dboss
kdp59
bobheckler
18 posters

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Hayward Opts OUT - Page 4 Empty Re: Hayward Opts OUT

Post by Ktron Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:11 pm

We’ll see. If Ainge screwed this up he needs to be canned. He better have something and I know we have been saying this but its beginning to look like the Peter Principle has set in on his ass.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:23 pm

Ktron wrote:We’ll see. If Ainge screwed this up he needs to be canned. He better have something and I know we have been saying this but its beginning to look like the Peter Principle has set in on his ass.

I have to agree with you Ktron.   There is still a lot that we do not know but things have a way of coming out in the wash.  I am keeping my fingers and toes crossed in hopes that Danny has a plan D because right now it is looking like he got played.

If he did get played, serious consideration should be giving to getting a new GM.

Last edited by dboss on Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:30 pm

dboss wrote:
Ktron wrote:We’ll see. If Ainge screwed this up he needs to be canned. He better have something and I know we have been saying this but its beginning to look like the Peter Principle has set in on his ass.

I have to agree with you Ktron.   There is still a lot that we do not know but things have a way of coming out in the wash.  I am keeping my fingers and toes crossed in hopes that Danny has a play D because right now it is looking like he got played.

If he did get played, serious consideration should be giving to getting a new GM.

I’m seriously hoping there’s something but I’m not confident. I’m so tired of his bullshit. Bottom line- 1 title in 20 years= unacceptable even in these times. If he makes me sound stupid after all this ill be happy but as of right now, I hate that SOB!

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:30 pm

Charlotte fans are not exactly happy. 40% like it and 40% do not like it and 20% do not give a crap!

https://www.atthehive.com/2020/11/21/21588759/charlote-hornets-free-agency-news-sign-gordon-hayward
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:47 pm

Bantum to be waived. The full F is complete.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:57 pm

Danny got way too greedy and gambled away a big part of the Celtics future. A major fail by our GM.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:33 pm

Upon further consideration I'm giving Danny a little more slack.  Let's be honest here, would Boston have offered close to max money ($30M/year, 4 years) to a 31 year old player with Hayward's injury history?  WOULD YOU if you were Danny?  If Horford was offered "Crazy Money" then this contract is certifiable.. And Tatum is about to receive a Supermax extension too.

Let's assume Danny pulled the trigger on the Indy deal as offered (assuming that wasn't sll BS in the first place and we're stewing over a phantom) and didn't even try to negotiate.  That would require Hayward's agreement, right, because he opted out?  Who in their right mind would accept $20M/year, $80M total when he could have a $30M/$120M one?

Montrezl Harris turning down more money in Charlotte to sign with the Lakers is what caused this.  It freed up the money.  We were beaten by "The LeBron Effect".  This is why, if I had to, I would trade Jaylen, whom I love, to Milwaukee for Giannis.  

Danny thought he had time.  He didn't know Harris would turn down more money from Charlotte.  Credit to MJ for the quick pivot away from Harris to make Hayward an offer he couldn't refuse.  Let's remember, free agency started 5pm EST YESTERDAY.  This has all happened in 22 hours, from start to signature.

Welcome to the NBA, Mr. Nesmith.  I hope you're ready because our need for a dead-eyed shooter just exploded.  It would have been better if you had the time to get used to the temperature but now you're just going to get thrown into the deep end of the pool right away.

I also think this upped Wanny's odds of being resigned.  Not only has a roster spot recently opened but, coincidentally, so has the need for a reliable veteran ballhandler.  Somebody besides Smart needs to be able to feed the shooters.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:37 pm

The wifey just threw a what if scenario at me.

What if Charlotte makes a deal to move Hayward to Indy

OMG, if that happened I would not know what to say, a rarity!
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:51 pm

dboss wrote:The wifey just threw a what if scenario at me.

What if Charlotte makes a deal  to move Hayward to Indy

OMG,  if that happened I would not know what to say, a rarity!

MJ gets Turner and McBuckets for Hayward?! OMG!

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:57 pm

Bob, had Danny pulled the trigger earlier, before Charlotte got outfoxed by the Lakers, Gordon may have inked the deal with us for Indy.

