PLEASE READ THIS THREAD ABOUT JEB'S HEALTH. VERY IMPORTANT.

+28
KellyGreen17
swedeinestonia
rickdavisakaspike
RosalieTCeltics
QuietReader
Berlin-T
bigpygme
MDCelticsFan
cowens/oldschool
steve3344
sinus007
pete
dbrown4
willjr
Matty
Hoopdeedoo
gyso
LACELTFAN
MustangGator
NYCelt
mrkleen09
Outside
jeb
bobheckler
bobc33
beat
Sam
32 posters

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

PLEASE READ THIS THREAD ABOUT JEB'S HEALTH.  VERY IMPORTANT. - Page 3 Empty Re: PLEASE READ THIS THREAD ABOUT JEB'S HEALTH. VERY IMPORTANT.

Post by Cooz Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:27 pm

Actually I did but probably not where you think.I grew up outside of NYC in Jersey but was always a Celts fan growing up--so I would watch him when they came into the old MSG.
I went to college outside of Boston in 70 and lived there for 11 years.
I was a point guard and Cooz was always the guy I tried to mimic---unfortunately there not enough film clips of those days--outside of the ones you see all the time.Pistol Pete was the flashiest,Magic the most prolific,I loved Guy Rogers and Johnnie Egan----but Cousy was the magician--no one has ever led a better fast break.

Cooz

Back to top Go down

PLEASE READ THIS THREAD ABOUT JEB'S HEALTH.  VERY IMPORTANT. - Page 3 Empty Re: PLEASE READ THIS THREAD ABOUT JEB'S HEALTH. VERY IMPORTANT.

Post by worcester Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:34 pm

Jeb's got a really good prognosis. He doesn't need to make a shot from half court to win his game, more like an unguarded layup. He'll do fine. Go Jeb!
worcester
worcester

https://www.hkacup.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:52 pm

cooz

WELCOME OLDE TOP!

yet again you made me tear up...

And guys the love and support is such a boost in helping me stay positive and i really believe thats how to beat this malady.

jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:34 am

Cooz, welcome to the board. Obviously, we agree with your assessment of Jeb. He''s very fortunate to have a friend as loyal as you.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:25 am

Jeb

I've been away from the board for a few days.

I just want you to know that you are in my prayers. I just want you to know that I am sending you a big time helping of positive energy and love. Get well soon my friend...we need you.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:37 am

thanks dboss

Itsa serious situation but I hope to overcome it.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by bigpygme Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:42 pm

jeb wrote:cooz

WELCOME OLDE TOP!

yet again you made me tear up...

And guys the love and support is such a boost in helping me stay positive and i really believe thats how to beat this malady.

jeb

and i think that's exactly it, too.

Michael
bigpygme
bigpygme

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:45 am

pretty blue today, reading stories about this whipple procedure and it is life altering. most people make it 3 years. 5 is a real success story. they tale out a giant chunk of you.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:57 am

jeb wrote:pretty blue today, reading stories about this whipple procedure and it is life altering. most people make it 3 years. 5 is a real success story. they tale out a giant chunk of you.

Jeb,

One thing I've heard about this procedure is that it is important to have it done in a hospital that does a high volume of them per year. The experience of the doctor performing the procedure and of the hospital where the procedure is done is a significant factor in how well you do long run.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:27 am

Moreover, the long-term effectiveness of the Whipple Procedure can as much as double if the malignancy has not spread prior to the surgery. My understanding, Jeb, is that this is likely to be your situation IF, indeed, it's malignant in the first place.

And, with most serious medical procedures, buying time is very important because of the incredible medical developments occurring daily. That's what many people are doing. For more than three years, I've been going onto the website of the Cleveland Clinic every week to check on the progress in certain medical procedures. And it is truly amazing.

It's eerily much the same as following the Celtics last season. Just keep on keeping on long enough, and good things have a chance of happening. The immediate challenge is to realize that you have two choices: (1) Allow yourself to become overpowered by the worst possibilities or (2) focus every day on doing your best to permit the medical community to work their ever-increasing magic. In my mind, that's a no-brainer.

Personally, I want to stick around to see how the whole friggin' thing turns out! And I'd be happy to have you join me.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:36 am

Jeb

10-12 years ago a brother of a friend of mine discovered he had cancer, prognosis was not good, guy was very athletic and perhaps 40ish years old then. To make a long story short he is very much with us today after having the whipple proceedure done 10-12 years ago. I will check more details on Monday when I see his brother again (if I can make it to work) weather may tell me to stay home.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:48 am

bobheckler wrote:Jeb,

One thing I've heard about this procedure is that it is important to have it done in a hospital that does a high volume of them per year. The experience of the doctor performing the procedure and of the hospital where the procedure is done is a significant factor in how well you do long run.

I second what Bob said wholeheartedly. With most procedures and especially with this one, it is SO important for both to have experience -- the surgeon and the hospital.

Everyone's different, but look to those who have had the procedure and are success stories, like Steve Jobs. I'm sure there are many others out there who had good outcomes but don't happen to be famous.

Most of life is drudgery and routine with some enjoyable times along the way. There are enjoyable times in your future. You'll have to endure more to get them, but you're going to value them a ton.

