PLEASE READ THIS THREAD ABOUT JEB'S HEALTH. VERY IMPORTANT.

+28
KellyGreen17
swedeinestonia
rickdavisakaspike
RosalieTCeltics
QuietReader
Berlin-T
bigpygme
MDCelticsFan
cowens/oldschool
steve3344
sinus007
pete
dbrown4
willjr
Matty
Hoopdeedoo
gyso
LACELTFAN
MustangGator
NYCelt
mrkleen09
Outside
jeb
bobheckler
bobc33
beat
Sam
32 posters

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

PLEASE READ THIS THREAD ABOUT JEB'S HEALTH.  VERY IMPORTANT. - Page 7 Empty Re: PLEASE READ THIS THREAD ABOUT JEB'S HEALTH. VERY IMPORTANT.

Post by worcester Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:32 pm

Life gets very real sometimes. It's not a video game.
worcester
worcester

https://www.hkacup.com

Back to top Go down

PLEASE READ THIS THREAD ABOUT JEB'S HEALTH.  VERY IMPORTANT. - Page 7 Empty Re: PLEASE READ THIS THREAD ABOUT JEB'S HEALTH. VERY IMPORTANT.

Post by NYCelt Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:00 am

Jeb,

I hope the next few days go your way.

Still keeping you in my thoughts and prayers here.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by gacracker Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:09 am

jeb wrote:tomorrow i meet with my surgeon and i now know that there are two lymph nodes which he says look "aggravated" this could be from the bile and toxins floating around in there but if it has spread it may prevent the whipple. He said he will open me up, take a look and either take out the growth and thats it or if it looks contained do the whipple. Tough times ...waiting under a lot of pressure.

I meet with the guy in his office face to face tomorrow. Just need a couple of good bounces here guys. Just a couple, after a long run of bad. Worcester if he closes me back up I will be in contact with you stat to get going on those things we talked aboub in im form.

Anyway the surgeon is going to open me up and thats a lock. Now we just hope it is contained and that those lymph nodes are bugged by the tumor or something to do with the liver stuff.

Tomorrow is big

Well tomorrow has arrived...... hang tough, Kid!

GC
gacracker
gacracker

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:32 am

Jeb

Good Luck!

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:15 am

Jeb, A number of years ago I was having some big problems and a friend gave me a book with a title something like: "You Can't Afford the Luxury of Having Negative Thoughts." I never red the book, but the title stuck with me. You're somewhat in the same situation. To dispel any gloom you may begin to feel, please watch this video:

http://www.cancercenter.com/pancreatic-cancer/survivors/peggy-kessler.cfm

Whether or not you ever get treated at CTCA, you need to know that the worst case diagnosis is only one person's opinion, and you do have other real and workable options.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:37 am

Jeb:

Open up a can on that tumor, and those lympf nodes. Bring a sample of 6/17/08 and whip 'em by a good 39 points. 39, Jack Benny's age. Jeb ya' got him beat already.

God Bless. Pray all goes well!

MD.

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:47 pm

Good Luck Jeb!
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:06 pm

hey fellas

well it didnt go perfect but it went pretty well. The surgeon is a bad ass.

And get this, my oncoligist name is dr boone goodgame, how can i lose.

I will give yall a detailed post later cause i am just too pooped now but I am very hopeful coming out of this meeting and I am putting together an 87 celtics level team of docs.

Again we have a firm plan I FEEL GOOD ABOUT and i will share it in detail with yall later but i got to rest.

Jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:10 pm

Pretty well is damned good! Dr. Goodgame rules!
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by LACELTFAN Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:13 pm

Best of luck Jeb...
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:52 pm

Jeb,

You're the conductor in this particular band. We operate at your pace. Whatever and whenever you choose to share is just fine with us.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:37 pm

sam'

gimme a call if you want later...it's good news, we got a plan and a bad ass team.

I'll tell you about it.

your pal

jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:10 pm

Jeb,

I tried but couldn't reach you. I wouldn't be shocked if you had an early bedtime because you must be exhausted. I hope to talk with you tomorrow.

I like the sound of your message.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MustangGator Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:22 pm

Jeb,

I obviously do not know the details, but from the tone of your posts, they have made my night. You are really sounding good. Keep it up my Celtic friend. Rest and I will continue to be thinking of you. Donald, myself, and my other half are really pulling for you. I talk about you all of the time and frequently give Ms MG updates on your status.

