bobc33
beat
dbrown4
18 posters

Page 7 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

2019 NBA Draft - Page 7 Empty Re: 2019 NBA Draft

Post by worcester Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:16 pm

Kelly O was another alligator. At least we got one good Gator in Al Horford.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:55 pm

worcester wrote:Kelly O was another alligator. At least we got one good Gator in Al Horford.

TRUE THAT
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:28 pm

dboss wrote:
KyleCleric wrote:
kdp59 wrote:
cowens/oldschool wrote:Draft is a crapshoot, from everything I’ve read I’d pass on Tyler Hero....

why don't you like Herro?

I think he could become another  JJ Redick in today's NBA.

Except faster/more athletic, better handling, and perhaps able to create his own shot

He is 6' 6" with a wing span of only 6.325"

We do not need to draft anyone with alligator arms.     We have been down that road before and it was a dead end.  There is so much better overall talent to choose from.  Danny screws up draft after draft missing on talented players especially when he is armed with multiple first rounders.    

I can understand and agree with the wingspan issue with bigs for sure....sometimes with wings, if they are defensive types. But Herro is a shooter, no one expects him to become a lock down defender in the NBA, unless they have lost their minds...LOL.

I compared him to Redick because they are similar sized and skilled coming out of school, IMO. To be honest watching Redick play in college I NEVER thought he'd be more than a n end of bench type in the NBA...so one never knows how hard a young guy will work.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:18 pm

kdp59, I understand. He lit it up in a workout, killing the 3 ball but his college 3Pt shot was 35.5%. I am not saying he is a bad shooter but I am not impressed. Give me 40% from a college level SG or wing and I'm good. He was an excellent free throw shooter at 93.5% but he only took 2.5 FTA per game. He does have skills but he has very very short arms. I was blown away by his wingspan given his height. Length matters at the 2 spot in the NBA.

I feel Boston should pass.

I do think we need a shooter with some defense but as you know my thirst is for a frontline player. After that give me a wing. Since Boston will start either TR or KI at PG guard next season our third fist rounder could be a best available player.

I'm sure Danny has other ideas like trading picks on draft day.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:54 pm

trying to finalize my draft thoughts as we get about a week out. Here is how I see the potential of some of the top picks.

All Stars or Better

PF----Zion Williamson------6-6
PG-----Ja Morant-----------6-3
SG----R J Barrett----------6-6

These players should make multiple all-star games.

NBA starters

PG-----Darius Garland-----6-3
SG-----Jarrett Culver------6-7
PG------Koby White-------6-5
SF------DeAndre Hunter---6-8
SF----Cameron Reddish----6-7

These guys I think will be starters early and for most of their NBA careers.

Rotational players

PF-----Sekou Doumbouya---6-9
C-------Jaxon Hayes---------6-11
PF------Rui Hachimura------6-8
C-------Goga Bitadze-------6-11
SG----Nickeil Alexander-Walker--6-5
SG-----Tyler Herro----------6-6
PF-----Brandon Clarke-----6-8
PF/C---Mfiondu Kabengele---6-10
SG-----Keldon Johnson------6-6
PF------P J Washington------6-8
C-------Bruno Fernando-----6-10
PF------Nicolas Claxton-----6-11
SF------Cam Johnson-------6-8
SG-----Romeo Langford----6-6

These guys may take some time to be regular players and could become NBA starters at some point.

Potential Busts

SF------Nassir Little-------6-6
C--------Bol Bol-----------7-2
SG-----Kevin Porter Jr----6-5

Injuries or other issues make these guys Iffy selections, though all could become Solid NBA starters as well.

