dbrown4
bobheckler
dboss
22 posters

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Hayward trade rumors - Page 5 Empty Re: Hayward trade rumors

Post by worcester Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:23 pm

No way GH wants to leave his family to play in China or even more unlikely to take them to China.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:22 pm

Just trying to put a little humor in this long, drawn out storyline!!!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:52 am

well, we should know soon what Hayward wants to do. Reality is it is in his hands right now.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:52 am

Sorry Rosalie. I take most things too literally.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:38 am

RosalieTCeltics wrote:Just trying to put a little humor in this long, drawn out storyline!!!

That was a good one!

It's just as likely as some of the other rumors about Hayward's future. drunken

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:48 am

I just could not resist, as I have said, I cannot wait for it all to be over, one way or the other. I love Gordon, will be disappointed if he goes, but.....I AM A CELTIC!!!!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:20 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:Oh my God, he is adorable.  He is so big already!!!! Watch out, they grow up so fast. We have to get you up here soon to see him!!!!!

Rosalie

Yes he is getting big. We cannot wait to go to Boston.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:31 pm

Am I wrong, or wasn't Friday 11/6 the deadline for opting in or out?

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:17 pm

I have been looking for that information all weekend. I wonder if it is now just when free agency starts????
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:49 pm

bobheckler wrote:Am I wrong, or wasn't Friday 11/6 the deadline for opting in or out?

Bob

Bob,  

There have been no transactions allowed since the end of the Finals.
If the players and league agree on all the changes tomorrow, then transactions should be able to start on Tuesday.

The only date we know for sure is the draft on 11/18.
The proposed start to free agency is 11/20.
The proposed start to training camps is 12/1.
The proposed start to the season is 12/22.
We don’t know yet about deadlines for player and team options.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:39 am

https://boston.cbslocal.com/2020/11/13/celtics-rumors-pacers-gordon-hayward-myles-turner-trade-nba/

Report: Celtics, Pacers Have Discussed Hayward-For-Turner Swap

November 13, 2020 at 8:33 am

By Matthew Geagan, CBS Boston

BOSTON (CBS) — There have been a number of Celtics trade rumors circulating over the last week or so, but a swap with the Pacers for center Myles Turner has been going around for even longer. That rumor is starting to pick up even more steam with next week’s NBA Draft fast approaching.

According to Evan Massey of the NBA Analysis Network, the Celtics and the Pacers have discussed the framework of a Turner-for-Gordon-Hayward swap. Other pieces would have to be involved in the deal, with Massey reporting that Boston would send the 14th overall pick in the draft and Hayward to Indy for the talented big man.

The deal would likely have to include another player coming from Indy to Boston — or to a third team — to match Hayward’s salary. Hayward has a $34 million player option for next season, which he’d obviously have to pick up for the trade to go through. There have been rumblings of him wanting to play for his hometown Pacers and that he could possibly opt out of his final year in Boston, so at least this way the Celtics get something in return for the forward.

Evan Massey
@massey_evan
The #Celtics and #Pacers have discussed the framework of a Myles Turner for Gordon Hayward swap. Other pieces would be included. Something to keep a close eye on.
11:21 AM · Nov 12, 2020

Evan Massey
@massey_evan
More details on the #Celtics and #Pacers discussions for Myles Turner. Gordon Hayward and No. 14 pick is the likely offer. Both sides seem intrigued by the deal.
12:26 PM · Nov 12, 2020

The inclusion of the No. 14 pick is interesting because the Celtics were reportedly looking to trade all three of their first-round picks (Nos. 14, 26 and 30) for a Top 10 selection, which they’d then send to the New Orleans Pelicans for Jrue Holiday. A Turner trade involving the pick would obviously put an end to that extremely enticing rumor.

As for Turner, the 24-year-old center would certainly be an upgrade in the paint for Boston. He averaged 12.1 points, 6.6 rebounds and 2.1 blocks per game last season, which were down a bit from his numbers in 2018-19, but he’s been a pretty consistent big man over his five-year career. He led the NBA at 2.7 blocks per game in 2018-19, and that protection in the paint is something that Boston sorely needed against opposing bigs throughout the postseason.

