.  Funny how it's "2020".  Absolutely nothing visionarily clear about this year  AT ALL!  (I know.  Not a word but it works!)

Anyway.  Love and respect to all!          

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:29 am

As always, Dboss with wise, timely, magnanimous, and graceful post. Well said my friend.

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:56 pm

tjmakz wrote:I bet we all have very strong beliefs about what is going on in our country and with an election coming up in 10 days.
This is just not the forum to express our beliefs.
This is about basketball and prob 90% is Celtics related.
If we don’t agree and don’t want to follow the rules, it’s time to go.
There are endless other places to share our opinions online.

TJ,

Well said, my friend, and exactly so.  We don't talk politics and religion on this site, there's just too many emotions associated with both for it to remain convivial and constructive.

Take it outside.

Bob

Last edited by bobheckler on Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:14 pm

I will only say that I am proud to follow the Boston Celtics and proud of the way they have stepped up during this time of unrest. This is not to say I do not support police. My husband worked for the police for years and years, he is a DAV, served his time in VietNam, and has been involved with helping people for years. That is where I think we are separating. It is not necessarily a political move the NBA is making, it is a humanitarian move.

Everyone is entitled to their own thoughts, but this has gotten far away from the purpose of this board..
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:52 pm

Um . . .

How 'bout those Sox?

I don't think Hayward is going anywhere.  IMO, Danny's gonna tweak the current roster with a couple small roster-clearing trades and play with the draft.

But what do I know?

Back to top Go down

Post by KyleCleric Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:22 pm

gyso wrote:Um . . .

How 'bout those Sox?

I don't think Hayward is going anywhere.  IMO, Danny's gonna tweak the current roster with a couple small roster-clearing trades and play with the draft.

But what do I know?

I would guess that is most likely what the Cs do this offseason.

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:05 pm

I think he wants to give him every chance to prove not only he was right, but that Hayward is a worthwhile investment.

Sox??? who are they??? Do you wear colored ones??? How about Mookie?????????
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:56 pm

gyso wrote:Um . . .

How 'bout those Sox?

But what do I know?

If I’m an opposing GM do I really want GH or Kemba? Both come with risks, I certainly wouldn’t give up a young player like Sabonis for either. So without getting equal value for either, there’s a very good chance we will be using our picks again. The player I’m hoping for at 14 is Isaiah Stewart.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:22 pm

I feel the same way about Oladipo. How are they sure he will come back and be the dynamic player he was before he got hurt.

I think all of this is just wishful thinking on most parts. No where have I ever read Sabonis is even on the table. I really wonder what Danny is thinking. I do think he knows that young players are not what this team needs.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:38 am

RosalieTCeltics wrote:I feel the same way about Oladipo.  How are they sure he will come back and be the dynamic player he was before he got hurt.

I think all of this is just wishful thinking on most parts. No where have I ever read Sabonis is even on the table.  I really wonder what Danny is thinking. I do think he knows that young players are not what this team needs.

We will see, I have no problem with Danny using all 3 picks, then afterwards we can sort out the abundance of 1st and 2nd year players and get rid of or further trade some young ins and dead weight. Veterans like Olidipo, Cousins all come with risks and even young veterans like Turner, I am not enamored with his contract/value or game.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:55 am

I would like to keep GH on an $80/4 years contract. I'd also like us to get a center and a rookie PG to backup Kemba and Wanny. I would also like to find a shipwreck with $24M in gold, and soon!
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:32 am

worcester wrote:I would like to keep GH on an $80/4 years contract. I'd also like us to get a center and a  rookie PG to backup Kemba and Wanny. I would also like to find a shipwreck with $24M in gold, and soon!

so.....$12M wouldn't be enough?

Very Happy

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:40 am

I have to split the gold with my dive partners, so $24 M. Enough to pay Marcus' salary for a couple of years.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:40 pm

worcester wrote:I have to split the gold with my dive partners, so $24 M. Enough to pay Marcus' salary for a couple of years.

W -

One more issue; you have to declare the value of found gold and pay tax on it.

You're in FL right? No personal income tax, but the Fed bite is going to be a good 40% or so on that $24 mil value.

That's not going to be enough to pay Marcus after your split and have a little mad money for you. That new Lamborghini ain't coming cheap you know.

Maybe better to lose the partners and see if you can pick up a couple lower cost employees in the labor market.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next