kdp59
bobheckler
18 posters

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Hayward Opts OUT - Page 8 Empty Re: Hayward Opts OUT

Post by Ktron Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:43 pm

gyso wrote:Ktron,

I know that I'll never convince you otherwise, but . . .

https://sports.yahoo.com/nba-rumors-celtics-pacers-offered-143829178.html

Lowe offered another theory for why the deal didn't happen: The C's weren't too keen on Turner.

"I think, really, talking to people and reading the tea leaves as best I could, it really comes down to the Celtics didn’t want Myles Turner," Lowe said, adding that Boston seemed to make a "conscious choice" to sign big man Tristan Thompson for $9.5 million per year rather than take on Turner for $18 million per year.

"I think that’s really interesting and it’s not the choice I expected Boston to make," Lowe said.

The 29-year-old Thompson is a more proven commodity and averaged a double-double in Cleveland last season, while the 24-year-old Turner boasts more upside but has struggled with injuries and inconsistency in Indiana.

My comments:  Ainge called around to other GM's to see what interest they had in Turner.  Danny wanted to pass him along after the trade with Indy.  He got no takers.  In other words, other GMs didn't want Turner.  That should tell you enough to read the teal leaves yourself.

gyso

It’s not about convincing me. You can assume that that is true and maybe it is. There has been many theories out there from very reputable sources. None of us were on the calls so everything else is speculation. The fact remains that Hayward no longer belonged to the Celtics!

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:07 pm

ktron I have to agree with you.

The bottom line is that Danny was not able to obtain any compensation for GH. All the theories of this episode can swirl around all day long.

Danny gets no passing grade for losing GH for nothing. All the speculation, innuendos, itching in the palm of your hand and little green men standing on your shoulder adds up to an undesirable measure of horseshit.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:25 pm

dboss wrote:ktron I have to agree with you.  

The bottom line is that Danny was not able to obtain any compensation for GH.  All the theories of  this episode can swirl around all day long.

Danny gets no passing grade for losing GH for nothing. All the speculation, innuendos, itching in the palm of your hand and little green men standing on your shoulder  adds up to an undesirable measure of horseshit.

1. I agree with ktron's last post and your take above.

2. I'm awarding your quote in bold, above, 1st runner up in Quote of the Day. Rosalie's Ham Sandwich quote in the thread on Waters wins, but this one is good too.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:33 pm

So my and other people's opinions amount to an undesirable measure of horseshit and that comment wins a 1st runner up in Quote of the Day?

Not impressed.

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:38 pm

gyso wrote:So my and other people's opinions amount to an undesirable measure of horseshit and that comment wins a 1st runner up in Quote of the Day?

Not impressed.

dude don't be so sensitive. My comments are not to be taken personally.

I am just sick of all the GH drama.

GH is gone.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:40 pm

gyso,

I didn't take that as his meaning an insult to anyone here. In the context of the conversation I took it more as referring to all the speculative articles written about Danny either wanting or not wanting Turner. All just a guess with no foundation in fact.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:19 pm

NYCelt wrote:
gyso wrote:So my and other people's opinions amount to an undesirable measure of horseshit and that comment wins a 1st runner up in Quote of the Day?

Not impressed.

I didn't take that as his meaning an insult to anyone here. In the context of the conversation I took it more as referring to all the speculative articles written about Danny either wanting or not wanting Turner. All just a guess with no foundation in fact.

NYCelt I was just trying at add a little humor to the conversation.

I am pretty happy that the Celtics have landed on their feet and I am looking forward to the start of their new campaign.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:10 pm

So much stuff swirling around we’ll probably never know all of the inside stuff that took place. GH is gone and I think the team improved itself with TT.
I always take reference to what one of my mentors told me when I was starting out in my chosen field.
We worked together at a radio station that suffered from a high rate of personnel turnover. Our most popular and best personalities were leaving for the competition and he said “let this be a lesson to you. It doesn’t matter why they’re leaving. It matters that they’re leaving. If that continues to happen the common denominator is the person in charge and that person in charge does have a boss and trust me when I say that boss is going to start looking at him with a wary eye”.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:53 pm

Sure we will, there is a writer out there somewhere (Jackie Mac) just dying to give the scoop on this whole fiasco. Stick around after the intermission.....something will come out
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:18 pm

Ktron, great analysis by your mentor.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:37 am

worcester wrote:Ktron, great analysis by your mentor.