MG
MustangGator
MustangGator

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:46 pm

Hey Gator!

I FEEL good. We got a damn good team and a plan in place. Now we just got to go do it. The support around here from the guys has lifted my spirits inna major way. I truly appreciate it everybody. I will shoot yall updates on this thread as major things pass or if i just need to talk. But as far as i am concerned Ima try my best to go back to coming here to talk hoop.

What a season we have to talk about!

Love and respect to everyone at Sams...you are great great friends and people.

tell mrs mg and donald we will whip this shit!

jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:10 am

In the words of the immortal Devo, "Whip it. Whip it good!"
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:42 am

Jeb, is that last word in your post a technical medical term? I swear you'll be a full-fledged doctor when you finish beating the hell out of this.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:51 am

Jeb

Between your positive post and attitude I'll take it that a whuppin is in store for whatever the thing is that is going on inside you. Full attack mode!
Just like the Duke would put on a whuppin

PLEASE READ THIS THREAD ABOUT JEB'S HEALTH.  VERY IMPORTANT. - Page 7 John_w10

“I haven’t lost my temper in 40 years; but, Pilgrim, you caused a lot of trouble this morning; might have got somebody killed; and somebody oughta belt you in the mouth. But I won’t. I won’t. The hell I won’t!”

(my favorite Wayne movie line.)

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:25 am

My favorite line from John Wayne was in real life after he left the hospital for treatment of stomach cancer:

"I licked the big C."
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:57 am

I used to wake up, do my "morning routine" and check my email when I got to the computer. Maybe check the news next to see what's blown up while I was sleeping. Then, I'd go read what was written about the Celtics and after that, I'd come here and read everybody's thoughts and maybe let a few leak out of me.

Since this has started, I come here first. I'm not talking about the computer in general or even Sam's Forum, I'm talking about this thread. I wanna know how my friend Jeb's doing.

Everything else can take a number and wait.

It has been a good couple of days, I think. The weather outside has sucked (for here, at least) but I don't feel it. I work with someone who deserves a pool cue across the bridge of his nose, but he's not bothering me. Jeb's feeling good and confident. The sky is blue, the sun is warm and the birds are singing happily.

I'll take every day like this I can and double on Sunday.

Go Jeb.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by gacracker Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:58 am

worcester wrote:My favorite line from John Wayne was in real life after he left the hospital for treatment of stomach cancer:

"I licked the big C."

Not quite, Duke! If I'm not mistaken, you died of stomach cancer in 1979 soon after you were diagnosed.

His earlier mid-60s lung cancer (lost a lung and ribs, quit smoking cigarettes, recovered, then started chewing tobacco and smoking cigars) and stomach cancer he believed were related to his heavy smoking.

Plenty macho.... but not exactly a role model for Jeb... or anyone else dealing with cancer.

Sorry!

GC

gacracker
gacracker

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:02 pm

GA

I was thinking that as I was posting a bit ago. My post was meant only to show his (the Duke's) fighting spirit in the MOVIES not his real life. A fighting spirit that a guy like Jeb needs to help battle HIS foe.

beat

beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:12 pm

yeah GA why you got to kill our duke buzz?

My appetite is comin back boys! The post are much appreciated and a source of buoyancy and joy to me.

In duke mode i am anxious to see the coens true grit...love the coens love bridges!
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:13 pm

Didnt the duke get sick making some roman movie out in the desert where they tested fat man and little boy?
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:18 pm

gacracker wrote:
worcester wrote:My favorite line from John Wayne was in real life after he left the hospital for treatment of stomach cancer:

"I licked the big C."

Not quite, Duke! If I'm not mistaken, you died of stomach cancer in 1979 soon after you were diagnosed.

His earlier mid-60s lung cancer (lost a lung and ribs, quit smoking cigarettes, recovered, then started chewing tobacco and smoking cigars) and stomach cancer he believed were related to his heavy smoking.

Plenty macho.... but not exactly a role model for Jeb... or anyone else dealing with cancer.

Sorry!

GC

gc,

I disagree. I think John Wayne is a great role model for people dealing with cancer. He was just a lousy role model for people trying to avoid cancer.

I think, in this particular instance, we're past that point now and are "dealing" with it.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next