Deep Bench types

SF------KZ Okpala---------6-8
SF-----MatisseThybulle---6-6
SF-----Isaiah Roby--------6-8
C------Daniel Gafford-----6-10
PG-----Ty Jerome--------6-5
SF-----Dylan Windler----6-8
PF-----Chuma Okeke----6-8
C------Nazreon Reid-----6-10
PF-----Grant Williams----6-7

These players may never be much more than end of the bench types in the NBA, though they could develop into rotational players with work and in the right setting.

thats my take interested in what others think here.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:46 pm

kdp59

The problem with this assessment is based on the fact that all of your projected allstar players and starters will likely be drafted in the top 8.  Normally you should expect drafted top 10 players to become a starter.  The other thing is that there are no dark horse candidates in your projection. Every year there are one or two guys drafted late that end up as starting level players and some allstars as well.

Projecting them is not easy but they are there.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:00 pm

I should also mention that the team you are drafted to also makes a big different as far as opportunities.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:11 pm

dboss wrote:kdp59

The problem with this assessment is based on the fact that all of your projected allstar players and starters will likely be drafted in the top 8.  Normally you should expect drafted top 10 players to become a starter.  The other thing is that there are no dark horse candidates in your projection. Every year there are one or two guys drafted late that end up as starting level players and some allstars as well.

Projecting them is not easy but they are there.

true all...and why I am interested in what others think about this draft class.

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by Celticspride Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:02 pm

Its a 3 and 4s league, draft wisely.
Celticspride
Celticspride

Back to top Go down

Post by KyleCleric Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:54 pm

I'm not sure I'd classify them that way. There are a few players with All-Star potential that are listed as deep bench or rotational players. I'm not sure that I'd put Barrett or Morant in the All-Stars or better category. Barrett is still a bit raw, inconsistent. There's still a bit he needs to put together to be in that category. For instance, I wouldn't put Tatum there yet but he's clearly closer to that level than Barrett. For Morant, there's so much competition at G that it's hard to predict a perennial All-Star. As dboss noted above, the team that you're drafted to matters a lot. Whichever player is taken by the Wizards will have a lot of opportunities at 9. He may be better off than Reddish if he's in Chicago or Hunter if he's at 4 to the Pelicans. Little also may be misclassified. The worry for him is that he won't develop the outside shot or scorers mentality to be a star. He arguably has a higher floor than a number of players because he is already a strong defender and extremely athletic. Also, he's far more likely to overcome his deficits than Bol or Porter or even some of the others. Langford noted as a rotational player is probably fine. He does seem though to have been overall underrated because of his performance last season. I don't know how fair that is considering he played the entire season with an injured hand. Garland and him both had injuries that required surgery and would allow them to come back in 4 to 6 weeks. Langford played through it. Garland took the surgery and when he was cleared, dropped out of school to prepare for the draft.

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:10 pm

kdp59 wrote:trying to finalize my draft thoughts as we get about a week out. Here is how I see the potential of some of the top picks.

All Stars or Better

PF----Zion Williamson------6-6
PG-----Ja Morant-----------6-3
SG----R J Barrett----------6-6

These players should make multiple all-star games.

NBA starters

PG-----Darius Garland-----6-3
SG-----Jarrett Culver------6-7
PG------Koby White-------6-5
SF------DeAndre Hunter---6-8
SF----Cameron Reddish----6-7

These guys I think will be starters early and for most of their NBA careers.

Rotational players

PF-----Sekou Doumbouya---6-9
C-------Jaxon Hayes---------6-11
PF------Rui Hachimura------6-8
C-------Goga Bitadze-------6-11
SG----Nickeil Alexander-Walker--6-5
SG-----Tyler Herro----------6-6
PF-----Brandon Clarke-----6-8
PF/C---Mfiondu Kabengele---6-10
SG-----Keldon Johnson------6-6
PF------P J Washington------6-8
C-------Bruno Fernando-----6-10
PF------Nicolas Claxton-----6-11
SF------Cam Johnson-------6-8
SG-----Romeo Langford----6-6

These guys may take some time to be regular players and could become NBA starters at some point.

Potential Busts

SF------Nassir Little-------6-6
C--------Bol Bol-----------7-2
SG-----Kevin Porter Jr----6-5

Injuries or other issues make these guys Iffy selections, though all could become Solid NBA starters as well.