Thanks. Fortunate to have such a great Mentor.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:58 am

Ktron,

I'll go with your take learned from your mentor 100%

On a lighter note, with the Celtics, those bosses are named Wyc, Steve and Irv.
Here, it's me. Why?
I learned something similar to what you were taught ages ago and I know there are plenty of days I'd fire me.
This way, I can't.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:27 am

dboss wrote:

Not impressed.

dude don't be so sensitive.  My comments are not to be taken personally.

I am just sick of all the GH drama.

GH is gone.  

And still without a signed contract, he flip* himself....

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:29 pm

NYCelt wrote:Ktron,

I'll go with your take learned from your mentor 100%

On a lighter note, with the Celtics, those bosses are named Wyc, Steve and Irv.
Here, it's me. Why?
I learned something similar to what you were taught ages ago and I know there are plenty of days I'd fire me.
This way, I can't.

Regards

Please don’t Laughing

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:57 pm

If true should Danny have taken this deal?

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2020/11/26/report-pacers-offered-celtics-myles-turner-and-first-rounder-in-gordon-hayward-sign-and-trade/

Last edited by dboss on Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:03 pm

Yawn . . .

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:36 pm

IMO

Freeing up cap space for TT was a frugal option and should work out. Getting him and JT is a win.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:49 pm

Camp begins on Tuesday.  So there's maybe 3 days for Danny and MJ plus whomever to work this out before camp IF there are players involved.  If it's just a TPE then it could drag on until opening night and the rosters, and salary, is set.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:29 am

bobheckler wrote:Camp begins on Tuesday.  So there's maybe 3 days for Danny and MJ plus whomever to work this out before camp IF there are players involved.  If it's just a TPE then it could drag on until opening night and the rosters, and salary, is set.

Bob

Hard to believe camp is ready to ramp up.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:18 am

I’m actually liking this team with a physical presence like Tristian Thompson, we haven’t had a physical presence like that in a long time. Baynes was good in his role, but not a gifted rebounder like TT. Other players will have the opportunity to step up, hoping 2 rooks can add outside shooting and expecting growth from the Williams brothers and hopefully we may see some bigger line ups. This could be a blessing losing GH, forcing more responsibility and offensive input from 2 J’s.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:18 am

So with the whole GH thing, we get the TPE because we are still carrying GH's last contract year?  Hence the "Exemption".  

So in the end, when all is said and done and there is more said than there is done, it all comes out in the wash?

db

P.S.  One of these days, I am going to pick up/download the CBA book and read it cover to cover and quit asking all these annoying questions!
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:13 am

I think the team is better off with the moves that were made. The 3-piece wing combo of JB, JT & GH never really materialized the way Danny & C's faithful envisioned it. We saw flashes of of potential, but no real results. If your hopes & dreams hinge on a fragile player's ability to stay healthy, you'll find yourself disappointed in the end.

Side note: I like Turner but paying bigs huge money is a risky endeavor.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:45 am

Horford left for greener pastures Irving left for greener pastures andnow Hayward left for greener pastures. I hope they all like the new grass (Horford already found out it induces vomite..LOL).

we'll know about the others soon enough.

out of those three players , the only one who cost Ainge anything was Irving!

The others all signed as Free agents and played out their contracts, getting something back for them leaving after their contracts are up are EXTRA'S not a requirement.

and I am not a lover of all things Ainge, as most of you know.

But this IS the current NBA and the way things are. players WILL come and go and NONE have (nor should) have any loyalty ,except to themselves.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:36 am

gyso wrote:Yawn . . .

Lol

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:40 am

k_j_88 wrote:I think the team is better off with the moves that were made. The 3-piece wing combo of JB, JT & GH never really materialized the way Danny & C's faithful envisioned it. We saw flashes of of potential, but no real results. If your hopes & dreams hinge on a fragile player's ability to stay healthy, you'll find yourself disappointed in the end.

Side note: I like Turner but paying bigs huge money is a risky endeavor.

KJ

Exactly, can we rely on Hayward? Everyone seems to be ripping Jordan for the signing.

I also like TT better than Turner. I think he has more intangibles and I know he’s a much better rebounder.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next