dboss
kdp59
bobheckler
18 posters

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Hayward Opts OUT - Page 3 Empty Re: Hayward Opts OUT

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:02 pm

I do not see them giving up Warren, he kept them in the playoffs and really shot well
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by willjr Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:04 pm

NyCelt, Rosie, I totally agree.
willjr
willjr

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:04 pm

Hawks signed Gallinari. Atlanta is off the table for Gordon. I think only NY could sign him, and I can't imagine GH wants that. An Indy trade seems more likely.

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:12 am

NYCelt wrote:Adding Turner and McDermott still brings us out ahead. It doesn't need to be Oladipo or Warren. Great if Danny can pull that one off, but if not it's still a huge Celtic gain.

Getting a quality center and a badly needed bench shooter would be a game changer for the roster. Especially a young center with lots of mileage left on the tires.

I agree. If Warren or Olidipo get in the mix I am afraid that you could have one too many talented guys. Turner and McDermott would be fine. If somehow we can also get Holiday this would be even better.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:04 am

maybe get Turner and Oladipo from Indy, then move Oladipo to Atlanta in their cap space for Huerter?

I heard someone on ESPN yesterday say that Indiana's owners are big Mall investors and are not interested in adding to the teams current overall salary.

Oladipo and Turner are $39M combined. We resign Hayward at 25M and send them Edwards back also and they save over $12 M in salary.

Atlanta is the third team, they take Oladipo into their cap space and send us Huerter.

Indy get Hayward and lowers their team salary

Atlanta get another vet NBA starter with Galinari with their cap space.

Boston gets Turner and Huerter and falls under the tax line.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by Vankisa Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:33 am

I just want them to make the deal already. I am afraid of what seems to be Danny Ainge usual hold back until he decides he has gotten the better deal. I get he has some leverage now after it seems it was always Indi where Hayward wanted to go but I am just not sure 1) He is going to get more than Turner and Scrap Player X and 2) By the time the deal is done his other FA goals might have been taken off the board.

Perhaps Danny is fine with just replacing Kanter with Turner but I sure hope not as this does not move the needle that much for us, does it?

Vankisa

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:57 am

Vankisa wrote:I just want them to make the deal already. I am afraid of what seems to be Danny Ainge usual hold back until he decides he has gotten the better deal. I get he has some leverage now after it seems it was always Indi where Hayward wanted to go but I am just not sure 1) He is going to get more than Turner and Scrap Player X and 2) By the time the deal is done his other FA goals might have been taken off the board.

Perhaps Danny is fine with just replacing Kanter with Turner but I sure hope not as this does not move the needle that much for us, does it?

IF Ainge gets Turner and either McDermott or Oladipo ( or someone like Huerter, in the3 team trade I proposed above). then he will not be getting any other FA's.

and yes Turner is a BIG TIME upgrade over Kanter!!

If we can get Oladipo or Hurter to replace Hayward, we are pretty well set.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:08 am

dboss wrote:
NYCelt wrote:Adding Turner and McDermott still brings us out ahead. It doesn't need to be Oladipo or Warren. Great if Danny can pull that one off, but if not it's still a huge Celtic gain.

Getting a quality center and a badly needed bench shooter would be a game changer for the roster. Especially a young center with lots of mileage left on the tires.

I agree.  If Warren or Olidipo get in the mix I am afraid that you could have one too many talented guys.  Turner and McDermott would be fine.  If  somehow we can also get Holiday this would be even better.  

I don’t quite understand that line of thinking. Having too many talented guys is a a luxury that affords a team options. Keeping too many may prove to be counter productive but prudence dictates that having them on your roster with some ability to move them for other pieces gives the team more options now and in the future.
Danny needs to negotiate the best deal and he’ll do that once he decides to stop paying attention to us! :>)

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:10 am

kdp59 wrote:maybe get Turner and Oladipo from Indy, then move Oladipo to Atlanta in their cap space for Huerter?

