PLEASE READ THIS THREAD ABOUT JEB'S HEALTH. VERY IMPORTANT.

+28
KellyGreen17
swedeinestonia
rickdavisakaspike
RosalieTCeltics
QuietReader
Berlin-T
bigpygme
MDCelticsFan
cowens/oldschool
steve3344
sinus007
pete
dbrown4
willjr
Matty
Hoopdeedoo
gyso
LACELTFAN
MustangGator
NYCelt
mrkleen09
Outside
jeb
bobheckler
bobc33
beat
Sam
32 posters

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

PLEASE READ THIS THREAD ABOUT JEB'S HEALTH.  VERY IMPORTANT. - Page 2 Empty Re: PLEASE READ THIS THREAD ABOUT JEB'S HEALTH. VERY IMPORTANT.

Post by MDCelticsFan Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:13 am

Jeb:

You've made so many contributions to this board. I can imagine you have legions of friends and supporters that will be behind you in whatever obstacles you will need to combat to overcome this problem. My prayers are with you, and I ask God to give you a rich measure of strength. Even as you have given much, I believe that there is so much more of life ahead for you. Just like in hoops, you need to get defensive stops so you can go on offense to attack this disease/infection whatever. This may be the fight of your life or for your life. I'd pray for you to be around for Banner # 18, and all the Banners for the C's that lie beyond #18. Keep on Keepin' On. God Bless.

MDCelticsFan

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

PLEASE READ THIS THREAD ABOUT JEB'S HEALTH.  VERY IMPORTANT. - Page 2 Empty Re: PLEASE READ THIS THREAD ABOUT JEB'S HEALTH. VERY IMPORTANT.

Post by bigpygme Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:43 pm

I'm all in on 112288's exhortation to get top care and evaluation at a research hospital, and to second bob h's statement that although not religious, i am very glad to pray to a God of my understanding for a good turn to your health, now!
by now you've had the inital procedure and they may know more ... i'm eager to hear CYST CYST CYST, but whatever the outcome, do all you can to stay positive.

there's a book, Love, Medicine and Miracles that may be worth having a look at here sometime, too. Amazon would be a cheap way to get a copy ...

Michael
bigpygme
bigpygme

Back to top Go down

Post by Berlin-T Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:57 pm

Well I'll be damned if I'm going to give you a big soapy speech. Praying isn't exactly up my alley either but I just want to say how much I've enjoyed posting with you and I hope it'll continue for many years to come.

All the best to you, Jeb

Berlin-T

(Ted)
Berlin-T
Berlin-T

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:25 pm

Cat scan shows its not a cyst. Hits just keep coming. It's wearin me down.

So its a tumor. Now it is either malignant or benign.

Wow.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:34 pm

Jeb

Not the news any of us wanted to hear. Setback yeah, but lots of game left as much as we can we are all right there with you. May the healing grace of our Lord and Father touch you.

beat

Last edited by beat on Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by bigpygme Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:50 pm

awww, s***. it'd wear me down too. do whart you can to take care of yourself amd stay positive...
bigpygme
bigpygme

Back to top Go down

Post by QuietReader Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:11 pm

Jeb,

You are a very special person to me.
Please take good care of yourself and stay positive.

You are in my prayer and I pray for [b]benign[/b].

LoudCheerLeader

Last edited by QuietReader on Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
QuietReader
QuietReader

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:18 pm

Jeb,

Simply a matter of changing the chant. "Benign, benign, benign, benign." And the skirt is now a micro.

You're being exposed to a series of challenges that no one should have to endure. But people do endure them, and that's the only way they lick them. I recall saying to myself at many difficult crossroads in my life, "If Havlicek could steal that friggin' ball, I can lick this friggin' thing." And so can you (although your model would probably involve Bird). Just don't let setbacks erode your determination. Divert immediately to the next proactive course of action. There's no realistic alternative. Get on with it. And we'll help all we can in the support department.

I'll be in touch.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:58 pm

Jeb,

So now your family and friends and all of us here will keep up our support through this next step. The road got rougher, we hope and pray harder.

Even if we're not right there physically, we're each with you in our own way. I believe in you and your ability to meet this challenge and win.

I'll look for your next update.

Dean
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:33 pm

Hey Jeb - It's that crazy woman who writes here every day. God, please take care of yourself and know that my thoughts and prayers are with you.
Thanks for putting up with me! Love Ya

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by rickdavisakaspike Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:55 pm

Hang in there, board brother. Prayers and positive thinking can work wonders.

rickdavisakaspike

Back to top Go down

Post by QuietReader Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:13 pm

jeb,

Please allow me to apologize for my previous message. I did not realize you had posted while I was struggling with my English. I am shocked to know it is not cyst...... I pray for Benign. Please hang in there.