Deep  Bench types

SF------KZ Okpala---------6-8
SF-----MatisseThybulle---6-6
SF-----Isaiah Roby--------6-8
C------Daniel Gafford-----6-10
PG-----Ty Jerome--------6-5
SF-----Dylan Windler----6-8
PF-----Chuma Okeke----6-8
C------Nazreon Reid-----6-10
PF-----Grant Williams----6-7

These players may never be much more than end of the bench types in the NBA, though they could develop into rotational players with work and in the right setting.

thats my take interested in what others think here.
Have you seen all these guys play? Nice work....

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:28 am

https://celticswire.usatoday.com/2019/06/13/prized-international-prospect-goga-bitadze-to-workout-for-celtics/

Prized international prospect Goga Bitadze to workout for Celtics

Per Atlanta Hawks beat writer Kevin Chouinard, former Buducnost VOLI center Goga Bitadze will workout for the Boston Celtics after working out for the San Antonio Spurs and Atlanta Hawks. The Spurs are franchise that has plenty of experience working international centers, having had players like Tiago Splitter, Davis Bertans and Aron Baynes manning the position over the years.

Kevin Chouinard
@KLChouinard
· 14h
Goga Bitadze said that he has already worked out for the Spurs and will also go on to work out for Boston, Detroit and Charlotte. Will attend draft in NY afterward.

Kevin Chouinard
@KLChouinard
Bitadze said that his favorite player growing up was Kevin Garnett.

The 19-year-old Bitadze, who is 6-foot-11 and 250 pounds, is an incredibly skilled low-post player and has the potential to be stretch big with solid shooting mechanics and a three-point percentage of 31.3 in 2018-19. Defensively, his length, anticipation and shot-blocking prowess (he averaged 2.3 blocks per game last season) are all tools that he can utilize to become a two-way presence in the league.

However, he’s not the most athletic big man you’ll find and that leads to questions about his ability to defend in space along the perimeter in a game that sees ball-handlers seeking out size-speed mismatches more than ever. Fortunately, Bitadze is one of the most fundamentally-sound players in his draft class.

Though Baynes picked up his player option for the 2018-19 season, the Celtics could find themselves needing center help in the near future with Baynes’ contract expiring in the 2020 offseason, forward-center Al Horford’s contract potentially expiring in 2020 if he doesn’t restructure it this offseason and the possibility that the tantalizing talent of Robert Williams III could be shipped to New Orleans in a trade for Anthony Davis.

That’s not to mention that Davis will be a free agent in 2020.

The Celtics may not need a player like Bitadze in 2019-20, though Horford and Baynes’ injury history says otherwise. Bitadze is a player who, like Williams, they can afford to send to the NBA G League on assignment with the Maine Red Claws on a consistent basis.

Projected to be selected in the middle of the 2019 NBA Draft’s first round, Bitadze could be available with any of Boston’s three first round draft picks.

After averaging 12.1 points, 6.4 rebounds and 2.3 blocks per game while shooting 54.8 percent from the field in the second-best professional league in the world, he’s shown he has NBA talent and if the league hadn’t transformed into what it is today, this throwback big man would be even more appreciated.

Dropping a note that former Celtics star Kevin Garnett won’t hurt his case of being drafted by Boston either.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:24 am

swish wrote:The notion that Ainge is lousy at selecting bigs in the draft is certainly not borne out by the numbers. Since 2003,  92 centers have been drafted with the 15th through the 45th pick - and 22 of them have career averages of at least 21 minutes per game - a 23.9% rate. During this same period Danny slected 7 players.
Those that made the cut at 21 minutes per game-
Jefferson 15th pick
Perkins 27th pick acquired by trade on draft night
Olynyk 13th pick acquired by trading Celtic 16th pick Nogueira
Glenn Davis 35th pick acquired by trade on draft night with Seattle