Yes, you are right, MJ gave Gordon ridiculous money. Absurd.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:10 pm

bobheckler wrote:Upon further consideration I'm giving Danny a little more slack.  Let's be honest here, would Boston have offered close to max money ($30M/year, 4 years) to a 31 year old player with Hayward's injury history?  WOULD YOU if you were Danny?  If Horford was offered "Crazy Money" then this contract is certifiable.. And Tatum is about to receive a Supermax extension too.

Let's assume Danny pulled the trigger on the Indy deal as offered (assuming that wasn't sll BS in the first place and we're stewing over a phantom) and didn't even try to negotiate.  That would require Hayward's agreement, right, because he opted out?  Who in their right mind would accept $20M/year, $80M total when he could have a $30M/$120M one?

Montrezl Harris turning down more money in Charlotte to sign with the Lakers is what caused this.  It freed up the money.  We were beaten by "The LeBron Effect".  This is why, if I had to, I would trade Jaylen, whom I love, to Milwaukee for Giannis.  

Danny thought he had time.  He didn't know Harris would turn down more money from Charlotte.  Credit to MJ for the quick pivot away from Harris to make Hayward an offer he couldn't refuse.  Let's remember, free agency started 5pm EST YESTERDAY.  This has all happened in 22 hours, from start to signature.

Welcome to the NBA, Mr. Nesmith.  I hope you're ready because our need for a dead-eyed shooter just exploded.  It would have been better if you had the time to get used to the temperature but now you're just going to get thrown into the deep end of the pool right away.

I also think this upped Wanny's odds of being resigned.  Not only has a roster spot recently opened but, coincidentally, so has the need for a reliable veteran ballhandler.  Somebody besides Smart needs to be able to feed the shooters.

Bob

I was never of the mindset that the Celtics were looking to move forward w/Hayward in green, considering Hayward's lack of durability. So doing a sign & trade was our best option -we could've at least gotten something back for him. That said, with your scenario, would Indy only look to pay Hayward $20M/yr if there was a s&t deal in place? Turner + McDermott would've been $25M. The only thing we don't know is how much Indy would've been willing to pay him.

I just feel like Danny bluffed and it bit him in the ass.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:13 pm

There are a lot of things yet unknown.  But there is one thing we do know.  Danny lost yet another max level player and has nothing to show for it.

With the Batum waiving Danny has no pathway to get anything for GH.  Nothing!

And just think, I was calling Danny a genius.  Man accolades should not be thrown around like so many draft picks.

The stench of this episode is way beyond what any Celtics fan should have to endure.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:20 pm

k_j_88 wrote:
bobheckler wrote:Upon further consideration I'm giving Danny a little more slack.  Let's be honest here, would Boston have offered close to max money ($30M/year, 4 years) to a 31 year old player with Hayward's injury history?  WOULD YOU if you were Danny?  If Horford was offered "Crazy Money" then this contract is certifiable.. And Tatum is about to receive a Supermax extension too.

Bob

I was never of the mindset that the Celtics were looking to move forward w/Hayward in green, considering Hayward's lack of durability. So doing a sign & trade was our best option -we could've at least gotten something back for him. That said, with your scenario, would Indy only look to pay Hayward $20M/yr if there was a s&t deal in place? Turner + McDermott would've been $25M. The only thing we don't know is how much Indy would've been willing to pay him.

I just feel like Danny bluffed and it bit him in the ass.

KJ

KJ

I think there are two things we do not know.  One you already mentioned.  What was Indy's offer to Hayward and (2) what was Danny looking for in return.  Right now Danny looks like Neville  Chamberlain hopping off the plane waving a fake deal.

Last edited by dboss on Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:30 pm

Bob

might have to use the Bi-annual exception to bring Wanamaker back now.

and that MLE needs to be used on a big man, IMO
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by BingBang! Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:32 pm

Gordon sacrificed being at the birth of his child to be with his team in the bubble and now he’s gone — and to Charlotte! Kyrie, Horford and now Gordon —- all veteran all stars who left. I don’t think it’s Boston the city or the fans. I think it’s the team and/or management or both.
BingBang!
BingBang!