Hayward trade rumors - Page 5 Myles-turner
Indiana Pacers center Myles Turner blocks a shot by Miami Heat forward Bam Adebayo. (Photo by Ashley Landis-Pool/Getty Images)

He’s also not a bad shooter, shooting 49 percent from the floor for his career. Turner can even pop out and hit the occasional three, shooting 36 percent from downtown. He shot 34 percent from three-point range last season on a career-high four attempts per game.

Maybe the most intriguing part of Turner is the price tag. He’s signed through three more seasons with an annual salary of $18 million, which is pretty modest by NBA standards.

Celtics fans know to take every rumor with a grain of salt, considering 97 percent of the Celtics rumors we’ve heard since Danny Ainge took over have ended up being just rumors. But this rumor has had legs for a while, and it seems like those legs are starting to run toward the hoop.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:53 am

Bob I like this, we would still have Theis and RWill, could hope we get lucky with a guard or wing at 26 and 30 and hope Romeo can make big growth. We would have plenty of bigs, I wanted Turner the year he got drafted. Turner would get a lot of easy dump offs from penetration, he can definitely protect the rim, has an outside shot, but weak post up.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:01 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:Bob I like this, we would still have Theis and RWill, could hope we get lucky with a guard or wing at 26 and 30 and hope Romeo can make big growth. We would have plenty of bigs, I wanted Turner the year he got drafted. Turner would get a lot of easy dump offs from penetration, he can definitely protect the rim, has an outside shot, but weak post up.

Cow,

You wanted Myles Turner BEFORE he got drafted. I remember talking with you on the phone about him, because your kids went to Purdue.

He's a rim protector but he is weak down low. He's a stretch 5. He doesn't fix our Kanter loss, if he leaves.

Tacko? I'm not sure he's ready for prime time but he has the size and beef to hold his ground against the monsters of the league but does he have the skills?

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:06 pm

bobheckler wrote:
cowens/oldschool wrote:Bob I like this, we would still have Theis and RWill, could hope we get lucky with a guard or wing at 26 and 30 and hope Romeo can make big growth. We would have plenty of bigs, I wanted Turner the year he got drafted. Turner would get a lot of easy dump offs from penetration, he can definitely protect the rim, has an outside shot, but weak post up.

Cow,

You wanted Myles Turner BEFORE he got drafted.  I remember talking with you on the phone about him, because your kids went to Purdue.

He's a rim protector but he is weak down low.  He's a stretch 5.  He doesn't fix our Kanter loss, if he leaves.

Tacko?  I'm not sure he's ready for prime time but he has the size and beef to hold his ground against the monsters of the league but does he have the skills?

Bob

I know, he has no post up game and a kid I love that has a touch and physicality is Isaiah Stewart, love his game, just dump him the ball, has some Moses and Bernard King in him....in a perfect world RWill could stay healthy and defend like Turner. If we made this trade would still support it.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:46 pm

A trade with Indy involving GH and our #14 pick ($4.4 million value approximately) would work with Turner, Lamb and McDermott coming back or substitute TJ Warren for Lamb.

This trade would required 2 additional roster spots plus the Celtics would still have 3 draft picks left.

Let's put this in context.  Some of what we are reading is not new and the source of this rehashed rumor is Evan Massey.  I would say that given this source we are still in the speculative mode.  Until we see something where the direct source is connected with the Pacers, I would consider this as just another rumor.

On paper this trade would work for Boston although I am not as high on Turner as others are. Lamb is an average (33% career shooter from Deep but McDermont would be an excellent addition.  I would look for a 3 team trade where Lamb heads elsewhere. However if TJ Warren is the guy instead of Lamb I could live with that. A starting lineup of Walker, Brown Tatum, Warren and Turner would be dynamic provided you can get the chemistry to work. Warren takes around the same # of FGA as Hayward and Turner is on par with Theis. Shot distribution should be fine. I should also mention that Turner was on the USA team with 4 of our core guys so that is a plus.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:50 pm

I'm sticking with Ainge going BIG and getting Turner and Holiday both.

at least until he drafts another wing...LOL.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:53 pm

Turner and Holiday. Do it.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:14 pm

well...I call this one the "with or without you" trade scenario.