Drafted but have not hit 21 minutes career per game
 Melo - out of league
 Deyonta Davis 31st pick Traded on draft night for LAC 2019 draft pick (Results still pending)
 Zizic drafted 23th 6-23-17,traded 8-30-30 to Cavs in the Irving trade. (results still pending)

Research source,,,, Basketball reference

swish
note,,,6-12 19

Removed Erdan from the original list as he was the 60th pick overall - total players selected by Danny was 7 not 8.
Melo is not only out of the league; he is out of this world, sadly.
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:48 am

cowens,

no I have only seen clips of some of them, my ideas are based on various profiles of players and history of players drafted.

I understand it is not earth shaking in any way and I just wanted to start a conversation here with others about the players who will selected in less than a week now.

dboss,

yes there WILL be one or two players who out perform their draft slot for sure.

of course IF NBA GM's know which one will, they would select them earlier on draft night.

Dan Gafford and Ty Jerome are two players that I feel COULD fall into that catagory.

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by KyleCleric Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:11 am

Nbadraft.net updated again:
14: Mfiondu Kabengele
20: Brandon Clarke
22: Nic Clayton
51: Talen Horton-Tucker

Bol & Langford available at 22

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:28 pm

I think the growing rumors of the Celtics having interest in trading #14 in a package for Capela makes sense when looking at this list.

Based on need, Boston should be looking primarily at a big and a guard, possibly a combo guard or point.

Drafting in the 20s, guys like Gafford and Jerome may still be around. There isn't a fantastic difference in expected talent between 14 and late 1st round this year. It's just not there. Guys like Gafford, may be dropping for no reason, however, and be a deal at 20+. I still don't think he'll last that long, but let's go with the mocks here.

Houston appears to want that 14 pick as part of a deal, if rumors are at all true. Might be a thought to go with. I wouldn't mind a center rotation that came from some combination of Capela, Baynes, Williams and Gafford.

Bol and Porter, I would completely pass on, however. Light weight and injuries for Bol, and injuries for Porter, make the gamble too big for a team in need of center-forwards.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by KyleCleric Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:10 pm

I don’t know what a Capela deal would look like. He’s an interesting player but I would want to add him to the Tatum/Brown/Smart core. I wouldn’t look to move any of those 3 in that deal.

If we don’t make a trade, I’d take the guard or small wing at 14 (targeting Langford, Herro, Nickeil-Alexander, Little). Then take a big (or big wing) at 20/22. Someone will be available there between Claxton, Bol, Washington, Clarke, Bitadze, Kabengele, and Fernando. I see a bigger drop off from those 5 at 14 to whoever will be there at 20 than with the bigs.

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:53 pm

jrleftfoot wrote:
swish wrote:The notion that Ainge is lousy at selecting bigs in the draft is certainly not borne out by the numbers. Since 2003,  92 centers have been drafted with the 15th through the 45th pick - and 22 of them have career averages of at least 21 minutes per game - a 23.9% rate. During this same period Danny slected 7 players.
Those that made the cut at 21 minutes per game-
Jefferson 15th pick
Perkins 27th pick acquired by trade on draft night
Olynyk 13th pick acquired by trading Celtic 16th pick Nogueira
Glenn Davis 35th pick acquired by trade on draft night with Seattle

Drafted but have not hit 21 minutes career per game
 Melo - out of league
 Deyonta Davis 31st pick Traded on draft night for LAC 2019 draft pick (Results still pending)
 Zizic drafted 23th 6-23-17,traded 8-30-30 to Cavs in the Irving trade. (results still pending)

Research source,,,, Basketball reference

swish
note,,,6-12 19

Removed Erdan from the original list as he was the 60th pick overall - total players selected by Danny was 7 not 8.
                                        Melo is not only out of the league; he is out of this world, sadly.