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:53 pm

That cannot happen. Sign and trades can only be done with your own free agent.

The trade with Indy would never happen at $120M/4 years. Hayward got a better offer and took it.

So being pissed at Danny for screwing up the trade is so messed up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vankisa Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:33 pm

gyso wrote:

That cannot happen.  Sign and trades can only be done with your own free agent.

The trade with Indy would never happen at $120M/4 years.  Hayward got a better offer and took it.

Hi gyso,

I disagree about being pissed at Danny. It got out of his hands indeed, no question there. But if he had a trade which he was sitting on. ANY trade that nets us something useful in return. He majorly screwed up. It is his job after all to know when the market is volatile and that while negotiating with a player that has already opted out in such a market, playing "waiting games" is extremely risky.

Of course that is all assuming there was a trade to screw up. But there was too much noise about it to have been fake imo...

Vankisa

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:00 pm

I really wonder if Danny really did not want Turner and may have been trying a way to flip him for someone else or do a three way. The one who came out the smartest is the agent, I played one against the other and got absurd money from Jordan. Now scary Terry will definitely be moved because he paid him a lot of $$ last year.

I am going to wait this one out before I throw dirt on Danny. I said somewhere before, could be management did not want this trade either. Turner was making good money, so...maybe they decided they wanted to go elsewhere. Let’’s wait this one out a bit....
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:04 pm

dboss wrote:There are a lot of things yet unknown.  But there is one thing we do know.  Danny lost yet another max level player and has nothing to show for it.

With the Batum waiving Danny has no pathway to get anything for GH.  Nothing!

And just think, I was calling Danny a genius.  Man accolades should not be thrown around like so many draft picks.

The stench of this episode is way beyond what any Celtics fan should have to endure.

Time for Ainge to go. I just read a lengthy piece on Joe Lacob and the Warriors. No way does this kind of crap happen on their watch.
BTW, Serge Ibaka may be available. Let’s see if Danny and Wyc screw that up too. I’m done with them.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:06 pm

I would be happy if somehow we got Serge Ibaka.

BTW, a contract in Toronto with Canadian taxes nets the player less than an American deal, although Toronto Raptors will be playing in Tampa this year, a no income tax state!
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:08 pm

Serge would be a great get for us
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:08 pm

gyso wrote:

That cannot happen.  Sign and trades can only be done with your own free agent.

The trade with Indy would never happen at $120M/4 years.  Hayward got a better offer and took it.

gyso we do not know what Indy was offering. Speculation was somewhere in the neighborhood of around $27 million. There are a lot of unknowns in the mix but the Celtics have been engaged with talks with Indy for a few weeks. Until we know for sure what Indy was willing to spend and what Danny was asking for we remain in the dark. Do we know if GH really wanted to go to Indy or was he just looking for another big payday. Would he have taken less money to return home if Danny could make a deal? We do not know. We only know that Danny could not get the deal done.

Fans deserved to be pissed at Danny. Not just for this latest dumpster fire but a disturbing pattern of miscalculations on high profile players that were heavily invested in to be on our team. What I see here is a smug arrogant GM that was way too sure of himself.

I would almost pay to see the look on his face when Gordon's agent called him and said "we're going with Charlotte"

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:10 pm

Yeah lets keep waiting and waiting and waiting and.....it’ll be another 21 yers. Hell, the Nets could win a title before we do at this rate. And we think Danny fleeced them years ago. Let’s wait and see. And wait and wait and wait.....

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:10 pm

One thing to consider in evaluating what went down with GH, Indy, and Charlotte. I'm guessing GH had an inkling Charlotte was going to come through with big $$$$. Indy probably wouldn't have given him 30 per year. So, it might not be that Danny tried to hold out for too much, but rather GH wouldn't agree to the sign and trade. I guess we'll see.

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by BingBang! Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:13 pm

Celtics beat reporters have reported that Gordon’s people expected a deal with Indianapolis prior to the opt out deadline and in fact the Haywards had already moved there. I don’t like Turner so if the Celtics land Baines instead I’ll be happier.
BingBang!
BingBang!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next