You are in my prayers.

QuietReader
QuietReader

Back to top Go down

Post by swedeinestonia Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:02 pm

May the luck of the Irish smile upon you.

A prayer being sent out from Sweden.
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:24 pm

It is very likely that the tumor is cancerous. There is no sign on the cat scat that the cancer has spread and that is great news.

Another tough day of bad answers. Not without recourse and I know what my path is now. Two small procedures (one to put a stint in my bile duct) so my liver starts to work again. And one to with the help of a cat scan inject a needle into the tumor so they can do a biopsy on it to find out for sure what level cancer it is.

Then I have to have whats called a whipple procedure which will remove the tumor and part of my digestive tract. This may or may not be accompanied by chemo/radiation treatment.

Again the cat scat shows no spreading of the cancer into lymph nodes or anything else and that is epic mackin good news.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:27 pm

thank you all from my heart for your well wishes and loving words...they have power and lift my spirits every day.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:08 am

Jeb, I enjoyed our chat and the fact that, despite having natural concerns, you have your sights set squarely on how to ensure that you have the best possible treatment. That's as close to a perfect attitude as you can expect to have under the circumstances. I'm really proud of how you're approaching this, and every person on the board should be equally proud.

All the best to you and Dawn.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:58 am

"If you are going through hell, keep going".
- Winston Churchill

Keep going Jeb.

I think you've got the right mind-set. Do what you must to get well and make it your goal to celebrate in the better days that will then lie ahead.

Dean
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:07 pm

Keep the faith, Jeb. Take my word, prayers go a long way. Thinking of you....

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by bigpygme Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:54 pm

jeb wrote:Again the cat scat shows no spreading of the cancer into lymph nodes or anything else and that is epic mackin good news.

epic AND mackin - great good news indeed !! so glad that you and they were on this pretty fast! (sad to say another friend battling something else, bladder cancer, may not be so fortunate, so i am especially cheered that there's no sign of spread for you.)

best,
Michael
bigpygme
bigpygme

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyGreen17 Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:17 pm

Jeb, I'm a little late to this thread, but just wanted you to know that I'm thinking and praying for you as well!
KellyGreen17
KellyGreen17

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:58 pm

thanks kelly g
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:05 pm

Whoa! I just read this thread, having been away to Philly Wednesday and busy catching up Thursday, and now I understand Sam's reaction to my post about CTCA. My Uncle Paul died of pancreatic cancer in 1980, which set me on a long quest to discover treatments for this disease. One thing I've learned is that there's unfortunately little cross-pollenization of ideas among medical professionals from country to country. In the USA survival rates run much, much lower than in Germany and Japan where they add to the US accepted protocols of surgery (sometimes a Whipple's procedure is in order), chemortherapy, and or radiation therapy to treat pancreatic cancer.

Adjunctive therapies that work include hyperthermia, supplementation with certain herbs to prevent angio-genesis (the formation of capillaries that supply blood to the tumor), electro-cancer treatments (running DC current through gold and silver neeedles directly into the tumor), and injection of steam directly into the tumor.

Jeb, if you're interested in more info about steps you can take on your own to support the work of your oncologists, please e-mail me directly, and we can get into it. Worcester
worcester
worcester

https://www.hkacup.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:40 pm

Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cooz Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:09 pm

Hi to all--
I met my good pal Jeb along about 1985 when I hired him to work with me--he was just a high school kid and I was 33 (Larrrrrryyyyy!!!).Acouple hundred hoop games,and there was some healthy talent,as many incredibly competive tennis matches--tearjerking,Taipei type ping pong...he is an will always be my brother.
I just want to convey that what I'm reading you all say about him is very touching and you obviously have been drawn into all that is so right about this man.He's a rough competitor,he'll knock you down to win the game----but he'll pick you right back up.He'll take some chances--look over the edge,sometimes he'll jump,but he always land on his feet.
Our boy has had some rough episodes over the recent years,but always handled thenm with grace,compassion ,and respect.There can be no finer person.
Although I'm 14 years older then Jeb,we've always kinda followed similar paths,musically,politcally,pop culture and our beloved Celtics---before he found this website I would spend many a nite texting him progress of games while he was working west coast--and some nights literally 50 texts per game.There were times when i 'd have some home duty that might take me out of a game for 10 minutes and when I come back my phone would look like this ......?????????---I loved it!
I do know this site has been a godsend for him---he just loves talking hoop (we talked about the last 3 minutes of the Sixer game for 20 minutes today).
You got gold Jeb--gold inside of you.

Now ---Beat L.A!!!!!!

Cooz

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:17 pm

Welcome aboard Cooz.I assume you saw the Legend play?

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next