Thanks!!! I didn't know that he had passed away - just 26 years old.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:04 pm

Hey Kyle

This team's biggest weakness is in the frontcourt.  We have Horford and Baynes at center and Robert William is a player that can be developed with proper coaching.  So I do not see Boston drafting a prospect at center unless he also projects to being able to play PF/C.

Boston may try to keep Morris but truth be told a front line with Horford, Baynes and Tatum or Hoford, Morris and Tatum lacks both the size and athletic skills to win.   You can throw any of our so-called PF in there and it is the same thing.   We need to get bigger, longer, stronger and faster in our frontline.

I like Brandon Clarke and PJ Washington at 14 however I would not take them there because they are undersized PF and we already have several on our team.  

If we are going to draft a guard or another wing I would look at the ones who are proven shooters and have other intangibles like length, size, speed.

That knocks Lanford out of the box as he shot only 27% from deep

Alexander shot the ball well over a 2 year period but he is not NBA ready from a physical standpoint.  (i.e. Like Jaylen Brown was)

Little is another unproven shooter (29% from deep)  He has a lot of holes in his game.  He has an NBA body and if you were looking for a physical 6' 6" defender he would be a possibility.

If we are going to draft a guy that can flat out knock the ball down look no further than Cameron Johnson or Dylan Windler (second choice due to the lack of top end competition)

Everybody gets open in Brad's offense.  Give me guys that are proven shooters and guys that can create their own shot off the bounce when they cannot get open.

The Boston Celtics may trade up although I am not sure there is a player I really like above 14 except Sekou.  At 14 however there is talent waiting to be called.  

We should draft for need at 14.  

I guess everyone knows who I like.  Mfiondu Kabengele checks most of the boxes for me.  Folks, this kid is an absolute stud physically.  Think Jaylen Brown at 6' 10" 256 LBS with an incredible body fat % of only 5.10.  He was  ACC 6th man of the year.  He rebounds, runs the floor, blocks shots,  shoots well from the outside and the free throw line and can score in the post.  He has to work on his passing skills.   He can play both center and PF.  He has a 7' 3" wingspan and has big hands.  He led FS in scoring even though he came off the bench.

Zion Williamson is a freak of nature because of his level of athleticism for a guy 6' 6" and weighing 285 lbs.   Odds are that Zion will be a great player in the NBA but pound for pound I think Kabengele may be the best big man in this draft at #14.  Draft for need at 14.

Has a high Basketball IQ and seems to have a real handle on what he can do and what he needs to improve on.

See video after he worked out for Indiana. The kid checks all the boxes.

https://www.nba.com/pacers/video/2019-draft-workout-mfiondu-kabengele

If Boston passes on him at 14 he will not be there at twenty.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:19 pm

dboss,

you make a very compelling argument for Kabengele at #14 and if the mock drafts are to be  believed, the stars may be aligning for that pick (IF Danny still has it to use of course).

I am assuming the questions about his knees has been satisfied if a team selects him mid first round as well.

Cam would be a fine pick for me at 20 or 22, but I always like older players late in the first (or second round).

also......who in the world was the big man in the video, who makes him look like a PG?

I thought it might be Tacko Fall but couldn't tell?
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:35 pm

kdp59 wrote:dboss,

you make a very compelling argument for Kabengele at #14 and if the mock drafts are to be  believed, the stars may be aligning for that pick (IF Danny still has it to use of course).

I am assuming the questions about his knees has been satisfied if a team selects him mid first round as well.

Cam would be a fine pick for me at 20 or 22, but I always like older players late in the first (or second round).

also......who in the world was the big man in the video, who makes him look like a PG?

I thought it might be Tacko Fall but couldn't tell?

I also made a strong case for Buddy Hield and Danny took Jaylen.  Not mad at him for that but Buddy has not disappointed.  He led the kings in scoring at 20.7 PPG with 5 rebounds and shot 42.7% from deep and 88.6% from the line.  

I did a lot of research on many of the prospects in this upcoming draft.   This has been going on since this thread went live and you have also done an amazing job in providing information on a lot of players.  Tacko makes everybody look undersized.

