dbrown4
bobheckler
dboss
22 posters

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Hayward trade rumors - Page 8 Empty Re: Hayward trade rumors

Post by gyso Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:31 am

If Hayward goes to Atlanta, he can make more money by a sign-and-trade. We can extend him for more with Bird rights. He gives up $$$ by just signing with them as a free agent.

That's what happened when he first came here, he gave up $$$. Utah could have paid him more.

Maybe Ainge is trying to get us out of the luxury tax zone first and make it a good deal for both teams, whoever the other team is.

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:41 am

gyso wrote:If Hayward goes to Atlanta, he can make more money by a sign-and-trade.  We can extend him for more with Bird rights.  He gives up $$$ by just signing with them as a free agent.

That's what happened when he first came here, he gave up $$$.  Utah could have paid him more.

Maybe Ainge is trying to get us out of the luxury tax zone first and make it a good deal for both teams, whoever the other team is.  

that's what I've been thinking. I know fans don't care about paying the tax, but I bet the owners do care. Especially with the lost revenue from last season and the probable lost revenues from this coming season.

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:58 am

gyso wrote:If Hayward goes to Atlanta, he can make more money by a sign-and-trade.  We can extend him for more with Bird rights.  He gives up $$$ by just signing with them as a free agent.

That's what happened when he first came here, he gave up $$$.  Utah could have paid him more.

Gordon is not going to get 5 years or a $30m+/year contract.
Atlanta can offer him what he is looking for and deserves.
Probably $20m/year and 3-4 years.
On the court, this is a better opportunity for him.
But, he will be leaving a championship contending team for an exciting team on the rise.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:54 am

Just a thought on why Hayward would want to leave and why Horford and a few others wanted to as well.
I believe that this whole situation has become very uncomfortable for Hayward, Brad and Ainge.
Haywards unfortunate first game brutal injury and then the next season appearing to be forced fed back into the lineup via Brad created resentment among some of his teammates and unfortunately for Gordon (and Cancerous Kyrie) the team got worse. Brad lost respect from some of the players and Ainge was forced to make big changes.
Fast forward to this year and once again Hayward gets hurt not once but twice and during the playoffs to boot. The team plays well without him. Hayward returns not fully himself and the team falters with him in the lineup.
Again,not his fault but can you see why he may want a change of scenery? Maybe its for the better, for him, a new start, for Brad, who no longer has to worry about other players feeling that he’s playing favorites and they remain close friends and Ainge gets to add another possible piece that we sorely need to get us to the finals and his former teammates no longer have him as an excuse for failing. As i said at the outset, just a thought......Yours?

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:41 pm

ktron

I think GH may want to leave because his role on this team is below his station.  He is probably the most complete offensive player on the team and he is also the most unselfish player on the team.

I also think that at age 30 he feels a nice 4 year new deal sets him up nicely for the last QTR of his career.  Boston despite all the talk about the owners willingness to spend big is a bag of horseshit.   If a deal was really in the making it is likely less than GH should accept.  Yet there appears to be some level of agreement and civility  between the Hayward camp and the Celtics brass.

After our zoom session I read a ton of comments on the Atlanta Hawks blog.  The vast majority were very favorable for adding Gordon Hayward but there  was a very strong pushback not to give up too much.  The Hawks have publically stated that the #6 pick is out of the question.   I do not believe that GH wants to go from the Celtics to the Hawks because they are very much still in the developmental stage.  

The only logical destination for him would be Indiana.

Many times we have seen Danny take it all the way to the edge and then back off. When all the smoke clears GH may still be in Green at least for next season.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:37 pm

Ktron and dboss, you both make a lot of sense.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:51 pm

It has been a terrible situation here for Gordon. He came here in hopes of playing with IT. After making the deal, the rug was pulled out under IT, and all of a sudden, Kyrie was here and was "the man". That is what Gordon was supposed to be, the best free agency signing Boston ever had. Think back to that press conference, and look at the uncomfortable look on Hayward's face a few times. Then the first game of the season, and his whole life changed. All of what you said about being forced back into the lineup and hard feelings are well taken. Jaylen had a chip on his shoulder with all of that. But, they seemed to put it behind them when he really started playing well. Both Hayward and Jaylen found a way to co exist on the floor, but this generation is different and things may not have gone away.

He lost $40 million leaving Utah, but, he thought things would work out. Then Al left, more injuries, it just has been a nightmare. So if he takes a hit again signing somewhere else, maybe peace of mind is well worth it.