I heard someone on ESPN yesterday say that Indiana's owners are big Mall investors and are not interested in adding to the teams current overall salary.

Oladipo and Turner are $39M combined. We resign Hayward at 25M and send them Edwards back also and they save over $12 M in salary.

Atlanta is the third team, they take Oladipo into their cap space and send us Huerter.

Indy get Hayward and lowers their team salary

Atlanta get another vet NBA starter with Galinari with their cap space.

Boston gets Turner and Huerter and falls under the tax line.

I’ll take it!

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:24 am

Last night on the draft special, Fosberg mentioned them maybe going for Indy's rookie who is fairly good???? I do not know his name, will try to find who they are talking about

Move on Danny, time is wasting
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:42 am

https://nesn.com/2020/11/nba-rumors-latest-gordon-hayward-update-as-day-2-of-free-agency-begins/

NBA Rumors: Latest Gordon Hayward Update As Day 2 Of Free Agency Begins
Hayward still has his eyes on Indiana

by Logan Mullen

3 hours ago

There was plenty of activity on the first day of free agency, but many of the big names remain on the board.

Chief among them, arguably, is Gordon Hayward.

The star forward opted out of his deal with the Boston Celtics, becoming an unrestricted free agent. But all reports so far have indicated he’d like to land with his hometown Indiana Pacers, which would require a sign-and-trade with the Celtics in order to get done.

Indiana and Boston seem a ways off in the package for a Hayward trade, but as of late Friday night, getting such a deal done appeared to remain the preference.

Marc Stein
@TheSteinLine
·
Nov 20, 2020
Indiana remains Gordon Hayward's preferred destination, league sources say, which requires a sign-and-trade with the Celtics to net the former Butler star a deal estimated in the four-year, $100 million range
Marc Stein
@TheSteinLine
The Knicks remain in the Hayward hunt with salary-cap space, league sources say, but have held firm on lower figures than Indiana's

Hayward has a huge admirer in Tom Thibodeau and the Knicks, I'm told, have shown some willingness tonight to go beyond an initial two-year offer
8:53 PM · Nov 20, 2020

Of course, Hayward leaving the Celtics and signing outright with a team like the New York Knicks or Atlanta Hawks would be borderline catastrophic for Boston, so it’s not as though Danny Ainge is drowning in leverage.

Regardless, Saturday promises to be a busy day whether a resolution with the Hayward situation is reacher or not.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:53 am

This is one rumor after another. My thinking is...Hayward's agent keeps dropping these "interested' teams to try to push Danny to make that deal with Indy and send Hayward where he wants to go. I just get a little nervous that we will end up nothing.

I think they are not totally sold on Turner, that is why they are fighting for more. I listened to Kevin O'Connor and Chris Fosberg last night, neither of whom are fans of Turner, and they made alot of sense.

I just would never imagined that this would have happened this year. Another rumor with nothing to do with the Celtics is Steven Adams on his way to New Orleans, so maybe they won't move Al after all. They are in a rebuild mode but you need someone. I thought they would have dumped Al's salary by now. No takers???
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:34 pm

Ktron I was thinking about the previous season when we had 2 starters on the bench.

Guys like Warren and Olidipo are full blown starters.  A guy like McDermott is a real good rotation fit.  Talent (too much) is hard to fit together.  

The other thing I want to mention is GH salary.  If it is $25 mill per year Turner and McDermott fit but if it is $30 million we may need 3 players back and maybe more than Hayward turning this into an expanded trade.  

Everything depends on what GH is willing to sign for.  

Also Olidipo will be an UFA so you would have a pending situation with him.

I think both Warren and Olidipo replicate what we already have and their presence will negatively impact the J's.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:40 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:This is one rumor after another.  My thinking is...Hayward's agent keeps dropping these "interested' teams to try to push Danny to make that deal with Indy and send Hayward where he wants to go.  I just get a little nervous that we will end up nothing.  