[Luke won a game of poker on a bluff]
Dragline: Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
Luke: Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:06 pm

Jeb

A former runner of mine sent me this a few minutes ago. (I coached cross country for several years)

Hope it inspires you even if only a little!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_o3_iwUNLk

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:39 pm

The power of positive thinking is a wonderful thing. Keep on thinking that you are going to beat this and you may even surprise yourself at how well things might turn out. I had a wonderful, wonderful friend who was diagnosed with
stomach cancer on December 12, he just gave in, couldn't or wouldn't fight, and he was gone in two months. The doctors believe his giving up was a major part of his downfall and death.

So, Jeb, as you can see from the outpouring of support you have here, no one is going to let you give up. Keep fighting the fight, good things may just come to you. In my thoughts and prayers daily....

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:49 pm

the doctor is solid 4 sho
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:52 pm

and i wont quit just havin a bad day
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:20 pm

Glad to hear the doc is good. As long as he's also a Celtic fan, you're good to go.
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:14 pm

i go in to have my stent put in on wednesday. hopeful this will get me feeling better. worcester is watchin my back in a medical way for real. Man is a one man support group. The man himself slippery sam has been beyond supportive with both his wisdom and his time too.

keep yall posted i will
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:09 pm

jeb wrote:i go in to have my stent put in on wednesday. hopeful this will get me feeling better. worcester is watchin my back in a medical way for real. Man is a one man support group. The man himself slippery sam has been beyond supportive with both his wisdom and his time too.

keep yall posted i will

jeb,

I'm going to go out on a limb here and predict with certainty the stent will make you feel a LOT better. EVERYBODY I've ever known who has gotten one (both my parents and a number of friends) have confirmed this.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:12 pm

bobheck

i like that kind of talk!
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:12 pm

its very weird to have a thread about me!
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:25 pm

jeb wrote:its very weird to have a thread about me!

It just highlights the obvious, jeb. You're important.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:29 pm

Jeb,

On Wednesday, each of us will have a game-on thread going on in his/her head as you have the procedure. My bet is that, whatever you're expecting during the procedure, you'll be shocked at how easy it is. Probably quite quick too. I haven't had it done to my liver, but I've had seven for the heart. Awake the entire time, joking with all the medical personnel around me. Not a twinge of pain. Because the veins and arteries, through which they thread the microscopic equipment used to rake pictures and position the stent, have no nerves and no feeling.

I recall the first time I had a stent inserted, quite a few years ago. I had no idea what to expect. They gave me a local anesthetic at the point where they were to make the incision in the groin. So I didn't feel the incision at all. About five minutes later, I asked when they were going to insert the wire carrying the little camera. The doctor told me to look at the screen to my left, and the wire was visible, already in the arteries leaving to the heart. They took pictures and verified that there was a blockage. Up went another wire, this time with a balloon attached to it.

When they reached the blockage, they inflated the balloon (I couldn't help but think of the championship game in 1969) and reamed it back and forth to open the blockage. Up went the wire again, this time with the stent attached. They inserted the stent at the spot of the previous blockage, and I wound up with a band aid at the point of the incision. Thirty-five minutes flat. Joking the entire time (a lot of "groin humor". Out of the hospital in a day. No swimming for a couple of day (I was in South Beach). Drove in two days. No heavy lifting for a month. Big deal.

I can't guarantee that a stent for liver blockage is done in an identical manner, but I'll be it's similar. They offered me "happy juice" beforehand to make me a little loopy but still awake so I could cough when they wanted, turn my head left or right when they wanted, etc. I didn't happen to take the happy juice because I wanted to be as alert as possible in case I could help any any way.

I've had six stents inserted since, including a stent within a stent that was getting filled up again. Each time just as easy. I haven't had one for the past five years, and I kind of miss the excuse not to have to do any heavy lifting.

So I seriously doubt there's much to worry about as far as this particular procedure is concerned—particularly when you consider how it's going to help you.

I'll call you before Wednesday.

Take care,

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:55 pm

Hey Jeb

to take your mind off things a bit Marcus has spent the past 2 hours entering various Celtic contests on the computer. His biggest hope is to win a game worn SNEAKER (yeah just one) from Rondo. (hope the darn thing smells better than his sneakers should he win) He has to be one of the first 10 entries to correctly name Rondo's favorite holiday.

From the time the contest started he has a good chance to be one of the ten.

I've never had any surgery other than being knoced out for a tooth extraction. And the big V operation which I was awake for. But was sore has heck for a couple days.

Will be thinking of you and We'll dedicate the game on thread to you!

beat

By the way anyone care to guess Rondo's favorite holiday?

PS Marcus's game was cancelled tonight (weather)
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:51 pm

beat and sam and bob and everybody

thanks 4 everything...dawn and i got some good news today. very good. its not about my health and i dont want to tell yall until i'm sure.

keep em crossed. somebody is trying to step up for us inna MAJOR way.

My ol punker pals are doing a giant benefit with 9 bands in nooga for me (theyl prolly raise about two dollars) but man they are PISSED and fully engaged. It is so touching and beautiful.

Similar things are happening with with all my film peeps out west inre some sort of benefit.

i am being shown clearly while i am still alive how people feel about me and the lengths they are willing to go to help me. It brings me to tears daily.

What a gift.

jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next