It may be considered a stretch to nab him at 14 but i really do not think so.

At the NBA combine his knees were given a clean bill of health.  I have viewed a ton of videos on him and he gets up and down and has above average post scoring skills.

https://247sports.com/college/florida-state/Article/A-look-at-Mfiondu-Kabengele-in-recent-NBA-Draft-mocks-132775369/

There will be a shooter or two waiting at 20 or 22
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by KyleCleric Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:46 pm

Langford played the entire season with an injured shooting hand. He was a 36% 3pt shooter in his senior year of high school. He'll also likely be the last prospect in this draft who can be a primary scorer and not have severe red flags (Bol & Porter).

I'm not sure why you're saying that Alexander-Walker isn't ready from a physical standpoint. He's a combo guard with the length to guard 3 positions. His principle role will be at the 1 and 2 positions where he should be fine from a physical standpoint. He's the last prospect in this draft with a decent potential of being a starting point guard. After him, you'd need to be very lucky.

Little isn't necessarily my choice for the Cs. He does have a lot of upside. If the Cs are willing to be patient, let him develop, he's another player with star potential. Since Brown, Tatum, and Hayward would be ahead of him, the Cs can afford that patience. At worse, he's already someone capable of defending at a few different positions.

Windler concerns me from a defensive perspective. He has good height and length but he's less than 200 lbs and is a college senior. I don't know if he's capable of adding the strength he'd need. Cam Johnson is a fine pick at 20 or 22. Perfect 3 and D, multi-positional defender.

As I noted, though, there are a lot bigs of that should go between 12 & 27, Claxton, Bol, Washington, Clarke, Bitadze, Kabengele, and Fernando. There should be options at 20 and 22. We should have a decent idea of Kabengele will be at 20, depending on what the Hawks do at 8 & 10. If Hayes or Bitadze is taken by them, there's a decent chance that the other teams between 15 & 19 will pass on him unless there's a trade up/down.

15: Detroit should be looking to address SF. Little should be the pick if he falls to them.
16: Orlando is full of talent from 3 to 5. Herro or Alexander-Walker shouldn't get pass them.
18: Indiana also has a lot of front court talent. They'll be looking to add some help 1 to 3. Langford, Herro, & Alexander-Walker should all be gone at this pick. If we take one of those 3, Orlando, & Miami, they'll probably take one of Cam or Keldon Johnson.
19: Spurs have a strong backcourt & depth at center. They'll be looking either for a big wing or switchable big. This is a good spot for Clarke or Washington.
So then at 20, we know that 4 of Claxton, Bol, Washington, Clarke, Kabengele, and Fernando would still be available & depending on where the Hawks are at 8 & 10, if they're more likely to target Bol or Kabengele at 17 or Clarke or Washington.

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:00 pm

Hey Kyle

I do like Nickeil Alexander-Walker.  I just would not take him at 14.  As far as his physical profile I was only mentioning that he needs to add strength up top and down low.  He is not coming in already built for he NBA.  But again if we are looking for a shooter with our second pick he would not be my first choice.  He would surely be on the list

Detroit needs a shooter.  Little did little in that area which is the reason he went from being a top 10 pick

Kabengele worked out for the Magic and I heard they are high on him as are the Hawks who worked him out.  Rumor has it that if he is there at 17 they are going to take him  (Atlanta has 3 first rounder including #17 from the recent Nets trade)

I agree that the Pacers need to add a shooter (SG or SF)  They drafted a PG last year (Aaron Holiday)

Kabengele also worked out for the Hornets and the Pelicans (interesting as they are working out guys that may be part of the AD trade)

The way I see it,  we are fine at 1-3 and 5.  I think a big at the 4 is our biggest weakness as a team.  

Kabengele  has of course worked out for the Celtics.