Option 1- with Hayward and Kanter opting in:

Ainge works a 3 team trade with Indiana and NO as follows.

Boston gets – M. Turner- Ind and Jrue Holiday-NO
Indiana gets- G. Hayward, Robert Williams , #26 and #30 picks from Bos
NO gets- V. Oladipo – Ind, E. Kanter, C. Edwards and #14 pick from Bos

Boston roster after trade ( by playing time)
Wing- J. Tatum
Wing- J. Brown
Ballhandler- K. Walker
BH.Wing- J. Holiday
BH-Wing- M. Smart
Big- M. Turner
Big- D. Theis
Big- G. Williams
Wing- R. Langford
Big/wing- S. Ojeleye
Rest of the bench:
J. Green
V. Poirier
T. Waters- signed
T. Fall- signed
One roster spot left open for later in the year vet min pick up.
#47 pick- two way player.

Option 2- Hayward and Kanter both opt out

Celtics fall below the tax line and now have the full $9M MLE to use

Ainge still pulls of the “big trade” but with different players

Boston still gets M. Turner and J. Holiday
Indiana gets- K. Walker, R. Langford , #14 and #30 picks
NO gets- V. Oladipo, Robert Williams, #26 pick and TJ McConnell from Ind.

Ainge signs Justin Holiday with the MLE ( or part of it)
B. Wanamaker resigns since we are below the tax line now

Boston roster after trade ( by playing time)

Wing- J. Tatum
Wing- J. Brown
Ball Handler- Jrue Holiday
BH-Wing- M. Smart
Big- M. Turner
Big- D. Theis
Wing- Justin Holiday
Big- G. Williams
Ball Handler- B. Wanamaker
Big/wing- S. Ojeleye

Rest of the bench:
J. Green
C. Edwards
V. Poirier
T. Waters- signed
T. Fall- signed
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:29 pm

Why keep Semi?
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:56 pm

I saw Danny today on a podcast. He seemed very clear that moves will probably be made. He was just too calm for me. So I will sit back and watch Thursday as I see "my guy" probably gone. Oh well, Ray was my guy too!!!!! Life goes on, I hope for his sake that for whatever time he has left in his career he shows the NBA that he is worth it. And then, we move on
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:01 pm

worcester wrote:Why keep Semi?

he's cheap and Brad trusts him

as far as Hayward moving on....who the heck knows!! But I think he will be all in with whatever way things shake out. byt that I mean he and Ainge have talked either if he is staying or IF he wants to move on.

we'll know for sure in a few days at least.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:28 pm

Seems like Gordon and the 14th is too much for Turner....Haven't seen him play much, but looking at his stats, he impacts games less than GH.

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Sat Nov 14, 2020 3:13 pm

Hi,
Here's a new rumor about GH:
https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/celtics/nba-rumors-knicks-interested-celtics-gordon-hayward

I don't know who Danny can get from NYK?

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by KyleCleric Sat Nov 14, 2020 3:40 pm

sinus007 wrote:Hi,
Here's a new rumor about GH:
https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/celtics/nba-rumors-knicks-interested-celtics-gordon-hayward

I don't know who Danny can get from NYK?

AK

Maybe as part of targeting the Knicks 8th pick

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:15 pm

Turner will have to play at a higher level if he comes to Boston. I just don't see him being able to do too much to help the team next season without some serious improvement. With no improvement he will possibly be better than Kanter, but certainly not better than Thies except for being bigger.

Perhaps the Cs will find a way to get more out of him, but giving up a much better all around player like Hayward for him could be a questionable deal (unless Hayward really wants to exit Boston).

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next