dbrown4
bobheckler
dboss
22 posters

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

Hayward trade rumors - Page 9 Empty Re: Hayward trade rumors

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:54 pm

I had ESPN on, Ball’s father sitting at the table like a big wheel!!! Making a lot of $$$ with his kids
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:33 pm

Good God, get Mannix out of there. Now he wants to trade Hayward for Drummond. Good bye
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:34 pm

AD for GH ??? No way!
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:23 am

Does anyone else think the Okongwu pick by Atlanta is a little strange? Not that Okongwu is a reach at #6, but rather that minutes might be hard to come by considering the Hawks already have Capella and Collins. Seems like a logjam at the 5. Maybe they make a trade with a team that has a logjam of wings? For someone like GH? Only problem with my conspiracy theory is why not either make the trade prior to the draft or just wait and sign GH outright? Could it be to get Gordon a 5th year??

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by Vankisa Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:35 am

Shamrock1000 wrote:Does anyone else think the Okongwu pick by Atlanta is a little strange? Not that Okongwu is a reach at #6, but rather that minutes might be hard to come by considering the Hawks already have Capella and Collins.  Seems like a logjam at the 5. Maybe they make a trade with a team that has a logjam of wings? For someone like GH? Only problem with my conspiracy theory is why not either make the trade prior to the draft or just wait and sign GH outright? Could it be to get Gordon a 5th year??

Why were they not willing to give the 6th pick to Boston in a sign-and-trade beforehand if that was the plan though? (according to "reports" of course)

At this point I am hoping if it is about a longer deal for Hayward and if it is Atlanta, that they drafted him because they like a core of Collins, Trae and Okongwu with GH as the veteran Wing to fill in the "big 4" and guide the younger stars. In which case my hope would be that they also do not want to pay Capella for sitting on the bench (is it like 16M?) and are willing to send him over in the sign-and-trade deal.
I am sure we would prefer Collins or Okongwu, but I do not see us having much leverage here...

Vankisa

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:38 am

Miles turner would be better.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:52 am

Yeah, based upon last night's 2nd year in a row Boston draft bust, unless Danny's going to be swapping Gordon for Giannis today, I might be still holding my breath!

Do you think they will ever just cut the draft to only one round? Looks like they could with turnover so high and not lose much. Might tighten up the talent pool a little or a lot.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:05 am

The draft was not a bust last year nor this year. Romeo may turn into a real catch. Nesmith will help enormously. Teams will have to stick on him like glue, so when he is on the court Jaylen and Jayson WILL get single coverage only. Then watch out. PP has real promise as a pg. Danny certainly knows the point guard position. Pritchard is strong and tough. Expect him to be a good shooter too. If GWill keeps improving his 3 point shot, then he will be an asset too. I'll not abide criticism of Danny's draft these past two years, and Madar may prove to be flat out excellent in two years. Wait for it.

Regarding trades, if Danny gets Turner ++ for Gordon, fine. If not, Gordon will be great for us this year, and Danny will find a big to replace Enes.

Keep the Faith gang. I am very encouraged, except for Miami getting Precious.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:42 am

Shamrock1000 wrote:Does anyone else think the Okongwu pick by Atlanta is a little strange? Not that Okongwu is a reach at #6, but rather that minutes might be hard to come by considering the Hawks already have Capella and Collins.  Seems like a logjam at the 5. Maybe they make a trade with a team that has a logjam of wings? For someone like GH? Only problem with my conspiracy theory is why not either make the trade prior to the draft or just wait and sign GH outright? Could it be to get Gordon a 5th year??

Shamrock,

It was reported last night that Gordon Hayward couldn't be traded without his permission prior to the draft because he had a player option. They had to wait for him to agree on a trade and perhaps extend first.

Not 100% sure of the details, but that's the gist of it. Maybe something happens later today or tomorrow.

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:10 am

They said that last night on the draft show, Hayward could do what Bogdonovich did if he did not like the trade, he could walk away from it. That is the purpose of being a free agent.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:17 am

worcester wrote:The draft was not a bust last year nor this year. Romeo may turn into a real catch. Nesmith will help enormously. Teams will have to stick on him like glue, so when he is on the court Jaylen and Jayson WILL get single coverage only. Then watch out. PP has real promise as a pg. Danny certainly knows the point guard position. Pritchard is strong and tough. Expect him to be a good shooter too. If GWill keeps improving his 3 point shot, then he will be an asset too. I'll not abide criticism of Danny's draft these past two years, and Madar may prove to be flat out excellent in two years. Wait for it.

Regarding trades, if Danny gets Turner ++ for Gordon, fine. If not, Gordon will be great for us this year, and Danny will find a big to replace Enes.