I think they are not totally sold on Turner, that is why they are fighting for more.  I listened to Kevin O'Connor and Chris Fosberg last night, neither of whom are fans of Turner, and they made alot of sense.

I just would never imagined that this would have happened this year.  Another rumor with nothing to do with the Celtics is Steven Adams on his way to New Orleans, so maybe they won't move Al after all.  They are in a rebuild mode but you need someone. I thought they would have dumped Al's salary by now. No takers???

Rosalie,
The more i listen to Fosberg the more i know the little he that does know. If I’m not mistaken, Perk thinks Turner is a good player. I trust Perk.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:44 pm

Dboss, my only concern with McDermott is his defense. That’s why I would rather see Turner/Warren if Danny can swing it.
True, We do have plenty of talent with or without the 2.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:06 pm

No last night Perk said the rumors around the league are that Turner is "soft", that he is not someone he would go for. I have never been big on Turner, but we NEED to get something back for Hayward, even if he is traded in February.. I think we need a guy who will not complain
about playing time, comes in, does his job and returns to the bench.

The more these guys talk, the more it gets confusing. Fosberg and O'Connor are both of the belief that RWilliams will become a starting center for the Celtics. There are not many who are not in this kids backcourt, everyone wants him to succeed because he is so athletic. He just has to stay healthy.

Their opinion is that the Celtics need more than one player and a throw in for Hayward. I don't know, are we over valuing him? I just feel this will come back some day and kick us in the teeth for not convincing him to stay.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:08 pm

https://www.celticsblog.com/2020/11/20/21572620/shams-indiana-is-gordon-haywards-preferred-destination

Wants $100M for 4 years
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:15 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:Last night on the draft special, Fosberg mentioned them maybe going for Indy's rookie who is fairly good????  I do not know his name, will try to find who they are talking about

Move on Danny, time is wasting

since they didn't have a draft pick this year, they must mean Goga Bitadze who was a first rounder last year.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/bitadgo01.html

hasn't shown anything yet. and if they said he was better than Turner someone should take away their microphone immediately!!

LOL.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:43 pm

Hayward signs w/ Hornets @ 4 years/$120M

https://clutchpoints.com/hornets-news-gordon-hayward-agrees-to-4-year-120-million-deal-with-charlotte/

I guess that settles that.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:49 pm

Keith Smith
@KeithSmithNBA
·
7m
For Charlotte to add Gordon Hayward they have to:

-Work a S&T with Boston

-Trade away $7.5M in salary elsewhere

-Waive and stretch Nic Batum at about $9M a year for the next three years

Bob
MY NOTE:  Well, Danny sure F'd this one up, didn't he?  Now we lose him for nothing or next to nothing.

Who on the Hornets would we want?  Nobody I can think of.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:50 pm

k_j_88 wrote:Hayward signs w/ Hornets @ 4 years/$120M

https://clutchpoints.com/hornets-news-gordon-hayward-agrees-to-4-year-120-million-deal-with-charlotte/

KJ

We officially screwed the pooch there. Should have done the deal with Indy for Turner and McDermott.

Good deal for Hayward. Pays him in the top range he could expect and places him with a team where he'll still be among the alpha dogs.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:54 pm

NYCelt wrote:
k_j_88 wrote:Hayward signs w/ Hornets @ 4 years/$120M

KJ

We officially screwed the pooch there. Should have done the deal with Indy for Turner and McDermott.

Good deal for Hayward. Pays him in the top range he could expect and places him with a team where he'll still be among the alpha dogs.

My thoughts exactly. I think Danny spent a couple rounds too many at the slots this time around.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:54 pm

Charlotte enters free agency with $19.4 million in cap space and would likely need to facilitate a sign-and-trade with the Boston Celtics and possibly a third team to land Hayward. 20 hours ago – via Michael Scotto @ HoopsHype

we;ll see if anything happens there
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:55 pm

well Washburn says a sign and trade and keith smith same thing

$120 million?
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:58 pm

Let's hope something can be salvaged via S&T.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next