I live here in Boston, I read Celtic news on all different places. People have been cruel, calling him a loser, a bum, what have you. How much does a guy take until he says I AM OUT OF HERE, PERIOD. This has been a nightmare. Good luck to him wherever he goes, I hope his last years give him the contentment he is searching for. He always looks sad, so he deserves peace.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:52 pm

dboss
Agree. No telling what’s going on in the back room. Keeping Hayward in green wouldn’t upset me at all. Danny just needs to make sure he fills our needs come 12/22/20. Let’s hope that tonight he initiates something that puts him on track.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:01 pm

Rosalie, Not living near Boston anymore I hear none of the local radio nor newspaper chatter. I am shocked to hear that people were mean to Gordon. He is a prince and deserves so much credit for coming back as he has. I am still a huge fan, hope he stays here, and if not I hope he makes a lot of money and has great success wherever he lands. Best to you Gordon.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:06 pm

Hayward will work with the Celtics to help them and help himself. By becoming a free agent and then signing with the Celts with a sign and trade deal to Atlanta, Hayward picks up an extra year at a higher rate, then if he signs a four year deal and then drops significantly in salary when he re-ups in year 5.

There is motivation on both sides!

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:10 pm

112288 wrote:Hayward will work with the Celtics to help them and help himself.   By becoming a free agent and then signing with the Celts with a sign and trade deal to Atlanta, Hayward picks up an extra year at a higher rate, then if he signs a four year deal and then drops significantly in salary when he re-ups in year 5.

There is motivation on both sides!

With Gordon's injury history, do you really think that any team will want to give Gordon a 5 year contract?
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:16 pm

Why not! He brings talent and a bunch of intangibles to Atlanta that Atlanta does not have currently. By the 4th year he would be coming off the bench as a bench role player. The salary he garners now will become a non factor by the fourth year as salaries will continue to rise making his current per year salary cheap in comparison.

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:23 pm

league wide salary rising may not be very much over the next few years.

The NBA already agreed to keep the cap  number artificially higher then they should be by the CBA, this coming season. They are likely to have lower than anticipated income this season also, Which means they may keep  all the salary numbers steady yet another year.

once things return to normal. the owners will want to claw back  all that "excess" pay they dished out over the two years. so we may very well see limited growth in the salary cap/ Max salary's/ etc. for a longer period.

to clarify what I am trying to say :

a $30M per year salary this coming season, is likely to still fell like a $30M salary in 4 years (for teams cap situations).

Last edited by kdp59 on Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:29 pm

112288 wrote:Why not!  He brings talent and a bunch of intangibles to Atlanta that Atlanta does not have currently.  By the 4th year he would be coming off the bench as a bench role player.  The salary he garners now will become a non factor by the fourth year as salaries will continue to rise making his current per year salary cheap in comparison.

I do not expect Boston to sign and trade Gordon with a 5 year contract.
3 probably, 4 possibly.

Yes, his rate would be locked in a salaries rise, but his production and value most likely will be going down at the same time.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:08 pm

Brian Robb @BrianTRobb
about 52 minutes ago
Teams that could open up more than $20 million (or more) of cap space this offseason: Hawks, Knicks (depending on options), Pistons, Heat, Hornets. For now, these are the teams to watch for when it comes to Hayward's potential free agency/leverage.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:09 pm

Chris Grenham
@chrisgrenham
·
2h
Zach Lowe discussing Celtics/Hayward on The Jump:

"For a possible trade, I would keep my my eye on Indiana. ... For free agency, Atlanta has been rumored. I'm not sure if that's a stalking horse. I'd keep my eye on Charlotte."

Added "everything is on the table."

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:11 pm

Emiliano Carchia: Atlanta Hawks are the frontrunners to land Danilo Gallinari on a three-year deal, league source told @Sportando – via Twitter Carchia

that may impact any interest Atlanta has in Hayward
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:15 pm

Good. I hope we keep Gordon. Who will we get who is better?
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:16 pm

Danny's letting a lot slip through the cracks...his move(s) better be good!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:18 pm

I put a post on the draft thread:

Ainge was supposedly talking with GS for the #2 pick and offering Smart in trade!!

Shocked
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:28 pm

Whoa!!!! Smart for #2? Wiseman???? Smart could give GS the West this year.
Wiseman could give us the East this year or next.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:33 pm

I'm not sure I'd trade Smart for anyone in this draft myself.

Same goes for Tatum and Brown of course.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:23 pm

kdp59 wrote:I'm not sure I'd trade Smart for anyone in this draft myself.

Same goes for Tatum and Brown of course.

I would agree. I still maintain that Smart is second behind Tatum on my list of nearly un-tradeable Celtics.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:33 pm

Mark Murphy @Murf56
about 10 minutes ago
There's a creeping sense on Causeway Street that Gordon Hayward doesn't get traded tonight.
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:52 pm

Got to wonder, money could be drying up for him. A lot of moves getting done early, I think it is 50/50 he stays, although, it is tough to do that if he has said he wants out
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next