Keep the Faith gang. I am very encouraged, except for Miami getting Precious.

Hope your right buddy.....

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:19 am

That's why the don't even pay me very small bucks. I am just voicing my opinion nb that only you brave folks hear.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:21 am

If Stewart is who we think he is, a rough and tumble Paul Silas-Moses inside scorer and board eater type, we will regret that for years.....

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Vankisa Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:34 am

RosalieTCeltics wrote:They said that last night on the draft show, Hayward could do what Bogdonovich did if he did not like the trade, he could walk away from it.  That is the purpose of being a free agent.

That is what I am afraid of ever since I woke up this morning and read about the lackluster draft (in terms of moves/trades). Let us be honest with ourselves here. Danny said this straight out himself that he was looking for a way to trade those picks. And he did not manage to get it done. So the most we have got is a successful plan B for drafting Nesmith at 14. And we also had it straight from Danny's mouth - he does not think that the team last year was good enough.

The less time there is between now and the deadline the less the chances get that Gordon Hayward leaves the Boston Celtics with more than a handshake as a return in my opinion.

Vankisa

Back to top Go down

Post by Vankisa Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:00 pm

What happens if Hayward opts out and signs with Atlanta (or NY, Charlotte wherever) with the cap btw? Assuming Kanter opts out that is 39M off the books? Should be below 109 then (103?).

Can we get someone like Ibaka and then use Mid-Level exception on Baynes or WCS?

Danny has said the following last night when asked about Hayward: “I don’t know about that. We’ll start working on free agency and all that [Thursday]. Tonight we’re just here with the draft, first phase. Big free agency time, though, there’s a lot to get done still in a very short period of time.”

Vankisa

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:14 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:If Stewart is who we think he is, a rough and tumble Paul Silas-Moses inside scorer and board eater type, we will regret that for years.....

Cow,

He is who we think he is and better. I've seen it firsthand front row and I promise. He can shoot it too, and he's been working hard on that. He'll be fun to watch.

Despite my being convinced we blew it again last night, I'm giving Danny and crew a pass on not getting Isaiah. Among the needs was a shooter and they went with Nesmith. Picking next at 26 there was no way to get Isaiah. Kind of a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. We could get one, but not the other.

My son and I, along with some other locals, are already planning to check Detroit's schedule in hopes fans can attend at some point this season.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:57 pm

Vankisa wrote:What happens if Hayward opts out and signs with Atlanta (or NY, Charlotte wherever) with the cap btw? Assuming Kanter opts out that is 39M off the books? Should be below 109 then (103?).

Can we get someone like Ibaka and then use Mid-Level exception on Baynes or WCS?

Danny has said the following last night when asked about Hayward: “I don’t know about that. We’ll start working on free agency and all that [Thursday]. Tonight we’re just here with the draft, first phase. Big free agency time, though, there’s a lot to get done still in a very short period of time.”

short answer is if Hayward and Kanter both opt out we would in theory be under the cap by the amount or somewhere close to it.

but we have to add Cap holds for Wanamaker, Tacko and Waters back in, I think without looking that's about $5M. plus the two first round pick holds ( add another $5M or so) and walla...we're back OVER the cap.

but we ARE below the tax line and Ainge will have the full MLE (over $9M) to find a vrt to come here. I doubt we can get more than  one quality NBA player though. So if that happens lets hope Danny picks well!!

we may also have the bi--annual exception too....I'm not sure without looking it up to see or what the salary can be (maybe in the $3-4M range?).
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:33 pm

Jared Weiss @JaredWeissNBA
1 minute ago
From a Hayward source earlier today, on his decision to opt in: “He legit waits til the last minute.” There are also plenty of balls in the air on potential trades and establishing market leverage for a long-term deal.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:38 pm

So GH stays a Celtic?
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:48 pm

Knicks aggressive in Gordon Hayward pursuit

Marc Stein: The Knicks have been aggressive in their pursuit of Gordon Hayward all week, sources say Amid a growing belief leaguewide that Hayward will decline his $34 million player option for next season, New York may loom as Hayward’s best option given all the Knicks’ newfound cap space – via Twitter TheSteinLine
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:59 pm

kdp59 wrote:Knicks aggressive in Gordon Hayward pursuit

Marc Stein: The Knicks have been aggressive in their pursuit of Gordon Hayward all week, sources say Amid a growing belief leaguewide that Hayward will decline his $34 million player option for next season, New York may loom as Hayward’s best option given all the Knicks’ newfound cap space – via Twitter TheSteinLine

I read that too and now they have Cap space.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9