All of these points may very well be moot points because Danny may have his eye on someone else or Danny may trade his picks to get Davis
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:15 pm

dboss wrote:Hey Kyle

This team's biggest weakness is in the frontcourt.  We have Horford and Baynes at center and Robert William is a player that can be developed with proper coaching.  So I do not see Boston drafting a prospect at center unless he also projects to being able to play PF/C.

Boston may try to keep Morris but truth be told a front line with Horford, Baynes and Tatum or Hoford, Morris and Tatum lacks both the size and athletic skills to win.   You can throw any of our so-called PF in there and it is the same thing.   We need to get bigger, longer, stronger and faster in our frontline.

I like Brandon Clarke and PJ Washington at 14 however I would not take them there because they are undersized PF and we already have several on our team.  

If we are going to draft a guard or another wing I would look at the ones who are proven shooters and have other intangibles like length, size, speed.

That knocks Lanford out of the box as he shot only 27% from deep

Alexander shot the ball well over a 2 year period but he is not NBA ready from a physical standpoint.  (i.e. Like Jaylen Brown was)

Little is another unproven shooter (29% from deep)  He has a lot of holes in his game.  He has an NBA body and if you were looking for a physical 6' 6" defender he would be a possibility.

If we are going to draft a guy that can flat out knock the ball down look no further than Cameron Johnson or Dylan Windler (second choice due to the lack of top end competition)

Everybody gets open in Brad's offense.  Give me guys that are proven shooters and guys that can create their own shot off the bounce when they cannot get open.

The Boston Celtics may trade up although I am not sure there is a player I really like above 14 except Sekou.  At 14 however there is talent waiting to be called.  

We should draft for need at 14.  

I guess everyone knows who I like.  Mfiondu Kabengele checks most of the boxes for me.  Folks, this kid is an absolute stud physically.  Think Jaylen Brown at 6' 10" 256 LBS with an incredible body fat % of only 5.10.  He was  ACC 6th man of the year.  He rebounds, runs the floor, blocks shots,  shoots well from the outside and the free throw line and can score in the post.  He has to work on his passing skills.   He can play both center and PF.  He has a 7' 3" wingspan and has big hands.  He led FS in scoring even though he came off the bench.

Zion Williamson is a freak of nature because of his level of athleticism for a guy 6' 6" and weighing 285 lbs.   Odds are that Zion will be a great player in the NBA but pound for pound I think Kabengele may be the best big man in this draft at #14.   Draft for need at 14.

Has a high Basketball IQ and seems to have a real handle on what he can do and what he needs to improve on.

See video after he worked out for Indiana.  The kid checks all the boxes.  

https://www.nba.com/pacers/video/2019-draft-workout-mfiondu-kabengele

If Boston passes on him at 14 he will not be there at twenty.
As a guy that watched the NCAA’s, but not a lot of college ball, dboss you sold me on Kabengele, hope he’s there at 14, if he’s everything you say, he may not be there....hope we get lucky🍀🍀🍀

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:13 am

atlanta may try to package some of their 6 picks to move up this year also.
#8 and 17 picks could get the Hawks as high as the 4th pick (especially if they throw in an early second). I would say top 3 pick, except not in this draft.

so lets say Atlanta wants Culver at #4 and the Lakers move down to 8 and 17, would that really change what they can offer to NO for Davis in thus draft?

how does that trade alone change the draft?

in that case above, would the Cav's then be willing to move down from 5?

what if Danny likes Garland a lot?

would #14, #20 and the Celtics first next year entice them to move that pick?

is a top 10 draft like this totally out of the question?

1. NO- Zion
2. Mem-Morant
3. NO- Barrett - pick traded by NY as part of Anthony Davis to the Knicks
4. Atl- Culver
5. Bos- Garland
6. Phoe- White
7. Chic- Hunter
8. Lakers- Reddish
9. Wash- Bol Bol- his dad played there, this assumes a good medical report.
10. Atl- Bitadze

Might seem crazy, but every trade could make sense and its one of the reasons draft night is so much fun for me.

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next